Raiders vs. Broncos CP Bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders vs. Broncos CP Bet

Simple question. Who do you have? My answer is obvious.

We need this game to wrap up the 2 seed and get a bye. A longshot #1 seed is also at stake. I will go on record and say the Chargers will beat the Chiefs for Mike McAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. Booker's fumble just flew into my living room and scared the daylights out of me! Anyway against most teams, the starting QB for the Raiders would make a difference. While McGloin is a HUGE drop off from an MVP candidate and franchise QB, Carr wasn't going to light it up against this passing defense. So now it's all up to Oakland's run game with Murray, Richard and Washington. Can they repeat or surpass their 218 yards from a couple months ago? I say yes.

Oakland 23
    Denver 17

I think the Raiders win in a blowout.
    sigpic

Comment

Yea, no way am I taking the Broncos on this one who will likely be starting the second/third string offense. What do you call backups to scrubs? Super-Scrubs? Whatever it is, that is probably who will be starting.
      sigpic

Comment

Are they putting in their backups to see who they have?

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Are they putting in their backups to see who they have?
          I think that is the common opinion. What they actually do remains to be seen, but it is really just an end of the season preseason game and a lot of the starters are hurt. I don't think they can come out and tell the fans who paid for seats they are not going all-in, but why risk injury to hurt players in a game with the best possible outcome is to say you got a meaningless win.
          sigpic

Comment

Would prefer a broncos win
            Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

We need this game to wrap up the 2 seed and get a bye. A longshot #1 seed is also at stake. I will go on record and say the Chargers will beat the Chiefs for Mike McAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. Booker's fumble just flew into my living room and scared the daylights out of me! Anyway against most teams, the starting QB for the Raiders would make a difference. While McGloin is a HUGE drop off from an MVP candidate and franchise QB, Carr wasn't going to light it up against this passing defense. So now it's all up to Oakland's run game with Murray, Richard and Washington. Can they repeat or surpass their 218 yards from a couple months ago? I say yes.

Oakland 23
              Denver 17
              If you had your starting QB it'd be easier. This is a tough one with your starting qb out and a bunch of our defenders injured.

13 to 10 Denver

Comment

can i take the broncos? i think they have a good shot at home and with the raiders missing carr.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  can i take the broncos? i think they have a good shot at home and with the raiders missing carr.
                  Yeah but McGloin can probably score 10+ points. That's enough.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    I think that is the common opinion. What they actually do remains to be seen, but it is really just an end of the season preseason game and a lot of the starters are hurt. I don't think they can come out and tell the fans who paid for seats they are not going all-in, but why risk injury to hurt players in a game with the best possible outcome is to say you got a meaningless win.
                    short answer: guys are playing for jobs. it's the last game of the season, the only guy you should maybe sit is von just because there is so much money tied to him. but you don't have a franchise QB or a premiere back to worry about keeping healthy so i'm not sure what the benefit is to sitting guys when you have the whole off season ahead of you.

me personally, i want to see guys fight for their job and fight for their teammates, especially at their lowest point as a team.

Comment

Oakland 23
                      Denver 17
                      I would say you are right about the Chiefs/Chargers game. There is zero reasons for the Chargers winning that game, but the Chiefs specialize in losing games such as this

Losing Carr dropped this game from sure win to probable win for the Raiders I.M.O. I still give the edge to Oakland, but the window is there for Denver. I would say your score is about right.

But, with that said, I am a Broncos fan this week

Comment

Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
                        I would say you are right about the Chiefs/Chargers game. There is zero reasons for the Chargers winning that game, but the Chiefs specialize in losing games such as this

Losing Carr dropped this game from sure win to probable win for the Raiders I.M.O. I still give the edge to Oakland, but the window is there for Denver. I would say your score is about right.

hey a chiefs fan, good luck this week and for the record i think the chargers might win this game.

not because i think they should win or are the better team, no.....it's because they just lost to the browns and coming back in the last week of the season to win a meaningless game that they should lose is such a chargers thing to do.

Comment

Yup. I'm not overly confident in this game. The Broncos aren't playing for the playoffs but I expect pride and fights for jobs.

If the Raiders can limit their big plays they should win. They give them up on the regular but Carr makes up for them. Hopefully (for me) Mack and Irvin take over.

Shame. They were about to drop 40 or more on the Colts before the injury. It was the statement game we were looking for all year.

Comment

Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post

Good to see you. A Chiefs presence is missed around these here parts.

Either way, whoever gets the 5th seed should win the Wild Card game in Houston as I feel we're both more well rounded than the Texans (sorry Baph )

Comment

hey a chiefs fan, good luck this week and for the record i think the chargers might win this game.

not because i think they should win or are the better team, no.....it's because they just lost to the browns and coming back in the last week of the season to win a meaningless game that they should lose is such a chargers thing to do.
                              Yea. The Chargers historically seem to be the team that "slays Goliath" so to speak. And history points to the Chiefs losing games they shouldn't. I haven't looked, but I would assume that the Chiefs are probably 3 point favorites(need to go check that out), and being favorites almost never works out for us. It's brewing up to be the perfect storm in favor of the Chargers I'm afraid. Not to mention that if we beat the Chargers, we will sweep the west. I just cant see that happening.

Just out of curiosity, who is #27 in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
                              X