X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Thanks. When you think about it, the #1 secondary vs. a QB that is 1-5 in six career starts does not make up for a good match up at all. So obviously the box would be stacked in the beginning, and we would need to see if McGloin can make the throws so we can have a balanced attack. Once he missed Amari Cooper for a wide open TD, I called game. He looked like a backup without reps, throwing high and off and rushing his throws when he didn't need to.

The Texans have the #1 defense in terms of yards, but their secondary will be much easier to throw against. We just need to force turnovers. I think we are (or were before yesterday's game) #1 in turnover ratio in the NFL. That and we need to stop allowing big plays in order to win.

This is going to be an ugly dog fight, so I don't mind if we sign Michael Vick off the streets for an option.
    What is the status of McGloin right now as we speak?

I'm sorry to tell you this man but I don't see Michael Vick having any more of an impact than Connor cook right now and at least Connor cook was a little productive against the Broncos secondary With the TD pass.

I was actually surprised to see that from Cook at this stage of his young career but unless McGloin is ready to go by Saturday I think the raiders are in trouble.

This will be the end result

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Surprising game actually. thanks for paying up!

Don't think we did you any favors going forward. it seemed like every couple of plays a Raider was on the ground then limping off.

Good luck with Houston.
    Thanks. When you think about it, the #1 secondary vs. a QB that is 1-5 in six career starts does not make up for a good match up at all. So obviously the box would be stacked in the beginning, and we would need to see if McGloin can make the throws so we can have a balanced attack. Once he missed Amari Cooper for a wide open TD, I called game. He looked like a backup without reps, throwing high and off and rushing his throws when he didn't need to.

The Texans have the #1 defense in terms of yards, but their secondary will be much easier to throw against. We just need to force turnovers. I think we are (or were before yesterday's game) #1 in turnover ratio in the NFL. That and we need to stop allowing big plays in order to win.

This is going to be an ugly dog fight, so I don't mind if we sign Michael Vick off the streets for an option.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I have CP'd all who took Denver except the suspended (why?!) RunningAces and Baph. I will need to sprinkle some CPs before I get to Baph again.

For those who did not take Denver because they thought starters were resting... TOUGH!

Good game. Even though we (12-4) go to Houston (9-7) it's the only playoff team we have a legit albeit slim shot against. I won't give in and say we win and get a game in Foxboro and lose that one.
    Surprising game actually. thanks for paying up!

Don't think we did you any favors going forward. it seemed like every couple of plays a Raider was on the ground then limping off.

Good luck with Houston.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    I have CP'd all who took Denver except the suspended (why?!) RunningAces and Baph. I will need to sprinkle some CPs before I get to Baph again.

For those who did not take Denver because they thought starters were resting... TOUGH!

Good game. Even though we (12-4) go to Houston (9-7) it's the only playoff team we have a legit albeit slim shot against. I won't give in and say we win and get a game in Foxboro and lose that one.
    I think Baph is accustom to sprinkles-- a losing season with a few wins 'sprinkled' in.

Leave a comment:

• 602BroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    If you had your starting QB it'd be easier. This is a tough one with your starting qb out and a bunch of our defenders injured.

13 to 10 Denver
    Gave too much and too little credit here. I'm not an injury excuse fan but.....

Shout out to those who still believed in their own team

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Yeah but McGloin can probably score 10+ points. That's enough.
    Ain't that the truth and plus I think if Oakland wins it'll push KC to go on an extremely focused run throughout the post season.

Leave a comment:

• RunningAces
    replied
    I'll take Denver to win

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Due to the fundamental law of ironic stupidness, I'll take the Broncos for the win. Booker runs for over 100, and our offense puts up rock star numbers.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    I'll take DEN for the win

Leave a comment:

• brianfrommissou
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Sounds like the start of a good joke....
    It kinda does don't it

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    A Chiefs fan, a Raiders fan and a Chargers fan being nice to each other in a Broncos Smack forum.

Tempting bet. If I were to bet, I'd pick the Broncos. But I'm not a betting person.

I just wanted to join in on all the goodwill.
    Sounds like the start of a good joke....

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    I would say you are right about the Chiefs/Chargers game. There is zero reasons for the Chargers winning that game, but the Chiefs specialize in losing games such as this

Losing Carr dropped this game from sure win to probable win for the Raiders I.M.O. I still give the edge to Oakland, but the window is there for Denver. I would say your score is about right.

But, with that said, I am a Broncos fan this week
    i expect the chiefs to be a tough out in the playoffs. Hoping they get the 2 seed - i would rather avoid them until the AFCCG if we make it.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    I would say you are right about the Chiefs/Chargers game. There is zero reasons for the Chargers winning that game, but the Chiefs specialize in losing games such as thissad:

Losing Carr dropped this game from sure win to probable win for the Raiders I.M.O. I still give the edge to Oakland, but the window is there for Denver. I would say your score is about right.

But, with that said, I am a Broncos fan this week
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    hey a chiefs fan, good luck this week and for the record i think the chargers might win this game.

not because i think they should win or are the better team, no.....it's because they just lost to the browns and coming back in the last week of the season to win a meaningless game that they should lose is such a chargers thing to do.
    Good to see you. A Chiefs presence is missed around these here parts.

Either way, whoever gets the 5th seed should win the Wild Card game in Houston as I feel we're both more well rounded than the Texans (sorry Baph )
    A Chiefs fan, a Raiders fan and a Chargers fan being nice to each other in a Broncos Smack forum.

Tempting bet. If I were to bet, I'd pick the Broncos. But I'm not a betting person.

I just wanted to join in on all the goodwill.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I think the raiders blow us out....

But I'll CP bet for the fun of it DS....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X