X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    OH NO!!! I just thought of something. What's going to replace this catchy disco dynamo??

dean spanos and his sons can sing this at their fan fest that nobody will show up to.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    OH NO!!! I just thought of something. What's going to replace this catchy disco dynamo??

A welcomed side effect...

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
    Some people are fans for different reasons. I didn't grow up a fan because the chargers always won (they didn't) or because they had my favorite colors (they dont). I was a fan because they represented my home town. Same reason im a padres fan. So i would consider my self quite the opposite of fair weather id consider my self a loyal san diego fan. Not like some who root for multiple teams in multiple cities. BTW funny how you rode my junk for sigs back in the day.
    it's all good buddy, i agree people are fans for different reasons. i grew up loving the chargers and have fond memories going to games at the murph with my dad who has since passed away. i couldn't imagine being a fan of another team because it wouldn't even come close to the love i have for the chargers and San Diego.

i hate that they moved to LA but to me they are still the chargers and are not moving that far away. i have respect for San Diego chargers fans that refuse to support the LA chargers (the ones that supported keeping them in SD at least) but i find it odd when you got fans now jumping on other cities teams bandwagon (not saying you are) now that the chargers moved to LA.

that to me that is definitely questionable but again, people are fans for different reasons and i take my chargers fandom very seriously because the love i have for my team i a very real thing and does not die that easily, even though i am not happy with what has happened.

good luck to you bud and enjoy living in the best city in america, even though it's a terrible sports town......can't be great at everything, ya know?
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-15-2017, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CHARGER$
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Proof of fair weather fans in San Diego.
    Some people are fans for different reasons. I didn't grow up a fan because the chargers always won (they didn't) or because they had my favorite colors (they dont). I was a fan because they represented my home town. Same reason im a padres fan. So i would consider my self quite the opposite of fair weather id consider my self a loyal san diego fan. Not like some who root for multiple teams in multiple cities. BTW funny how you rode my junk for sigs back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    this is one of the many reasons why i have always been a huge rivers guy, they should hire him after he retires if nothing else on how to stay classy.....

"I want it to be clear that my love for San Diego, the time here, the memories we had, the games, the practices, everything about it is special and awesome," he said. "That will never go away. But at the same time, I hope people understand this, I have to get excited, fired up about going up to a new area and representing our team and organization and going and trying to win as many games as we can win. And be the same guy that I've always been. That's the only way I know."
    I'm kind of in the middle of that of leaving behind something that you love, you're thankful for," he continued. "And you want to make sure everybody knows that. And then at the same time I don't want people here to go, 'Golly, he sure seems so fired up to go up there.' I'm just fired up all the time, whatever the task is. That's just the only way I know. I hope as the dust settles a little bit, I know there are a lot of emotions right now that people could understand that. I hope that when the dust does settle that the people that have been fans here for a long time can still watch a game on Sunday and go 'Hey, that's our quarterback.' You want them to still feel that because you always do. It's like your hometown
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...hargers-moving

the underlined is what gives him a bad rap, it's so true though and ive said that here over the years. rivers deserves a championship, a championship fan base, and a HOF birth after that happens.

if it wasn't for this guy i don't know if i could carry on being a chargers fan right now.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The funniest shot yesterday was the Dallas Stars stealing the Dallas Cowboys star and painting it green, then posting it to their Instagram page and said "we hope it's cool" while poking fun at the new LA chargers for stealing the LA Dodgers logo.
    i agree, it was truly embarrassing and i could not help but laugh, especially when literally everyone i know was making fun of me.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    because they moved cities? they cant change the uniforms this season but they can change a logo

they were never going to put that logo on the helmet, they may scrap that logo after the mass lynching they got on the internet yesterday, especially when the NFL made a point to say it wasn't approved.
    The funniest shot yesterday was the Dallas Stars stealing the Dallas Cowboys star and painting it green, then posting it to their Instagram page and said "we hope it's cool" while poking fun at the new LA chargers for stealing the LA Dodgers logo.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    the chargers now say the logo on the helmet wont change after mass protest over the new logo...then why have a new logo at all?

keep the banana
    because they moved cities? they cant change the uniforms this season but they can change a logo

they were never going to put that logo on the helmet, they may scrap that logo after the mass lynching they got on the internet yesterday, especially when the NFL made a point to say it wasn't approved.

Leave a comment:

• Frankenpost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
    RIP. I'm done. good luck in LA.
    Proof of fair weather fans in San Diego.

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/even-othe...224050444.html

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Sweet dodgers......I MEAN! Chargers logo
    https://twitter.com/DallasStars/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

you know how when someone is so embarrassed they can't do anything but laugh at themselves? that's me right now.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    the chargers organization is getting lynched so bad today on the internet i can't help but laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Sad day........... Still hoping the re-brand doesn't happen..... The West wouldn't be the same.
    Nothing like that first Las Vegas Raiders v Los Angles Chargers game...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X