RIP Chargers - Long Time Bolt Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    just like you told me before the season that the Denver defense and offense would be better as well?

they are what their record says, you are right. problem is, when they take the field next season they will not even be close to the same team due to getting over 20 guys back from IR including more than handful of key guys

Denver on the other hand was a mediocre team and almost 100% healthy, but you told me that was going to happen before the season started....oh wait, no you didn't.
    Broken damned record with this rube

Keep up the optimism buddy! Mean Dean is banking on more of you continuing to live in your deluded fantasy world lol
    kishzilla
    All-Pro
    Last edited by kishzilla; 01-20-2017, 06:28 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Almost 100%healthy? Not hardly.

Comment

he was a great player but you think he had a better career than a guy who is about to be a first ballet HOF'er and it will be funny when TD is left behind yet again.

whats really funny is when i see broncos fans such as yourself make excuses for elway falling short all those years and say it was because of the teams he was on. only when it suits your argument i suppose?
        What's really funny is you calling anybody a homer. You make excuses for the owner of your team, doing everything possible to bail on the city that forked over money for decades of mediocre crap, and taking a huge dump on your face and you're dumb enough to smile and ask for seconds.

"Oh man, I can't wait to go see my garbage ass team play in some jankball soccer stadium in a city that doesn't want anything to do with the team. Isn't it all just so swell!"

HAAA! I bet he loves guys like you lol
        kishzilla
        All-Pro
        Last edited by kishzilla; 01-20-2017, 06:32 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          What's really funny is you calling anybody a homer. You make excuses for the owner of your team, doing everything possible to bail on the city that forked over money for decades of mediocre crap, and taking a huge dump on your face and you're dumb enough to smile and ask for seconds.

"Oh man, I can't wait to go see my garbage ass team play in some jankball soccer stadium in a city that doesn't want anything to do with the team. Isn't it all just so swell!"

HAAA! I bet he loves guys like you lol
          i have never made excuses for the owner, i have never been a fan of him and are not happy they moved. but i see you are like the rest of the sheep that buy into whatever garbage you see from the media who now have an axe to grind. the local media in SD is pissed because they basically just got fired by the chargers (who are fanning the flames in a huge way) and where do you think the national media gets their garbage from?

i remember the very different rhetoric from the local media before the election, calling it a no brainer to vote for the stadium measure to keep the chargers.....now it's all the owners fault and the city gets a free pass?

it's funny how you have been one of the main people to bash SD's fan base and questionable fan support over the years but now all of a sudden it's actually the owner that screwed over the innocent SD fans that wanted the chargers all along?

how about the local politicians including the mayor who campaigned against the chargers and their stadium measure? a measure that included no out of pocket public funding?

or how about the people of SD themselves that said hell no to the chargers unless they privately funded their own stadium? if i only had a dime for every time i heard or read that opinion by an SD fan i would be very rich.

but now all of a sudden they are the ones that got stabbed in the back? the fact that you actually think they did everything possible to bail is about as dumb and ignorant of a statement you could have ever possibly made on the subject.

dude could have left years ago and he damn sure could have left last season without spending another dime or another second trying to stay in SD. this isn't me defending spanos, these are simply the facts.

oh and sorry to disappoint you but i'm not a front runner fan like so many of you broncos fans. i don't just pick teams based on how good they are and decide not to follow them when they are "mediocre"

yes i'm an optimistic person in general but i'm also realistic and there is reasoning behind what i am saying. you can't say the most decimated team in the NFL the last two seasons is just terrible and leave it at that, that would be ignorant.

yeah they could be decimated again in 2017 but before all the injuries they were blowing teams out of the water and choking in the 4th, which IMO was a coaching problem which i said back when that stuff was happening too.

oh and it's going to be funny making fun of you when people start going to those games at stubhub and those tickets become a very hot commodity. i am actually concerned that i won't be able to get tickets very easily, it's going to be really rough if the chargers are good too.

that's not optimism, that's called using my brain to think for myself and not letting misinformed or biased hacks think for me. it's a 30,000 seat stadium in LA.......it could sell out every game even if not one damn chargers fan showed up, there were games at the Q that had more than 30k opposing fans and that was not in LA.

i'm not saying it's going to be 30k screaming chargers fans (although it's likely once they start winning) but it's indeed going to be an electric and unique atmosphere for any fan that attends, not just for chargers fans.
          baphamet
          Recovering Smackaholic
          Last edited by baphamet; 01-23-2017, 12:13 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Broken damned record with this rube

Keep up the optimism buddy! Mean Dean is banking on more of you continuing to live in your deluded fantasy world lol
            i like how you didn't address the fact that you were just as wrong as me

the only difference is, the chargers could have fielded an offense and defense with the amount of guys that they lost for the season and the broncos were one of the healthier teams in the NFL and still regressed.

you told me the QB didn't really matter because the year before manning was awful so it couldn't get much worse and you actually made the argument that the defense would be better.

i guess that was not considered foolish optimism, right?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Salutethis View Post
              Almost 100%healthy? Not hardly.
              about as 100% healthy as a team can hope for during a season. your biggest loss was anderson, after that? vance walker? the rest of your key guys were healthy most of the season.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                Aaron Rodgers is in the Conference Championship with a banged up team
                WR playing rb!
                aaron rodgers is physically better than rivers first of all, i have no problem admitting that. second of all, he still has far more healthy weapons than rivers had in the passing game.

GB was banged up at RB sure.....they also have one of the better OL's in the NFL and starting quality receivers. rivers had none of that. the only thing relatively healthy on that offense was the 31st ranked OL and their TE's for part of the season.

the defense was in better shape health wise which would still be considered decimated with multiple key starters going down for the season as well.

i don't usually make the injury excuse, i usually save that for teams that lose their franchise QB. but in a situation like this? no matter if you blame strength and conditioning, coaching, or players made of glass.......no team is going anywhere with that kind of decimation. especially when they choke games away in the 4th early in the season when they were fairly healthy and playing well on offense.

to be clear though, they didn't lose all of those games just because of injuries, coaching was a big part of it as well as the play of rivers who still doesn't get a free pass.

i think at one point rivers just said screw it and starting chucking the ball around and taking more chances because there wasn't much else he could do.
                sigpic

Comment

• Interesting turn of events, according to this owners are quite angry at the Chargers for actually moving, and there's some push to have the Chargers move back to San Diego.

Wouldn't be unprecedented, the Seahawks moved to LA for a week in 1996, before moving back to Seattle. Of course, if they were to move back they'd need a new owner, no way could Spanos still own them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-move-to-l-a/

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Interesting turn of events, according to this owners are quite angry at the Chargers for actually moving, and there's some push to have the Chargers move back to San Diego.

Wouldn't be unprecedented, the Seahawks moved to LA for a week in 1996, before moving back to Seattle. Of course, if they were to move back they'd need a new owner, no way could Spanos still own them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-move-to-l-a/
                    Do you want to know what's hilarious about these reports? simply put..... the owners themselves voted to allow the chargers to relocate to LA.

people are piling on the chargers giving everyone else that was involved in this a free pass including the other owners that gave them the green light, SD local politicians who campaigned against keeping the chargers in SD, and the majority of SD citizens that said no to the chargers DT stadium measure.

that said, if they somehow force spanos to sell and made the chargers go back to SD.....are they then going to build the chargers a stadium there? or is there some magical new owner with a limitless pocket book that will do it for them?

i would love for the chargers to go back to SD and be rid of the spanos family, it's not going to happen though, absolutely no chance.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Rivers plays one more game for S.D. Chargers

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...125-story.html

Philip Rivers will participate in the Pro Bowl in large part because he wants to play one more game — at least in his mind — as a San Diego Charger.

“I made this team as a San Diego Charger,” Rivers said. “That’s cool.”

Rivers and the team’s other representatives will be announced as Los Angeles Chargers at the Pro Bowl. But Rivers said that won’t be what he is thinking. This, he said, will give him a chance for closure the regular-season finale did not.

“We walked off the field after that Kansas City game and we thought it might be the end, but we didn’t know,” he said. “This will be the last game I play as a San Diego Charger.”
                      Rivers is such a class act, he may be the classiest guy to ever wear the uniform. i know he doesn't deserve to go to the PB but to go there just to represent San Diego one more time? that's my QB.

sigpic

Comment

• Rivers deserves better than to play for the Cleveland Browns-lite...LAC should trade him to a competitor because they've done him a huge disservice by sucking so hardcore for this long.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          Rivers deserves better than to play for the Cleveland Browns-lite...LAC should trade him to a competitor because they've done him a huge disservice by sucking so hardcore for this long.
                          they couldn't trade him even if they wanted to, rivers requested a no trade clause be put in his contract.

the chargers also have good talent on their team when healthy, they are not a mess like the browns.
                          sigpic

Comment

they couldn't trade him even if they wanted to, rivers requested a no trade clause be put in his contract.
                            They can if Rivers waives it...

I think the bigger stumbling block is the middle first and a package of early second-round picks that he would fetch in trade value.

No thanks...
                            sigpic

Comment

They can if Rivers waives it...

I think the bigger stumbling block is the middle first and a package of early second-round picks that he would fetch in trade value.

No thanks...
                              yeah he could but then again, if he didn't want to play in LA why would he request for that language to be put in his contract? lets not forget, he singed that contract after those trade rumors to the titans because he supposedly didn't want to go to LA back then as well.

rivers doesn't want to play for anyone else, i think he's made that pretty clear. rivers has said he truly thinks they have good talent right now if they can stay relatively healthy and i agree with him, naturally
                              sigpic

Comment

yeah he could but then again, if he didn't want to play in LA why would he request for that language to be put in his contract?
                                Who knows? It's all hypothetical anyway. I'm just putting the facts out there, and as it relates to my team, bringing in Rivers for what it would cost, to me, aint worth it. He's the same age as Manning was when he came here, would cost more, and doesn't have nearly the same resume. If we got him without having to give up any picks like we did with Manning? Sure, why not. But that's not gunna happen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X