Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I wrong or

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    If you don't like what people here think...well don't come here anymore
    Did I say I don't like what people here think?
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by PatsFan4ever View Post
      How was SB42 even close to the same as this SB was? Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Seriously lol. Talk about grasping at straws. You haters literally can't stand how awesome the Patriots are!
      It's cute that you believe that...but that right there, that's our beef with the patriots. That your fanbase is so ignorant and arrogant that you think everyone hates you because they are jealous...We hate you because you are pretentious windbags who jabber on like little Chihuahuas.... You try and shove down our throats how "perfect" and how "awesome" you and your team are...
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        You try and shove down our throats how "perfect" and how "awesome" you and your team are...
        It comes with being a dynasty. Do you think the 49ers fans in the 80s or the cowboys fans in the 90s were any different? Heck, after the 49ers destroyed the bears in the 84' playoffs, the 49ers fans were telling the bears players to "bring your offense to the game next time." In the 90s the cowboy fans were completely obnoxious. And in the 2000s and 2010s the pats fans are basically acting the same way.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bates View Post
          Of course not, and I do watch WWE. Been a fan my whole life.
          honestly, that explains a lot. not judging you because you watch WWE but it does explain why you might think the NFL might be similar because you are a fan of an entertainment buisness that pretends to be a legitimate sport.

          It's not acceptable to me. But last year's SB and this year were 2 completely different games.

          Denver dominated all game last year and smother Carolina and never let up, which is how Denver's defense played all year behind a lackluster offense. (though again, plenty of agendas could have been pushed to give Manning a ring.)

          Atlanta was unstoppable the first half, and then the practice squad came out the second half and the offense was run by someone who obviously forgot what a football was.
          i feel like a broken record but i am going to say it again.........it doesn't matter. because if this SB was scripted then who are we to pick and choose which ones are and which ones are not? if this game was scripted you may as well say they all are. i would also argue it would be a lot easier to sway the outcome of a close game than another game where the winning team came back from 25 points down.

          even if shanahan did tank in the second half, there's no guarantee that the patriots come back unless the entire team was in on it which i do not buy for a nanosecond, it just doesn't make sense. the fact is, this kind of thing happens every year, just not in the SB.

          as i said before, this happened to my team multiple times this year alone. it's common for teams to get big leads in the first half then go into a shell in the second half allowing the other team to come back.

          it may seem dumb, illogical, and annoying as hell if you are a fan of such team but it happens. .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            honestly, that explains a lot. not judging you because you watch WWE but it does explain why you might think the NFL might be similar because you are a fan of an entertainment buisness that pretends to be a legitimate sport.



            i feel like a broken record but i am going to say it again.........it doesn't matter. because if this SB was scripted then who are we to pick and choose which ones are and which ones are not? if this game was scripted you may as well say they all are. i would also argue it would be a lot easier to sway the outcome of a close game than another game where the winning team came back from 25 points down.

            even if shanahan did tank in the second half, there's no guarantee that the patriots come back unless the entire team was in on it which i do not buy for a nanosecond, it just doesn't make sense. the fact is, this kind of thing happens every year, just not in the SB.

            as i said before, this happened to my team multiple times this year alone. it's common for teams to get big leads in the first half then go into a shell in the second half allowing the other team to come back.

            it may seem dumb, illogical, and annoying as hell if you are a fan of such team but it happens. .
            Me being a wrestling fan doesn't mean anything. I enjoy many forms of pro wrestling including Chikara, Dragon Gate, and especially New Japan, WWE happens to be more readily available, and their product in some areas has been amazing lately, mainly their NXT brand. Yes it is sports entertainment, yes it is scripted, but man oh man the bumps are real.

            As for your team blowing leads and games this year, that joke writes itself, but I did my best to defend the Bolts quite a bit this year. I hate seeing a talented QB suffer on a sinking team.

            "the fact is, this kind of thing happens every year, just not in the SB."

            Exactly. 25 point swings are rare by themselves. A 25 point swing in the Super Bowl is unheard of. It literally requires a total collapse of the players and coaches. For non SB caliber teams like the Browns, the Jags, the Bears, and to a lesser extend the Bolts (that is not a dig either, I have no problems with the Bolts), no one would blink an eye when it happened to them. But for a team in the SB that should have its crap together, it can't help but make you question some things. You don't put up 28 points in 35 minutes and hold your opponents to 3, and then allow 25 unanswered followed by the eventual loss and make it look like you aren't even trying anymore.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              honestly, that explains a lot. not judging you because you watch WWE but it does explain why you might think the NFL might be similar because you are a fan of an entertainment buisness that pretends to be a legitimate sport.



              i feel like a broken record but i am going to say it again.........it doesn't matter. because if this SB was scripted then who are we to pick and choose which ones are and which ones are not? if this game was scripted you may as well say they all are. i would also argue it would be a lot easier to sway the outcome of a close game than another game where the winning team came back from 25 points down.

              even if shanahan did tank in the second half, there's no guarantee that the patriots come back unless the entire team was in on it which i do not buy for a nanosecond, it just doesn't make sense. the fact is, this kind of thing happens every year, just not in the SB.

              as i said before, this happened to my team multiple times this year alone. it's common for teams to get big leads in the first half then go into a shell in the second half allowing the other team to come back.

              it may seem dumb, illogical, and annoying as hell if you are a fan of such team but it happens. .
              And with that thought process you fall right into their trap. You'll believe anything they want you to believe.

              One could say that Kyle Shanahan just became very arrogant and tried to win the game his way instead of holding the lead and taking the sure points on a field goal He hurt his team and his city but do you actually believe it's all his fault?

              No let me ask you another question what do you think of the accusations toward Tom Brady and the HGH supplements that he takes? you know the question that was asked of him last week (how is it that you're playing so good at age 39) and he told the media about supplements (orgnx xv vigor)
              that he takes but now all of a sudden all those websites in anything linking him to those comments that he made have all disappeared off the web. What is your take on that barph?

              Is it all just coincidence that they all disappeared? At least the dead spin website attempted to debunk the story with their false article stating that the accusations were false but all the rest have suddenly disappeared.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-08-2017, 09:02 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                And with that thought process you fall right into their trap. You'll believe anything they want you to believe.

                One could say that Kyle Shanahan just became very arrogant and tried to win the game his way instead of holding the lead and taking the sure points on a field goal He hurt his team and his city but do you actually believe it's all his fault?

                No let me ask you another question what do you think of the accusations toward Tom Brady and the HGH supplements that he takes? you know the question that was asked of him last week (how is it that you're playing so good at age 39) and he told the media about supplements (orgnx xv vigor)
                that he takes but now all of a sudden all those websites in anything linking him to those comments that he made have all disappeared off the web. What is your take on that barph?

                Is it all just coincidence that they all disappeared? At least the dead spin website attempted to debunk the story with their false article stating that the accusations were false but all the rest have suddenly disappeared.
                if you actually knew me IRL you would laugh your ass off at the underlined. i'm more like george carlin, i believe literally nothing i read or am told but i do consider it all at least.

                i believe what i see and hear for myself as well as logic and reason. for example, your question about tom brady? they are all on roids as far as i'm concerned and it makes sense from a business standpoint for them to do so.

                i would not be surprised if the NFL or certain websites tried to cover it up either, especially when you are talking about big stars like brady and manning when he was accused as well.

                it's not like i am saying the NFL is this squeaky clean brand that does no wrong or isn't at all shady. but are games scripted? are SB winners predetermined? did kyle shanahan tank the SB in the second half? those kinds of things?

                nope, don't buy it for reasons i have already stated. what i see is a bunch of butt hurt fans that just don't want to accept what they saw on sunday, even though it happens in the NFL every year, just not on the biggest stage.

                honestly, if there was ever a team that would pull a comeback off like that, it would be them. but you don't want to hear that, you want to give into idiotic notions that the game was staged, therefore calling into question how legitimate the NFL is as a whole.

                you can't even grasp the concept that if you accuse the NFL of these things, those same accusations can and should be considered with all other games as well including the broncos SB victories.

                as if it's just not possible the broncos games could have been staged or rigged, only the patriots!

                i am 100% positive had that been the falcons that came back by 25 you wouldn't be saying a damn thing about the game being staged, rigged, or talking about josh mcd tanking the second half.

                accept the fact that NE is a great team and deal with it like the rest of us or go be a WWE fan likes bates.
                Last edited by baphamet; 02-08-2017, 09:55 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bates View Post

                  Exactly. 25 point swings are rare by themselves. A 25 point swing in the Super Bowl is unheard of. It literally requires a total collapse of the players and coaches. For non SB caliber teams like the Browns, the Jags, the Bears, and to a lesser extend the Bolts (that is not a dig either, I have no problems with the Bolts), no one would blink an eye when it happened to them. But for a team in the SB that should have its crap together, it can't help but make you question some things. You don't put up 28 points in 35 minutes and hold your opponents to 3, and then allow 25 unanswered followed by the eventual loss and make it look like you aren't even trying anymore.
                  had to happen sometime dude. ill say again, teams go up big in games all the time and then in the second half go into a shell letting the other team come back. there is that and then there is the fact that even in the first half the patriots already had almost 50 snaps on offense while the falcons barely had 20.

                  that would make sense as to why the falcons defense gassed out and couldn't get to brady like they could in the first half, which was the prime reason they were winning to begin with. offensively for the falcons, they simply went into a shell in the second half like so many teams have before with a comfortable lead like that.

                  you can say kyle shanahan choked because of his game plan and questionable play calls in the second half but that doesn't mean he tanked the game. could it be that he is a very young coach still going through growing pains?

                  this is just so tin foil hat to me that i can't believe i'm even debating this but i'm bored so what the hell?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    if you actually knew me IRL you would laugh your ass off at the underlined. i'm more like george carlin, i believe literally nothing i read or am told but i do consider it all at least.

                    i believe what i see and hear for myself as well as logic and reason. for example, your question about tom brady? they are all on roids as far as i'm concerned and it makes sense from a business standpoint for them to do so.

                    i would not be surprised if the NFL or certain websites tried to cover it up either, especially when you are talking about big stars like brady and manning when he was accused as well.

                    it's not like i am saying the NFL is this squeaky clean brand that does no wrong or isn't at all shady. but are games scripted? are SB winners predetermined? did kyle shanahan tank the SB in the second half? those kinds of things?

                    nope, don't buy it for reasons i have already stated. what i see is a bunch of butt hurt fans that just don't want to accept what they saw on sunday, even though it happens in the NFL every year, just not on the biggest stage.

                    honestly, if there was ever a team that would pull a comeback off like that, it would be them. but you don't want to hear that, you want to give into idiotic notions that the game was staged, therefore calling into question how legitimate the NFL is as a whole.

                    you can't even grasp the concept that if you accuse the NFL of these things, those same accusations can and should be considered with all other games as well including the broncos SB victories.

                    as if it's just not possible the broncos games could have been staged or rigged, only the patriots!

                    i am 100% positive had that been the falcons that came back by 25 you wouldn't be saying a damn thing about the game being staged, rigged, or talking about josh mcd tanking the second half.

                    accept the fact that NE is a great team and deal with it like the rest of us or go be a WWE fan likes bates.
                    Is that suppose to be an insult? You realize most pro wrestlers are 10x more talented and athletic than 95% of the NFL players? You think any NFL player is doing what Sabu did his ENTIRE career and still waking up every morning in 1 piece? You think any lineman sized NFL player is doing a moonsault from the top rope like I have seen plenty of plus size wrestlers do? If your only knowledge of pro wrestling is WWE, than you have no idea what the profession is really about.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      had to happen sometime dude. ill say again, teams go up big in games all the time and then in the second half go into a shell letting the other team come back. there is that and then there is the fact that even in the first half the patriots already had almost 50 snaps on offense while the falcons barely had 20.

                      that would make sense as to why the falcons defense gassed out and couldn't get to brady like they could in the first half, which was the prime reason they were winning to begin with. offensively for the falcons, they simply went into a shell in the second half like so many teams have before with a comfortable lead like that.

                      you can say kyle shanahan choked because of his game plan and questionable play calls in the second half but that doesn't mean he tanked the game. could it be that he is a very young coach still going through growing pains?

                      this is just so tin foil hat to me that i can't believe i'm even debating this but i'm bored so what the hell?
                      Sure everyone goes through growing pains, no doubt. But you don't forget to run the play clock down to 1 when you have the ball with a lead with under 5 mins to go. Don't know if that was Ryan doing it on his own, in which case he should have known better, or if that was Kyle telling him not to run the clock down, in which Matt STILL should have known better and not have listened.

                      Don't know who the broken link was in the chain that was that drive for sure, but I am pretty sure it was Shanahan, and I am pretty sure he had his own agenda.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bates View Post
                        Is that suppose to be an insult? You realize most pro wrestlers are 10x more talented and athletic than 95% of the NFL players? You think any NFL player is doing what Sabu did his ENTIRE career and still waking up every morning in 1 piece? You think any lineman sized NFL player is doing a moonsault from the top rope like I have seen plenty of plus size wrestlers do? If your only knowledge of pro wrestling is WWE, than you have no idea what the profession is really about.
                        i like that i struck a cord and the funny thing is i agree with you, those dudes are athletes for sure. but make no mistake, they are athletes in the entertainment business, it is not real competition.

                        so my point was clear. either deal with it or go watch WWE's fake pretend competition with yes real athletes getting paid big to do it.

                        better?

                        oh and by the way, no i don't know anything about other pro wrestling leagues or whatever they are called but i am willing to bet it's not real competition either and if it was it would be called MMA

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          i like that i struck a cord and the funny thing is i agree with you, those dudes are athletes for sure. but make no mistake, they are athletes in the entertainment business, it is not real competition.

                          so my point was clear. either deal with it or go watch WWE's fake pretend competition with yes real athletes getting paid big to do it.

                          better?

                          oh and by the way, no i don't know anything about other pro wrestling leagues or whatever they are called but i am willing to bet it's not real competition either and if it was it would be called MMA
                          It is 100% real competition. MMA matches are hugfests half the time. While these people are highly trained a lot of high profile matches tend to be duds or end in under a minute. I watch it, but I normally don't enjoy it.

                          If you don't think pro wrestling is a competition, then you have a lot to learn. Do me a favor and just youtube Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro NXT 2 out of 3 falls match. NXT is the developmental division of WWE. These are wrestlers being prepped and groomed for the main roster. Most are already highly qualified, but still need to learn the WWE way. The difference between MMA and pro wresting: In MMA, a high profile fight like Nunez vs. Rousey is not guaranteed to be good or long, in wrestling a match between guys like Cesaro, Zayn, Nakamura, Styles,Kalisto, Auska (who is without a doubt the most talented female wrestler ever to live), Towaza, Itami, you can bet your life they are going to deliver a spectacle.

                          So I get pro wrestling isn't for everyone, but to say it isn't a competition, is just silly. These guys risk their lives for their craft. I get most people only know WWE and at face value at that, but trust me when I say the world of Pro wrestling is massive.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            give it to me, I'll fill it full of hot lead just like i did an autographed wes welker picture.
                            LOL!!!! I was thinking the same thing
                            sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              give it to me, I'll fill it full of hot lead just like i did an autographed wes welker picture.
                              SMH...you got way too much joy out of that...It still makes me sad, because I'd have proudly hung that on my wall like I did the Talib photo I got for winning. Instead it got trashed (not that I fault you, you won it fair and square and did with it what made you happiest)

                              If I had ended up with Brady's jersey, it would have been shredded and put at the bottom of my parent's dog cages for them to crap and urinate on...
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bates View Post
                                Me being a wrestling fan doesn't mean anything. I enjoy many forms of pro wrestling including Chikara, Dragon Gate, and especially New Japan, WWE happens to be more readily available, and their product in some areas has been amazing lately, mainly their NXT brand. Yes it is sports entertainment, yes it is scripted, but man oh man the bumps are real.

                                As for your team blowing leads and games this year, that joke writes itself, but I did my best to defend the Bolts quite a bit this year. I hate seeing a talented QB suffer on a sinking team.

                                "the fact is, this kind of thing happens every year, just not in the SB."

                                Exactly. 25 point swings are rare by themselves. A 25 point swing in the Super Bowl is unheard of. It literally requires a total collapse of the players and coaches. For non SB caliber teams like the Browns, the Jags, the Bears, and to a lesser extend the Bolts (that is not a dig either, I have no problems with the Bolts), no one would blink an eye when it happened to them. But for a team in the SB that should have its crap together, it can't help but make you question some things. You don't put up 28 points in 35 minutes and hold your opponents to 3, and then allow 25 unanswered followed by the eventual loss and make it look like you aren't even trying anymore.
                                And once again I would ask, why would all of the Falcons players and coaches willingly lay down and lose? Was Julio Jones not involved in the conspiracy? Cause making that insane catch that was nearly impossible on a play where he could just let it go, or not get his feet down, makes it seem that way.

                                And of course if it did happen, they'd need to be paid off, generously, for the rest of their lives, because if they're not, the house of cards comes tumbling down.

                                Of course the easier explanation is, the Falcons just lost and the Patriots just won. But that couldn't possibly be it...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X