• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    don't you know
    new coach
    new oline
    rookies
    not fully healed from devastating injuries, referees, ect:
    lol is that why i made a thread saying there will be none?

the chargers would have to have the same injury woes, same 30 million to 1 bad luck, same terrible OL that was only better than maybe seattle's OL and thats arguable.

you have made excuses and blamed losses directly on injuries before, except you were crying about losing 3 RB's, that's it. the chargers have lost their top 3 backs for the season multiple times in the last 3 years alone, last year they lost their top 4 backs and top 3 out of 5 WR's including their top 2 offensive playmakers week 1 and 2 of the season.

yet nothing but crickets.........something doesn't add up there.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Until crunchtime of course......
    yes because having the worst pass blocking in the NFL and mainly scrubs to throw the ball to has no bearing on a play where rivers is 100% going to throw the football.

rivers over his career has been good in the 4th, just not recently due to obvious reasons you are all obvious to.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So assuming Charles gets hurt and we still beat the Chargers in week one what would your excuse be then?
    don't you know
    new coach
    new oline
    rookies
    not fully healed from devastating injuries, referees, ect:

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Dude I read the stupid article and believe me it is stupid. It doesn't matter if you're talking about winning games or choking games away it's a computer simulation for crying out loud.
    This is worse than the pansy fans crying about Vaseline or salary cap infractions.
    please elaborate, why is it stupid? because it says things you don't like? are you not capable of realizing how many things had to happen at the end of those games in order for those chokes to become chokes?

yes it does matter because it wasn't entire game simulations, it was a simulation showing the odds of them losing at certain points in the 4th quarter, you can bet on these things in vegas.

did you notice the part about the chargers losing two games where their odds of winning at one point in both games was 99.9%? i really don't think you are capable of comprehending what this all means.

It's like you will use anything to support a dogmatic argument. Nobody cares about a computer simulation, the Chargers need to go out there in win at least 10 games to be a contender. Until they do that, I don't want to hear anything about injuries or computer simulations on what if's because every team suffers from injuries.
    no, i just don't discredit things i don't understand like you are clearly doing. you are acting like this was just a simulation of full games played, like simulating a full season and setting the odds of win totals, which is exactly what vegas does.

nope, that's not what that is. say the chargers are up 3 scores with 5 minutes to go in the 4th, they do a simulation millions of times to see how many times the chargers would finish out and win that game. that's what they did but they did it at points where the odds of the chargers winning those games were at their highest.

you are clueless, plain and simple.

Goodness gracious I would expect this from a pansy fan not from you.
    your ignorance doesn't surprise me unfortunately lol

And yes the big dogs in Vegas make a lot of money but they make a lot of money preying on those with OCD. Obsessive compulsive disorder. No I'm not hating on these people not by any means but gambling is a serious addiction leading to being unable to resist impulses to gamble. This can lead to severe money problems, job loss, crime or fraud, and damage to family relationships. This is The only argument that serves relevance to your computer simulation, because they're true goal is to make money and they do it by preying on those with the disorder so that's all you're all argument serves a purpose for. Cheating and taking advantage of the sick.
    you are talking to someone that works in the gambling industry, i don't gamble money for a reason (unless it's fantasy football and that's mainly for fun and only once per year)

the point is those simulations are very credible, it makes them money because it works, that was the point. but again, that's not what i'm talking about anyways. i'm talking about simulations at certain points of those 4 games where the chargers chances of winning was at it's highest.

it's not like the chargers had a 30 million to 1 chance to simply win 1 out of 4 games. that's what you seem to think this is and that's just flat out dumb and not what was being stated in the article.

As far as Tim Tebow and Jay Cutler go it doesn't make you a football genius for filling skepticism when they were both drafted. I think a lot of people were hyped up for Jay Cutler but there is a reason why Vince Young and Matt Leinart went before Jay Cutler.
    jay cutler had all the physical tools, that's why people were hyped. i never said cutler was a bad player or wouldn't make it in the NFL, i just said he was a career loser and a head case, spot on accuracy.

tebow was the opposite, if tebow had cutlers skill and mechanics coming out of college, he would have been peyton manning 2.0

As for Tim Tebow any true football fan knew that he didn't have the proper football mechanics to be a quarterback. It was only the asinine people that didn't know nothing about a quarterback's throwing motion and mechanics that said give him a chance but I think we all knew he wasn't going to pan out in the NFL as a quarterback so what do you want for that one a medal?
    you act like i wasn't here when most of you were gushing over tebow and arguing with me about my points that he didn't have what it takes to be a starting NFL QB. that includes beagle and arapaho who support anything that wears a broncos uni devoid of any real thought or reason.

there were a few i remember that didn't drink the kool aid, most of which follow college and saw what i did, i remember corywinget was one of them for example. yes i can remember specific people because that's how few of you there were, at least in smack.

point is, when people make up an number like im' wrong 99% of the time, that's clearly them lying to themselves and not even trying to hide the fact they are exaggerating.

that's cool though, when i end up right about the chargers this season i will just claim you are all wrong 99% of the time and call it good
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-03-2017, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    do what two seasons in a row? have the worst OL and have the most guys on IR over that span? that is impressive, isnt it? rivers with time and the weapons he has will lite it up.
    Until crunchtime of course......

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    do what two seasons in a row? have the worst OL and have the most guys on IR over that span? that is impressive, isnt it? rivers with time and the weapons he has will lite it up.
    the post previous to this...you claim McCoy was the cause of your losses

and the head coach that got fired for it is now your OC giving pointers to your new rookie HC

next post down your blaming the oline...a GM whom you claimed is better than Elway and has done more, put that OLINE together if I'm not mistaken

then of course your incessant whiny over played sob story about injuries

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    well you guys are about as clueless about the chargers as anyone possibly could be, all you know is win loss records from last year and base your opinion solely on that.

of course you are not scared.....ignorance truly is bliss, isn't it? oh and you want to talk about players made of glass? welcome to denver charles!
    So assuming Charles gets hurt and we still beat the Chargers in week one what would your excuse be then?

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    First we have 3 quarterbacks and they are young.
    Secondly
    Vegas has us as eighth in the league at 18-1 odds of winning the superbowl http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

or here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2017-nfl-draft
    Oh and heree http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...super-bowl-lii
    Lie much?

This Thread is about the Broncos and Chargers move along
    For somebody who knows so much, If he had even the slightest clue he would take a little bit of cash to Vegas and make a bet on the Broncos at that 18 to 1 odds.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Excuses...that's all you have is excuses. If they were a spendable currency, you'd be bill fricken gates man...

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    It's really going to be hilarious hearing your excuses this season, it really is....It'll be interesting to see the mental gymnastics you use to wiggle out of a week one loss by the "buzz saw" Chargers.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    and we were supposed to be scared...right?
    well you guys are about as clueless about the chargers as anyone possibly could be, all you know is win loss records from last year and base your opinion solely on that.

of course you are not scared.....ignorance truly is bliss, isn't it? oh and you want to talk about players made of glass? welcome to denver charles!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Yet some how Rivers has managed to do it....2 seasons in a row. That takes some Major Fail

Everyone please give him a slow clap:clap:

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think his intention was to point out how astronomically impossible it was for it to have happened in the first place. Kind of a "I know this happened, but it's so unlikely that it'll never happen again"

But all it does is make me laugh. It demonstrates just how bad the Chargers are that against all logical odds, they still choke away games that are a solid W in the W/L column.
    and the head coach that got fired for it is now your OC giving pointers to your new rookie HC

the main problem was they would come out of halftime doing the same exact stuff, making few adjustments while the other team would. i think that's a big reason why the DC was let go as well.

saying a team is so bad that they choke 2 and 3 score leads away is about as ignorant as you can get.....bad teams are not capable of choking, they are not capable of being in the position to choke.

twords the end of the season the chargers were a bad team but like i told you before, go look at that depleted roster and compare it to what they will have week 1 when you face the buzz saw.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Why are Patriots fans bumping their gums in a thread about a game between the Chargers and Broncos? You could at least start a thread to talk about a game where our two teams actually play against each other.

But since your too lazy to do analysis on your own three peat.

In this offseason we've added Ron Leary and Menilik Watson on the line, drafted Bolles who should also bolster our line.

We added Demarcus Walker who is an absolute beast and should play a role similar in our defens to what Malik played before he left.

We added Carlos Henderson who is going to be great weapon both on offense and potentially special teams. He should be an excellent slot receiver for us.

We added Jake Butt who is one of the top TE's in this draft and likely would have gone in the first had it not been for an ACL injury. He is projected to return by week 2.

We added McKenzie who very well could end up being our Tyreek Hill (though time will tell on that one)

And we added a pair of QB's (Jamaal Charles, who hopefully still has a bit of gas left in the tank and De'Angelo Henderson who looks to be a good back)

So yes...We did improve. I know you ding bats love to take narrow minded views and since the QB is the same supposedly that means the team didn't improve at all. The QB play wasn't the problem last year (I know, that's a tough concept for you to grasp) we fell flat across the board offensively and it was issues ranging from poor coaching (an issue that has been addressed) poor o-line (an issue that has been at least partially addressed, though probably not completely) poor running game (again, we took steps to address this)

So yes, I'm confident my team has improved. Unlike you I'm capable of actually analyzing things related to football beyond just drooling over how great Tom Brady is.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 05-03-2017, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Three peat View Post
    I liked to know how a team with no quarterback has improved this season, Vegas has the doncos winning around 8 to 9 games themselves only slightly better then the chargers nothing to brag about.

That total is all u need to know on what people not wearing orange glasses really think about your team.
    First we have 3 quarterbacks and they are young.
    Secondly
    Vegas has us as eighth in the league at 18-1 odds of winning the superbowl http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

or here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2017-nfl-draft
    Oh and heree http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...super-bowl-lii
    Lie much?

This Thread is about the Broncos and Chargers move along
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-03-2017, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X