X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Three peat View Post
    I liked to know how a team with no quarterback has improved this season, Vegas has the doncos winning around 8 to 9 games themselves only slightly better then the chargers nothing to brag about.

That total is all u need to know on what people not wearing orange glasses really think about your team.
    And where is your place in this argument, mr AFC east?

Talk about no life!

Leave a comment:

• Three peat
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's the preseason... If they handed out awards in the preseason you would be the paper superbowl champs many times over. I don't need to be "knowledgeable" about your team to know that they suck lol.

I mean, I know, I know... It was the injuries two years in a row that made them incapable of winning 6 games in a season. There is always an excuse with you Baph, and then when there isn't room for an excuse you claim we are misquoting you or lying or whatever the heck suits your needs to wiggle out of statements made.

Bottom line, your team sucks man. They are the dumpster fire of the AFC west and they'll be lucky if they hit 8 wins this year. Meanwhile, we've improved significantly over last season, but of course "the chargers are more well rounded"
    I liked to know how a team with no quarterback has improved this season, Vegas has the doncos winning around 8 to 9 games themselves only slightly better then the chargers nothing to brag about.

That total is all u need to know on what people not wearing orange glasses really think about your team.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

rivers also has never been great when in obvious passing situations at the end of games when his team is behind
    LOL- Kind of a critical point in a game isnt it?

In the 4th qtr he's a rec league chucker.....Throw it up and hope. Williams should help prolong the slow, painful Rivers era. I'm just glad Watsons not a Charger

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    I think his intention was to point out how astronomically impossible it was for it to have happened in the first place. Kind of a "I know this happened, but it's so unlikely that it'll never happen again"

But all it does is make me laugh. It demonstrates just how bad the Chargers are that against all logical odds, they still choke away games that are a solid W in the W/L column.

ya...I mean dammit you run the numbers and theres no way it happens twice, yet it did ... the odds of it happening in two seasons in a row must be like a hundred gazillion to 1 :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    were supposed to be scared...right?
    I think his intention was to point out how astronomically impossible it was for it to have happened in the first place. Kind of a "I know this happened, but it's so unlikely that it'll never happen again"

But all it does is make me laugh. It demonstrates just how bad the Chargers are that against all logical odds, they still choke away games that are a solid W in the W/L column.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Yet some how Rivers has managed to do it....2 seasons in a row. That takes some Major Fail

Everyone please give him a slow clap:clap:

and we were supposed to be scared...right?
    Last edited by arapaho; 05-02-2017, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    "If you ran a computer simulation of these games from these points 30 million times, the Chargers would lose all four just once," That's right, it was a one-in-30 million shot.
    Yet some how Rivers has managed to do it....2 seasons in a row. That takes some Major Fail

Everyone please give him a slow clap:clap:

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    You won't get him to do it, and if you do it'll be massively biased and somehow he'll start telling us how ingram is better than Von Miller.
    Yeah we don't want him to bump that ridiculous thread.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I asked him to do a player by player comparison and add stats to help in his argument since they are so much more well rounded.

However he totally sidestepped the request and went on with this computer simulation junk!
    You won't get him to do it, and if you do it'll be massively biased and somehow he'll start telling us how ingram is better than Von Miller.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I asked him to do a player by player comparison and add stats to help in his argument since they are so much more well rounded.

However he totally sidestepped the request and went on with this computer simulation junk!

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-you-think

i'm not the only one saying these things, just the first to do so.

everything i'm saying has validity whether you agree or not, your only defense to that is to misquote me and exaggerate or twist what i'm saying to make it seem off base. the thing is, none of you are anywhere near as knowledgeable about my team as i am, you can't compete there.

heck for that matter, a good portion of you are less knowledgeable about your own team than i am.
    It's the preseason... If they handed out awards in the preseason you would be the paper superbowl champs many times over. I don't need to be "knowledgeable" about your team to know that they suck lol.

I mean, I know, I know... It was the injuries two years in a row that made them incapable of winning 6 games in a season. There is always an excuse with you Baph, and then when there isn't room for an excuse you claim we are misquoting you or lying or whatever the heck suits your needs to wiggle out of statements made.

Bottom line, your team sucks man. They are the dumpster fire of the AFC west and they'll be lucky if they hit 8 wins this year. Meanwhile, we've improved significantly over last season, but of course "the chargers are more well rounded"

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    you're questioning his post when you're talking about a computer simulation?

C-mon man, everybody starts out with the same record every year the computer simulation means nothing because they have a legitimate chance to play and beat anybody they go up against.

The last time I checked, they were in the NFL too. Nobody wants to hear about a computer simulation, I'm surprise you're even posting that type of garbage.
    your talking about a guy who used a fantasy metric stat article ...that judged pass rushers on almost sacks...commonly known as hurries ...to prove a guy who only came in on pass rush downs that season, was one of the best pass rushers in the league, due to his pressures per snap %...in said fantasy article

so bleacher report using a theoretical computer simulation is an improvement

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    there are gambling establishments that base their betting odds solely on those computer simulations and they make lots of money doing it. but that's not the point and i don't think you truly read and comprehended my post.

it's not talking about the odds of winning one game or the odds of winning a division or anything like that. it's talking about the odds of choking multiple games away in the same manner the chargers did, that isn't ever happening again or anything like.

was i wrong about tebow? cutler? when you all argued with me to the contrary? yet 99% of the time i'm wrong?
    Dude I read the stupid article and believe me it is stupid. It doesn't matter if you're talking about winning games or choking games away it's a computer simulation for crying out loud.
    This is worse than the pansy fans crying about Vaseline or salary cap infractions.

It's like you will use anything to support a dogmatic argument. Nobody cares about a computer simulation, the Chargers need to go out there in win at least 10 games to be a contender. Until they do that, I don't want to hear anything about injuries or computer simulations on what if's because every team suffers from injuries.

Goodness gracious I would expect this from a pansy fan not from you.

And yes the big dogs in Vegas make a lot of money but they make a lot of money preying on those with OCD. Obsessive compulsive disorder. No I'm not hating on these people not by any means but gambling is a serious addiction leading to being unable to resist impulses to gamble. This can lead to severe money problems, job loss, crime or fraud, and damage to family relationships. This is The only argument that serves relevance to your computer simulation, because they're true goal is to make money and they do it by preying on those with the disorder so that's all you're all argument serves a purpose for. Cheating and taking advantage of the sick.

As far as Tim Tebow and Jay Cutler go it doesn't make you a football genius for filling skepticism when they were both drafted. I think a lot of people were hyped up for Jay Cutler but there is a reason why Vince Young and Matt Leinart went before Jay Cutler.

As for Tim Tebow any true football fan knew that he didn't have the proper football mechanics to be a quarterback. It was only the asinine people that didn't know nothing about a quarterback's throwing motion and mechanics that said give him a chance but I think we all knew he wasn't going to pan out in the NFL as a quarterback so what do you want for that one a medal?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-02-2017, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Pointless to you, but it'll get a good laugh at your expense out of everyone else in this thread. Who cares if I am just trolling? That's about all you are good for most days.

"We're really the best team...but you know...injuries" Half the time I'm not sure you even realize the extent of your trolling. It's like you think your points make sense or something

But you know "the chargers are more well rounded" and all that lol...
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-you-think

i'm not the only one saying these things, just the first to do so.

everything i'm saying has validity whether you agree or not, your only defense to that is to misquote me and exaggerate or twist what i'm saying to make it seem off base. the thing is, none of you are anywhere near as knowledgeable about my team as i am, you can't compete there.

heck for that matter, a good portion of you are less knowledgeable about your own team than i am.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X