Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game one.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Well your argument is that we will lose to the Chargers at home because our qb's are not good not cause our team is no good. Chargers were 5-11 last year so I guess they are good? Your statement makes no sense.
    no, you will lose because your team is inferior going forward. the chargers are closer to being on the raiders level than the broncos or chiefs. the only wild card is the OL and if they can stay relatively healthy.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      the chargers will have a top 5 offense in the NFL.
      Let's pump the brakes a wee bit. I have no doubt the LAC offense will be good this year, but top 5 is probably a stretch. Off the top of my head - New England, Atlanta, Green Bay, Pittsburg, Oakland, New Orleans, Dallas and probably a few other teams I'm forgetting should be pretty stout offensively.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        no, you will lose because your team is inferior going forward. the chargers are closer to being on the raiders level than the broncos or chiefs. the only wild card is the OL and if they can stay relatively healthy.
        That's what you guys said last year. The Broncos were 9-7 and the Chargers were 5-11. Way off there! Once again don't mention injuries cause every team deals with them and its a lame excuse (You sound like Patsie fans) Good teams over come them. You still had rivers right? "your HOF" Everything you say we all just take with a grain of salt. you're about 10 percent right on your predictions.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
          Let's pump the brakes a wee bit. I have no doubt the LAC offense will be good this year, but top 5 is probably a stretch. Off the top of my head - New England, Atlanta, Green Bay, Pittsburg, Oakland, New Orleans, Dallas and probably a few other teams I'm forgetting should be pretty stout offensively.
          care to explain to me why you say that? if you look at last year, in the first 4 or 5 games before the injuries started to take their toll, the chargers had the second best passing attack in the NFL.

          that's with losing your two best play makers week 1 and 2 (keenan allen and danny woodhead) as well as having arguably the worst OL in football. the chargers were jumping all over teams and choking those leads away in the 4th quarter.

          now they have gotten healthy, bolstered their OL in a big way, and added a top 10 WR talent to the mix.

          NE has brady so fair enough but if you look at the offensive weaponry the charges have, they stack up against anyone in the league.

          melvin gordon at RB proved last year he can do it all.

          keenan allen (if healthy) is a nasty route runner and a legit #1
          mike williams on the other side is a better talented version of vincent jackson at worst
          tyrell williams in the slot had a breakout season last year with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's, he fits the slot much better and is best when making plays in space.

          hunter henry lead all TE's in TD's as a rookie and is a real threat in the RZ, he is a threat all over the field.
          gates in a limited role still needs to be accounted for.

          the chargers are stacked on offense and in my mind it's just the OL that will decide how good that offense can be. you will start to see people saying the same thing i am soon enough, mark my words.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
            That's what you guys said last year. The Broncos were 9-7 and the Chargers were 5-11. Way off there! Once again don't mention injuries cause every team deals with them and its a lame excuse (You sound like Patsie fans) Good teams over come them. You still had rivers right? "your HOF" Everything you say we all just take with a grain of salt. you're about 10 percent right on your predictions.
            lol 10%? i was much more than 10% accurate just last season alone

            i told you all that your team would be lucky to make the playoffs, i told you all that the defense would take a step back and the offense would suffer without a real QB.

            i told you all last season would be elway's truest test as a GM and since then he has really come back to earth and people are not talking so much about him being the best GM in football anymore, that's for sure.

            and no, all teams do not have injuries like the chargers have had. i challenge anyone to find me a team that has sent as many players to IR as the chargers in the last two years.

            in fact, find me a team that has sent more to IR in a two year period at any point, go back as far as you like. most of them were key players on both sides of the ball as well.

            tell me how rivers is supposed to be successful with arguably the worst OL, his first 5 RB's on IR, and 3 of your top 5 WR's out. you come on back here after you lose week one and tell me how i am wrong 10% of the time

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              care to explain to me why you say that? if you look at last year, in the first 4 or 5 games before the injuries started to take their toll, the chargers had the second best passing attack in the NFL.

              that's with losing your two best play makers week 1 and 2 (keenan allen and danny woodhead) as well as having arguably the worst OL in football. the chargers were jumping all over teams and choking those leads away in the 4th quarter.

              now they have gotten healthy, bolstered their OL in a big way, and added a top 10 WR talent to the mix.

              NE has brady so fair enough but if you look at the offensive weaponry the charges have, they stack up against anyone in the league.

              melvin gordon at RB proved last year he can do it all.

              keenan allen (if healthy) is a nasty route runner and a legit #1
              mike williams on the other side is a better talented version of vincent jackson at worst
              tyrell williams in the slot had a breakout season last year with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's, he fits the slot much better and is best when making plays in space.

              hunter henry lead all TE's in TD's as a rookie and is a real threat in the RZ, he is a threat all over the field.
              gates in a limited role still needs to be accounted for.

              the chargers are stacked on offense and in my mind it's just the OL that will decide how good that offense can be. you will start to see people saying the same thing i am soon enough, mark my words.
              Stop with the melodrama. I'm not saying LAC isn't going to have a good offense. I'm saying there are a lot of other really good offenses out there.

              I like LAC's OL draft picks, but rookie O-Linemen don't typically have nearly the impact rookies have at other positions - it's a brutally difficult position to play in the NFL. that is why I doubt they'll be top 5.

              You have reason to be excited, but I think your expectations for their offense is unreasonable.

              Ultimately, I hope they have a great season and beat up the AFC's West and East (less the Pats).

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                lol 10%? i was much more than 10% accurate just last season alone

                i told you all that your team would be lucky to make the playoffs, i told you all that the defense would take a step back and the offense would suffer without a real QB.

                i told you all last season would be elway's truest test as a GM and since then he has really come back to earth and people are not talking so much about him being the best GM in football anymore, that's for sure.

                and no, all teams do not have injuries like the chargers have had. i challenge anyone to find me a team that has sent as many players to IR as the chargers in the last two years.

                in fact, find me a team that has sent more to IR in a two year period at any point, go back as far as you like. most of them were key players on both sides of the ball as well.

                tell me how rivers is supposed to be successful with arguably the worst OL, his first 5 RB's on IR, and 3 of your top 5 WR's out. you come on back here after you lose week one and tell me how i am wrong 10% of the time
                CP bet on game one? ill be back either way.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                  CP bet on game one? ill be back either way.
                  sure, i do that every game our teams play anyways. either i or someone else can make a thread for it when it gets close to the start of the season.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    sure, i do that every game our teams play anyways. either i or someone else can make a thread for it when it gets close to the start of the season.
                    works for me.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      care to explain to me why you say that? if you look at last year, in the first 4 or 5 games before the injuries started to take their toll, the chargers had the second best passing attack in the NFL.




                      the chargers are stacked on offense and in my mind it's just the OL that will decide how good that offense can be. you will start to see people saying the same thing i am soon enough, mark my words.

                      and still went 1-4
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        and still went 1-4
                        yeah they choked those games, that is the sole reason mike mccoy is now your OC

                        oh and you don't choke multiple games away like they did by not having a good offense.
                        Last edited by baphamet; 05-01-2017, 11:27 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          yeah they choked those games, that is the sole reason mike mccoy is now your OC

                          oh and you don't choke multiple games away like they did by not having a good offense.

                          so the guy your bragged about now is the new EXCUSE

                          and no...you don't choke away multiple games if your a well rounded team with depth...you know commonly called

                          A GOOD TEAM
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            so the guy your bragged about now is the new EXCUSE

                            and no...you don't choke away multiple games if your a well rounded team with depth...you know commonly called

                            A GOOD TEAM
                            are you referring to mike mccoy? i never once bragged about him. any team is susceptible to choking leads away regardless of how deep or well rounded they are. however, a team cannot be in a position to choke multiple score leads away if they don't have a good offense.......that was the point.

                            oh and the chargers are still more well rounded than the broncos are.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              are you referring to mike mccoy? i never once bragged about him. any team is susceptible to choking leads away regardless of how deep or well rounded they are. however, a team cannot be in a position to choke multiple score leads away if they don't have a good offense.......that was the point.

                              oh and the chargers are still more well rounded than the broncos are.
                              How so? Line them up player for player at every position with stats if possible.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                are you referring to mike mccoy? i never once bragged about him. any team is susceptible to choking leads away regardless of how deep or well rounded they are. however, a team cannot be in a position to choke multiple score leads away if they don't have a good offense.......that was the point.

                                oh and the chargers are still more well rounded than the broncos are.
                                They have always had a good offense......They just have no closer.

                                The injury excuse is your fall back for a decade and I get that..... but the reality is no matter how many stars or quality players you have, Rivers has some serious end of game woes.

                                56 minute champ 4 minute chump

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X