Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers starting season early

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    The only Game Barph gets to see is the one in Kansas City...
    I heard the silo inn has red zone. If he works over time he could prolly rent a bar stool

    Comment


    • #32
      Hmmmm....do I smell a sig bet coming on?

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        DAMN! There goes my sleeper fourth rounder.

        The Chargers offense would be scary if they kept all their pieces instead of going to pieces. They still have enough to light it up. I still see them no less than 8-8.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          DAMN! There goes my sleeper fourth rounder.

          The Chargers offense would be scary if they kept all their pieces instead of going to pieces. They still have enough to light it up. I still see them no less than 8-8.
          Thats all dependent on the OLINE and with Denvers defense I aint scared.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

          Comment


          • #35
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ffers-torn-acl

            Chargers rookie OL Forrest Lamp suffers torn ACL

            Disaster has struck the Los Angeles Chargers.

            The team announced that rookie guard Forrest Lamp has been diagnosed with a torn ACL in his right knee. The second-rounder was carted off the field during Wednesday's practice and will miss the entire season.

            It's a brutal blow for the Bolts, who have no idea when first-round wideout Mike Williams will return from a back injury that has nagged him all offseason. Considering how deep Los Angeles is at receiver, Lamp's loss is arguably the bigger setback here in August.


            The Chargers have struggled for years to solidify their line in front of quarterback Philip Rivers. Lamp was already looking the part in camp.

            "Everybody makes a big deal about (Rivers') interception total last year," said NFL Network draft guru Daniel Jeremiah. "I think a lot of that, you can point toward their inability to run the ball -- a little bit of that's on the offensive line -- and protect him.

            "Forrest Lamp, to me, I thought was the best interior lineman in the draft," Jeremiah said. "If you're looking for a silver lining, I guess the second-best interior lineman in the draft, Dan Feeney -- also drafted by the Chargers."

            Feeney, the team's third-round selection, has worked at center during camp, but could be asked to move to guard to help Los Angeles mask this loss. Kenny Wiggins and Chris Hairston also loom as possibiities, while Matt Slauson could flip over to the right side.

            Make no mistake: The Chargers, almost religiously, have been one of the league's most injury-battered clubs in recent seasons. Nothing has changed in 2017.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              The only thing that sucks about all this is you just know we'll get to hear baph say "But, but, but...injuries"
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                The only thing that sucks about all this is you just know we'll get to hear baph say "But, but, but...injuries"
                Sounds like the injury bug moved to LA. I'm glad too. I noticed I've stopped tripping over things, shutting fingers in doors, stepping on things in the middle of the night, as soon as the Chargers left town. It was sad to see them leave for the fans that would miss them but my shins are thankful: the injury curse has left SD.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  The only thing that sucks about all this is you just know we'll get to hear baph say "But, but, but...injuries"
                  Yeah, well........ Still love that great Chargers team will dwell in the cellar no matter who's on the field. Growing up watching in the 80's as a Bronco fan, I never had any issues with the Chargers but in the 2000's I've really grown to dislike them the most out of the West only because Phillis was a trash mouth hypocrite. "Oh, he's such a good person"...... Blah...... On the field, he's a classless person. Talking trash is one thing but he throws a fit all the time. Such a crybaby. I love seeing them sit in the cellar no matter what the excuse is....
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    So it begins http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eason-workouts


                    How about you dont draft injury prone players?
                    A charger draftee could grow a wart or get a pimple and a donkey fan makes a thread over it. Why do you care?
                    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      Sounds like the injury bug moved to LA. I'm glad too. I noticed I've stopped tripping over things, shutting fingers in doors, stepping on things in the middle of the night, as soon as the Chargers left town. It was sad to see them leave for the fans that would miss them but my shins are thankful: the injury curse has left SD.
                      Maybe the Chargers will win a super bowl or two now that they left the san diego sports cursed city behind them

                      Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                        DAMN! There goes my sleeper fourth rounder.

                        The Chargers offense would be scary if they kept all their pieces instead of going to pieces. They still have enough to light it up. I still see them no less than 8-8.
                        With Rivers anything is possibe
                        Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                          Yeah, well........ Still love that great Chargers team will dwell in the cellar no matter who's on the field. Growing up watching in the 80's as a Bronco fan, I never had any issues with the Chargers but in the 2000's I've really grown to dislike them the most out of the West only because Phillis was a trash mouth hypocrite. "Oh, he's such a good person"...... Blah...... On the field, he's a classless person. Talking trash is one thing but he throws a fit all the time. Such a crybaby. I love seeing them sit in the cellar no matter what the excuse is....
                          No that is not why. Bronco fans grew to dislike phyllis when he utterly DOMINATED the donkos for years and years under various HC's and QB's. Bronco fans still haven't gotten over that era....that is the issue with donks first hating phyllis not because he ran his mouth
                          Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                            With Rivers anything is possibe
                            including 4-12 and 5-11 in b2b seasons
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The Chargers and the 2 minute drill......scariest time to be a Rivers fan.

                              I can't wait to see what Rivers will entertain us with this year!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                                A charger draftee could grow a wart or get a pimple and a donkey fan makes a thread over it. Why do you care?
                                Must be the preseason.... whats up fairweather? This is all a bit more than a wart and the truth is I don't care. I like twisting the knife a bit to watch you and Barph cry. Thanks again :thumb:
                                Originally posted by baphamet
                                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X