It’s Been Along Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    the broncos had the 4th most cap space in the entire league when elway took over. we have been over this before, his first two seasons as the GM he went on a FA spending frenzy signing all kinds of big money FA's, don't play stupid.

this has nothing to do with my team and everything to do with the pedestal you all put elway on. i told you all this would be his truest test as a GM the moment manning retired and i know you remember me saying that because this entire message board lost their minds when i said that.

i was not wrong.
    They were desperate to win a super bowl as they were in the now mode. That’s why Elway went out and signed Manning, Ward, Sanders, Talib, Welker, etc. He knew if he went the way of the draft Denver would still be looking for its first super bowl in 20 years.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      my point is the way he "built" his team is not how you build for the future. sure, if you are willing to take that SB win for what's going on now, i get it. my point all along is he was over-rated based on the way he built that team and he had broncos fans thinking they would have the division locked up for a long time and that hes the greatest GM in the league lol.

yes elway has been instrumental in your success over a 4 year span, if that makes his career as a GM then okay but going forward, what does he do now? no more manning to make him look good, no more big money FA's and no more wade philips to come in and turn his good defense into an elite squad.

oh and yes, i will admit i would thrash elway here in smack regardless, it's what i do........screw elway!
      Fantastic. So, Elway is the big bad evil in a Baph-centric universe.

Someone just needs to photoshop Elway’s head on Zurg, and that should be your avatar.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Don't worry. These Donco fans told me the Denver defense could carry anyone to a victory. Elway can't be the problem, and neither can the lack of a quality quarterback. It must be the defense. I'm sure they'll be just fine tonight. This is the beginning of the Doncos' Superbowl run. GO DONCOS!!!

Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
        Accept it or seek therapy !
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
          Don't worry. These Donco fans told me the Denver defense could carry anyone to a victory. Elway can't be the problem, and neither can the lack of a quality quarterback. It must be the defense. I'm sure they'll be just fine tonight. This is the beginning of the Doncos' Superbowl run. GO DONCOS!!!

Wait are you saying Peyton won Super Bowl 50 despite the D?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X