Pansies vs Pitts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    When it affects and dictates home field advantage In the playoffs is when it ticks ppl off not because it’s the pansies. However is it a coincidence that it happens to be them that a stupid rule like this is benefiting once again.

I guess it is better that it’s happened now rather than the playoffs but it will still affect the playoff picture on a greater level than most realize at this point.
    This is false, the Steelers still had time to win the game. That play didn't dictate HFA. Ben throwing a slant route to Eli Rogers into 3 defenders that knew what was coming dictated that

Comment

Damn I didn't realize Pittsburgh lost the game on that non catch, I didn't know they couldnt play for overtime. Or even better give the ball to your best playmaker left on the field in bell. I guess some of us watched a different game.

Comment

Here's one for ya
        Cotchrey caught the ball, talk about the officials hosing someone. Carolina got shafted by the officials that day.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Patsies or not, this is a TD in the real football world. The refs mess this one up almost every single game, because it no longer makes any sense. "Football move" is ridiculous. Catch the ball, hold onto for a couple of seconds, and who cares what happens after that??

Some will disagree, but it's no different to me than if a player caught a ball, ran 50 yards, fell down on his own and momentarily lost control of the ball. The definition of a catch is simple....possession for a short but reasonable amount of time.....ie. 1 - 2 seconds. After that, the ground has nothing to do with anything. The ground would only matter if you went down low for a catch, and as you caught it, you almost simultaneously hit the ground....losing the ball, then it would be incomplete. But James clearly caught the ball, and only when he hit the ground did it rotate in his hands. He held it long enough. The ground will always be a potential problem. See 50 yard play example above.

Dumb, dumb rule, and worst of all, it worked to the benefit of the cheaters.
          No possession that you are talking about applies to a receiver who is upright makes the catch and makes a football move. If your going to the ground those rules do not apply. You have to maintain possession all the way thru the ground. All this stuff roles back to bert emanuel in 99 playoff game.
          Mike pereria explains this pretty clearly . If James had been upright caught it turned and made the move to cross goalinr it would be a td. But that was not the case.

As for the play costing Pittsburgh the game that is also false. They could have scored again or played for overtime. They chose to not give the ball to their best playmaker on 2nd and goal and then ran a stupid take Spike.

I get the donkey fans frustration with a horrenous season. And I accept that's why all the absurd comments.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningAces View Post
            No possession that you are talking about applies to a receiver who is upright makes the catch and makes a football move. If your going to the ground those rules do not apply. You have to maintain possession all the way thru the ground. All this stuff roles back to bert emanuel in 99 playoff game.
            Mike pereria explains this pretty clearly . If James had been upright caught it turned and made the move to cross goalinr it would be a td. But that was not the case.

As for the play costing Pittsburgh the game that is also false. They could have scored again or played for overtime. They chose to not give the ball to their best playmaker on 2nd and goal and then ran a stupid take Spike.

I get the donkey fans frustration with a horrenous season. And I accept that's why all the absurd comments.
            I honestly don't care that the call was a big reason the Steelers lost - it easily could have been a call against the Patriots giving the Steelers the win. And it's no fault of either team that the refs made the call they did. But the bold is really at the heart of the problem. Extending the ball toward the goal line can reasonably be considered a football move. In order to extend the ball the player would have to maintain and exercise control even if control is lost after or during the extension.

Because of that simple fact alone the refs should have not seen enough in replay to justify changing the call on the field. To say it's absurd simply ignores the problem regardless of which team benefited.

In the end, bad calls happen all the time, this one just happened under more of a microscope due to the impact to the playoff standings.

Comment

I don't really give a crap what the rule is, it's wrong. It needs changed because calls like that are damaging the sport. That 100 percent should have been ruled a catch, but the NFL got dumb and forgot what a catch was.

Further more, his hand was always under the ball. There are definitive shots showing this. It doesn't matter which team it benefited, it was a horrendous call.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                I don't really give a crap what the rule is, it's wrong. It needs changed because calls like that are damaging the sport. That 100 percent should have been ruled a catch, but the NFL got dumb and forgot what a catch was.

Further more, his hand was always under the ball. There are definitive shots showing this. It doesn't matter which team it benefited, it was a horrendous call.
                My question is where were you last week with your outrage on this issue when adam thelin fell victim to the dumb rule. Also there was clear evidence that the ball hit the ground when he extended it. I've heard several people talk about this. To the extent they tweeted before Romo and nantz even considered what was going on.

Comment

My question is where were you last week with your outrage on this issue when adam thelin fell victim to the dumb rule. Also there was clear evidence that the ball hit the ground when he extended it. I've heard several people talk about this. To the extent they tweeted before Romo and nantz even considered what was going on.
                  Do you know what an even bigger coincidence is? The fact that your are suddenly here when two of your counter parts have been banned and suspended.... They are gone and you suddenly appear after such a long absence!

Comment

Working...
                  X