Jadeveon Clowney calls Blake Bortles trash and gets trash cans for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    yes but i thought we were talking about DC's? i am not arguing your point that his success as a DC got him a head coaching job, same thing happened to wade Philips multiple times.

oh and do you think it's a coincidence that the "legion of boom" scheme has had success other places other than just Seattle? what defensive scheme do you think jax is running right now? ill give you a hint, Bradley installed it.
    I am not denying Gus Bradley is a good DC. He has proven to be a much better DC than John Pagano was this year. But the Chargers had some injuries last year and part of their improvement was getting them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
      I am not denying Gus Bradley is a good DC. He has proven to be a much better DC than John Pagano was this year. But the Chargers had some injuries last year and part of their improvement was getting them back.
      can't argue with that. when pagano was let go and it was still a rumor that bradley would be named the DC, lots of chargers fans were not happy with that. if you ask them now i doubt any would trade bradley for pagano and that's not a knock on pagano either.

bradley might be the best DC they have had since ron rivera.

Comment

Can't argue with that. When Pagano was let go and it was still a rumor that Bradley would be named the DC, lots of Chargers fans were not happy with that. If you ask them now I doubt any would trade bradley for pagano and that's not a knock on pagano either.

Bradley might be the best DC they have had since Ron Rivera.
        Did people seriously think John Pagano was a good DC or did they have doubts about Gus Bradley? I remember Washington was the first team to interview Bradley and there were rumors he would reunite with Tom Cable in other parts of California. San Diego was the third team to show interest in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
          Did people seriously think John Pagano was a good DC or did they have doubts about Gus Bradley? I remember Washington was the first team to interview Bradley and there were rumors he would reunite with Tom Cable in other parts of California. San Diego was the third team to show interest in him.
          lol yeah pagano was the guy the players wanted and some felt the defense was getting better. a lot of chargers fans felt the way you said seahawks fans felt, felt he was over-rated and since he had a bad stint as a HC it let a bad taste in peoples mouth.

people feel much different now though.

yeah, the rumor was if cable somehow got the niners job he would have for sure went there but working with lynn was his second choice. that is why it took so long for him to actually sign with the bolts, because the niners HC decision was apparently what he was waiting for.

Comment

LOL Yeah Pagano was the guy the players wanted and some felt the defense was getting better. A lot of Chargers fans felt the way you said Seahawks fans felt. They felt he was overrated and since he had a bad stint as a HC it let a bad taste in peoples mouth.

People feel much different now though.

Yeah, the rumor was if Cable somehow got the Niners job he would have for sure went there but working with Lynn was his second choice. That is why it took so long for him to actually sign with the bolts, because the Niners HC decision was apparently what he was waiting for.
            Gus Bradley was essentially waiting for Tom Cable to make a decision about the 49ers job because he pulled himself out of it.

The bad taste in people's mouths was bad enough to make Jaguars fans call him Badley (for bad coach, of course). I never did that. If anyone uses his HC disaster as an excuse not to hire him as a DC, tell him he does not know a lot about how football coaches operate. Some coaches are just made to be coordinators and Bradley is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Honestly I don't think it was overachieving. The have had a horrible coaching staff for several years now that hasn't done the best job of playing to his strengths. I feel like this year, he's really starting to get comfortable and it is starting to click for him. I think he's a QB that is going to be in the league for a long time to come.
              Yea...so he was basically back to his normal trashy self this week. Some of it wasn't on him (He had an INT that 100 % was the fault of the WR for stopping on his route) but he basically was very inaccurate most of the game and made a lot of his common mistakes.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X