DMac says Kirk Cousins not happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah he really does and it is possible to sign Kirk but like many have already said, it’s only come at the expense of other high priced players like Talib and Sanders.
    Does Joseph get another season?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Sorry no link, it was a radio broadcast but yesterday on the drive radio show DMac and Chad Brown did some speculating on the possibility or non possibility of signing Kirk Cousins to the broncos.

Chad Brown says it would be impossible for the Broncos to employ the highest paid defender and the highest paid QB in the league. (Something I’ve been saying all a long)

We all know or at least hope Von Miller is here to stay and not going anywhere soon but parting with him is basically the only way we sign Von Miller according to DMac.

Both men agreed that it just isn’t happening and this was their solution as the two did a little bit of role play.
      DMac as Elway and Chad as the Browns FO.

DMac/Elway: I am willing to give you the number 5 pick in th 2018 draft a long with my first round selection in next years draft AND Aqib Talib for your number 1 pick this year!

Chad/Browns: Uh NO! We’ll pass on your aging corner but we will take all of your draft selections this year and next year in exchange for OUR number 1pick...

DMac/Elway: Your breaking my balls here.
      Chad/Browns: Its my job to do so!

DMac/Elway: How about I give you my two first round picks in both drafts plus Emmanuel Sanders?

Chad/Browns: Done, We’ll take it.

DMac proceeds on with the suggestion that since Denver won’t be able to acquire Kirk Cousins, nor will Cousins want to play for Denver since it is envitable that they will part with certain receiving talents and the lack of quality offensive linemen. He goes on to say that they will some how make a trade with the Browns for the first overall pick and select Josh Rosen because at that point he will declare. He also suggests that Broncos will then Persue Teddy Bridgwater or Josh McCown to be the bridge guy until Rosen is ready.

Basically broncos country is getting their hopes up for Cousins only to be let down in disappointment.
      Well If Dmac says it, you can basically expect the polar opposite to happen... All aboard the Cousins Train!! CHOO CHOOOO!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
        From what I've read, the Broncos have about $11 mil carry over from this year. Ad another $20 mil in NFL salary cap increase and Denver has at least $30+ mil minimum to work wth. JE ha some tough decisions to make.
        And this will go up with what the cap figure is for 2018.
        sigpic

Comment

Does Joseph get another season?
          I’m pretty harsh maybe too harsh but I’d hope not. Everyone uses the “4 different head coaches is 5 years” excuse but I don’t care about that. I mean if a guy isn’t ready then he isn’t ready. Let’s not waste another yet another year, especially when he says things like “it wouldn’t be fair to Isaiah if we pulled him out”.

Even Bill Belichick made a comment about that saying that he knew Isaiah would be returning punts and they knew mistakes would be made. It’s like who’s team are you on VJ. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
            I don't know about Mayfield..... Too Manziel to me....... I'd be okay with Bridgewater though.
            Too Manziel?

Johnny Football has a pretty bad coke addiction and a problem with alcoholism. He comes from a rich oil family and has everything in his life handed to him, and had that money used to get him out of any trouble along the way.

Maybe you meant because of his "attitude"?

Because he grabbed his crotch?

I like the fact that he lets it all hang out. Let's get a history lesson:

He loves the game and has walked on TWICE and became the starting QB of TWO DIFFERENT big 12 teams. He broke passing records in his FIRST game as a true freshman, and then later lost his job due to injury. TTU fell in love with Davis Webb and gave him the starting job, and then they revoked his scholarship offer. They basically threw him out with the trash. He then left TTU, enrolled at OU and then walked on to THAT team to become the starting QB in 2015. The NCAA screwed him out of a year of eligibility, even though he technically never signed a scholarship with TTU and did not "transfer" to OU. AS A WALK ON he finshed 4th and third in heisman voting in 2015 and 2016 respectively; and finally won in 17.

The dude has had nothing handed to him. If you're afraid of a player with fire, and you think showing emotion is "too manziel" then I don't really know what to say. Yes, he had his run in with the law regarding public intoxication. I work in a college town and he was doing nothing I don't see thousands of kids do every day here.

He is nothing like Manziel.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
              And this will go up with what the cap figure is for 2018.
              Expected 2018 NFL salary cap increase was included in my post

Comment

Expected 2018 NFL salary cap increase was included in my post
                Denver will carry over about $11 million, and then currently has $29 million in 2018 space. So it's $40 million before the cap increase. Once they tender their RFAs it'll be around $30 million. And then cuts and restructures can add more.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Too Manziel?

Johnny Football has a pretty bad coke addiction and a problem with alcoholism. He comes from a rich oil family and has everything in his life handed to him, and had that money used to get him out of any trouble along the way.

He loves the game and has walked on TWICE and became the starting QB of TWO DIFFERENT big 12 teams. He broke passing records in his FIRST game as a true freshman, and then later lost his job due to injury. TTU fell in love with Davis Webb and gave him the starting job, and then they revoked his scholarship offer. They basically threw him out with the trash. He then left TTU, enrolled at OU and then walked on to THAT team to become the starting QB in 2015. The NCAA screwed him out of a year of eligibility, even though he technically never signed a scholarship with TTU and did not "transfer" to OU. AS A WALK ON he finshed 4th and third in heisman voting in 2015 and 2016 respectively; and finally won in 17.

The dude has had nothing handed to him. If you're afraid of a player with fire, and you think showing emotion is "too manziel" then I don't really know what to say. Yes, he had his run in with the law regarding public intoxication. I work in a college town and he was doing nothing I don't see thousands of kids do every day here.

i wouldn't mind if he wore lightning bolts on the side of his helmet next season

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    Too Manziel?

Fantastic post Cory!! I love his fire and I really hope he is suiting up for us next year. Hi sorry fire and passion for the game and his teammates reminds me of Tebow (not playing skill). He does what is needs to lead his team. I can’t wait to watch him on New Years.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      Denver will carry over about $11 million, and then currently has $29 million in 2018 space. So it's $40 million before the cap increase. Once they tender their RFAs it'll be around $30 million. And then cuts and restructures can add more.
                      You're probably right. I'm sure you folks study the Broncos more closely then I. The article I read had them at $30 mil before cuts/restructures/etc. as I recall Talib will be making 11-$12 mil next year.

Bottom line - Denver looks to be in good shape. Plenty of money to add some pieces.
                      Last edited by Mainrnxile; 12-30-2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/2018/

Comment

You're probably right. I'm sure you folks study the Broncos more closely then I. The article I read had them at $30 mil before cuts/restructures/etc. as I recall Talib will be making 11-$12 mil next year.

Bottom line - Denver looks to be in good shape. Plenty of money to add some pieces.
                          I was looking at Over The Cap, maybe they've already factored the rollover into Denver's 2018 number? I just assumed they hadn't until it becomes official. Some of the things on Sportac are wrong though. Demaryius Thomas is in an option year, Denver has to pay him a bonus by March 1st or he's a free agent. But his dead money would be just over $7 million not the $15.5 on the Spotract.

Both sites list it near $30 million though, so that must be right.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Comment

Working...
                          X