Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders to Persue Gruden! Check out the source!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders to Persue Gruden! Check out the source!

Check this out, perhaps in a couple of years they can re sell him to Tampa! 😂 it’s looking like Del Rios time in Oakland May be coming to an end after 3 seasons!

Ian Rapoport wrote this:

Oakland Raiders: Jack Del Rio got an extension this past offseason and it would be a surprise if he's in trouble -- especially after last season's dramatic turnaround. Unless Jon Gruden plans to leave ESPN and work for owner Mark Davis, Del Rio should be safe. It's been eerily quiet in Oakland, as Davis shared his plans with few, but some changes are coming. The focus has been on offensive coordinator Todd Downing, and perhaps a change will be made. Downing does have a close relationship with quarterback Derek Carr, which may affect things.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...es-on-hot-seat

The first sentence is all that matters. Jon Gruden always said his preferred option is Tampa Bay anyway. It is also worth noting he wored for Mark's father Al in Oakland.
    Last edited by Denver Scores; 12-30-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

The Raiders won't make a move with Del Rio unless they know for sure Gruden is a done deal. Since the Bucs changed course yesterday and hastily said Koetter will be back in 2018 there's some belief that they decided that because they lost a bidding war for Gruden.

If Gruden to Oakland is a sure thing it looks like Art Shell will be doing yet another "interview" over the phone to get the Rooney Rule out of the way.

I wonder if Gruden will bring Bill Callahan to Oakland with him? He was his OC during his entire run in Oakland. His Tampa OC is 75 and has been out of professional coaching since 2011.

Comment

Del Rio deserves one more year with Pagano as the D Coord. and without Downing as the O Coord. He's not great but I think he ran into several issues that doomed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          The Raiders won't make a move with Del Rio unless they know for sure Gruden is a done deal. Since the Bucs changed course yesterday and hastily said Koetter will be back in 2018 there's some belief that they decided that because they lost a bidding war for Gruden.

If Gruden to Oakland is a sure thing it looks like Art Shell will be doing yet another "interview" over the phone to get the Rooney Rule out of the way.

I wonder if Gruden will bring Bill Callahan to Oakland with him? He was his OC during his entire run in Oakland. His Tampa OC is 75 and has been out of professional coaching since 2011.
          The Rooney Rule is nothing more than a big nusience for teams that already know who they want before wasting their time with unqualified candidates. I could start a smack thread about t hat dumb policy if

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
            Del Rio deserves one more year with Pagano as the D Coord. and without Downing as the O Coord. He's not great but I think he ran into several issues that doomed him.
            agreed and we hear these gruden rumors literally every single year.

Comment

JDR is mediocre, wasting your roster and not doing enough to get over the hump which is why they are looking at JG.

And Gruden back in the driver seat with a talented QB will be a problem for the rest of the AFC West --just like last time.
              Last edited by L.M.; 12-31-2017, 10:50 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                agreed and we hear these gruden rumors literally every single year.
                We hear fans of coachless teams wishing for him annually, but this year is different. Gruden stated a couple times that he's finally willing to leave the broadcast booth and get back to coaching, and the University of Tennessee already courted him. I think he wants more than most clubs are willing to pay though. I've heard $10M+ a year?

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  We hear fans of coachless teams wishing for him annually, but this year is different. Gruden stated a couple times that he's finally willing to leave the broadcast booth and get back to coaching, and the University of Tennessee already courted him. I think he wants more than most clubs are willing to pay though. I've heard $10M+ a year?
                  That is what the Raiders are offering him.

If you loved your job, would you want to leave? Jon Gruden always shut down rumors by saying he loves working at ESPn within days of hearing fictional reports he was a coaching candidate. For that reason, I was always adamant he will never return to coaching no matter what anyone else says.

What makes this year different? Why does he want to go back to coaching after so many years of not allowing anyone to contact him?

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
                    That is what the Raiders are offering him.

If you loved your job, would you want to leave? Jon Gruden always shut down rumors by saying he loves working at ESPn within days of hearing fictional reports he was a coaching candidate. For that reason, I was always adamant he will never return to coaching no matter what anyone else says.

What makes this year different? Why does he want to go back to coaching after so many years of not allowing anyone to contact him?
                    Well he said so when asked, twice this past Fall which why a couple of teams have made overtures to him. As for ESPN, rumor has it that he doesn't like his latest play-by-play commentator and misses Tirico.

Comment

Welp, Phase One is complete. Jack Del Rio is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                        Well he said so when asked, twice this past fall which is why a couple of teams have made overtures to him. As for ESPN, rumor has it that he doesn't like his latest play-by-play commentator and misses Tirico.
                        I notied immediately Jon Gruden was not getting along with Sean McDonough. Early in the 2016 season, McDonough did nearly all the talking, even when it was Gruden's turn, analyzing plays while sitting next to a former head coach. That never happened with Mike Tirico, who is one of the best commentators I ever heard.

Comment

Welp, Phase One is complete. Jack Del Rio is gone.
                          I believe I read he just got a 4-year extension? So it seems likely they want Gruden.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                            I believe I read he just got a 4-year extension? So it seems likely they want Gruden.
                            Yeah last offseason and it was well deserved. I'm still not 100% on board with this decision but it doesn't look like it's a fixable situation without some changes in the staff.

Comment

Yeah last offseason and it was well deserved. I'm still not 100% on board with this decision but it doesn't look like it's a fixable situation without some changes in the staff.
                              The problem was JDR made the stupid decision to let Bill Musgrave walk and promote Todd Downing. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X