Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL! Feel sorry for the Colts now and beat the RUSH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL! Feel sorry for the Colts now and beat the RUSH!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9I&ocid=HPCDHP

Mickey D might take the Indy job huh? Too bad for them poor fans!
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Maybe he will run luck out of Indy..... right to Denver...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Maybe he will run luck out of Indy..... right to Denver...
      I'm guessing high on Chris Ballard's "to do" list is find a trade partner for Andrew Luck. That contract is brutal - although most QB contracts are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
        I'm guessing high on Chris Ballard's "to do" list is find a trade partner for Andrew Luck. That contract is brutal - although most QB contracts are.

McD will make him want to leave...and restructure to do so, lol.
        sigpic

Comment

As long as he isn't given all the power he was here, I think McD will actually be a good HC. Bowlen just gave McD WAY too much power for a young first time head coach.
          sigpic

Comment

The Colts have $82 million in cap space, no matter how you feel about Luck's contract (if he returns healthy it's actually pretty good) the Colts have the room to not worry about it, and to bring in a bunch of players to help him out. Toss in the high picks, they're not in a bad spot...if Luck comes back healthy.

On the flip side, the Colts have lots of cap room if they were to decide to move on from Luck.

I read this morning that it's believed McDaniels is excited about working with Luck, that he is as mentally sharp as Brady and more athletically gifted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ose-the-colts/

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              The Colts have $82 million in cap space, no matter how you feel about Luck's contract (if he returns healthy it's actually pretty good) the Colts have the room to not worry about it, and to bring in a bunch of players to help him out. Toss in the high picks, they're not in a bad spot...if Luck comes back healthy.

On the flip side, the Colts have lots of cap room if they were to decide to move on from Luck.

I read this morning that it's believed McDaniels is excited about working with Luck, that he is as mentally sharp as Brady and more athletically gifted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ose-the-colts/
              I'll be amazed if JM goes to work for Irsay. He can't afford another HC gig failure - which working for a crazy, drug and alcohol addled buffoon like Irsay could easily become.

I'm guessing NYG are his 1st choice.

But, who knows - you may very well be right.

Comment

I'll be amazed if JM goes to work for Irsay. He can't afford another HC gig failure - which working for a crazy, drug and alcohol addled buffoon like Irsay could easily become.

I'm guessing NYG are his 1st choice.

But, who knows - you may very well be right.
                But do the Giants want him? The Giants and Lions both want the Pats DC, one is going to lose out, I'm guessing after next weekend it'll become a lot clearer. The Pats will either be eliminated and the two coordinators will be hired, or the Pats will be on their bye week and the teams can interview the candidates again. At that point at least 1 of the 3 will know the have to move on.

The fly in the ointment for those 3 teams is Belichick and the Pats, how long is he going to keep coaching there? I'm sure he's had conversations with Kraft so Kraft knows how long he's got left and if it's short term (1 or 2 more years for instance) will the Pats look to keep either of the coordinators with the intention of them taking over once Belichick is done?...If he's going to leave anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  As long as he isn't given all the power he was here, I think McD will actually be a good HC. Bowlen just gave McD WAY too much power for a young first time head coach.
                  I agree. Way to much power. I have always said that....had he a mentor and supportive boss, some of his decisions would have been altered. Most of these dudes love power, and the more you give, the more they take. Should have kept it to HC and change....not so much more.

Having said that, he made some bad moves, and will likely have learned a few things since.

The way he works with Brady, I could see him and Luck doing well together.

Comment

this is exactly how i feel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      But do the Giants want him? The Giants and Lions both want the Pats DC, one is going to lose out, I'm guessing after next weekend it'll become a lot clearer. The Pats will either be eliminated and the two coordinators will be hired, or the Pats will be on their bye week and the teams can interview the candidates again. At that point at least 1 of the 3 will know the have to move on.

The fly in the ointment for those 3 teams is Belichick and the Pats, how long is he going to keep coaching there? I'm sure he's had conversations with Kraft so Kraft knows how long he's got left and if it's short term (1 or 2 more years for instance) will the Pats look to keep either of the coordinators with the intention of them taking over once Belichick is done?...If he's going to leave anytime soon.
                      No, I think the Giants will probably opt with Shurmur, after MP takes the Lions job. JM stays with New England. I just can't imagine he'd use his 2nd bite at the HC apple with the Colts.

Who knows - maybe another team (Tenn) comes calling.

Edit: and there it is - Tenn has fired Mularkey. That'll be where JM lands.

Colts don't get shiny toys from New England - As it should be.
                      Last edited by Mainrnxile; 01-15-2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

No, I think the Giants will probably opt with Shurmur, after MP takes the Lions job. JM stays with New England. I just can't imagine he'd use his 2nd bite at the HC apple with the Colts.

Who knows - maybe another team (Tenn) comes calling.

Edit: and there it is - Tenn has fired Mularkey. That'll be where JM lands.

Colts don't get shiny toys from New England - As it should be.
                        McDaniels paired with Mariota and not Andrew Luck I think would be very great news for the AFC. Especially because it means he is not BB's successor. I agree that it would make sense for Shurmur to go to NY, where he gets to choose his quarterback. The alternative would probably be going to Arizona, and taking Bradford with him on a cheap contract.

Comment

He's a bright guy. He'll learn from his hilarious time in Denver and do better in Indy.

Comment

The guy was flat out LOST here.
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                              The guy was flat out LOST here.
                              A # of his players contributed to the 2011 season
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                              X