John Elway: Bolts might be team to beat in AFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    lets not forget wolfe...as a 3-4DE he has 13 sacks in the last 3 seasons and that's with 11 games lost due to injury
    Of course and not to go all superstitious on you but I just didn’t want to jinx him! I want Wolfe to get back to 💯 percent Healthy and then we’ll the monster emerge!

Comment

• in the end

Gotsis
      S Harris
      Kerr
      Mc Donald
      peko
      walker
      wolfe

with von. ray, chubb and shaq

is a much better front 7 than the bolts have, not only will they rush the passer now that von has his counter part healthy in Ray and now Chubb

but ours can stop the run, something the bolts cant claim with their 4.9 per carry average and 131 yards per game
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

in the end

Gotsis
        S Harris
        Kerr
        Mc Donald
        peko
        walker
        wolfe

is a much better front 7 than the bolts have, not only will they rush the passer now that von has his counter part healthy in Ray and now Chubb

but ours can stop the run, something the bolts cant claim with their 4.9 per carry average and 131 yards per game
        Id like to say that I agree but he'll respond by saying something like
        jpg images
        but anyway that list looks very in encouraging !

Comment

in the end

Gotsis
          S Harris
          Kerr
          Mc Donald
          peko
          walker
          wolfe

yes, the broncos have a good DL and the broncos should have the best outside pass rush considering that they have spent 3 first round picks on the position including two top 5 picks.

as far as stopping the run goes.......that's adorable you think stopping the run is so important in today's NFL. the chargers do need to improve there and i think they will because they actually addressed it in the draft, unlike the broncos not addressing their glaring need along the OL.

but lets take a look at the best and the worst teams at stopping the run last season, shall we?

the top 5 teams in avg rushing yards allowed per game were: Browns, Broncos, Cards, Titans, and Eagles. Combined record 33-42 going into week 17.

Worst 5 teams were: Chargers, Patriots, Rams, Jags, and Steelers. Combined record 53-22

it's all about the passing game in today's NFL and having enough nickle corners capable of not being exploited by mismatches.......the chargers have that, the broncos do not.
          Last edited by baphamet; 06-03-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Id like to say that I agree but he'll respond by saying something like
            jpg images
            but anyway that list looks very in encouraging !
            dude, he said royce freeman is already better than melvin gordon....of course he thinks chubb is better than bosa right now, he probably thinks chubb is already better than any pass rusher in the league not named von miller.

this is the homerism i constantly talk about around here, it's rampant and comical!
            Last edited by baphamet; 06-03-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Baphs, Rap has a point! Why is your most well rounded team only .500 vs the Broncos post Peyton?
              In Fact our teams have the same overall record since Peyton retired both teams 14-18. That doesn’t sound like a team that is most or even more well rounded.
              first of all, being well rounded doesn't automatically = wins, it just means your teams talent is well balanced across defense, offense, and special teams....it's sad i have to explain that to grown adults lol

especially when many of the players that make you well rounded go out for the season.

what happened when the bolts were relatively healthy last season? the broncos played their best game and barely got away with the win then got shut out....not even close to which team was better.

this year the broncos do look improved but so do the chargers minus losing Henry. the chargers have good players all over the field both offensively and defensive and they have also addressed the issues on special teams.

there is a reason elway said the chargers "may" be the team to beat in the division, he thinks his team is inferior and for good reason!
              Last edited by baphamet; 06-03-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                yes, the broncos have a good DL and the broncos should have the best outside pass rush considering that they have spent 3 first round picks on the position including two top 5 picks.

as far as stopping the run goes.......that's adorable you think stopping the run is so important in today's NFL. the chargers do need to improve there and i think they will because they actually addressed it in the draft, unlike the broncos not addressing their glaring need along the OL.

but lets take a look at the best and the worst teams at stopping the run last season, shall we?

the top 5 teams in avg rushing yards allowed per game were: Browns, Broncos, Cards, Titans, and Eagles. Combined record 33-42 going into week 17.

Worst 5 teams were: Chargers, Patriots, Rams, Jags, and Steelers. Combined record 53-22

it's all about the passing game in today's NFL and having enough nickle corners capable of not being exploited by mismatches.......the chargers have that, the broncos do not.
                Hmmm did the chargers , jags , rams or patriots win the superbowl
                I forgot
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm did the chargers , jags , rams or patriots win the superbowl
                  I forgot
                  wait a second......do you actually believe the eagles won the SB because of their dominant run defense??

both the patriots and eagles got torched through the air, actually think about it arapaho, you know damn well i'm right.

Comment

first of all, being well rounded doesn't automatically = wins, it just means your teams talent is well balanced across defense, offense, and special teams....it's sad i have to explain that to grown adults lol

especially when many of the players that make you well rounded go out for the season.

what happened when the bolts were relatively healthy last season? the broncos played their best game and barely got away with the win then got shut out....not even close to which team was better.

this year the broncos do look improved but so do the chargers minus losing Henry. the chargers have good players all over the field both offensively and defensive and they have also addressed the issues on special teams.

there is a reason elway said the chargers "may" be the team to beat in the division, he thinks his team is inferior and for good reason!
                    Oh my bad!!!! So the Chargers are the most well rounded but aren’t super good at winning ( especially vs good teams 1-6 vs playoff teams last year).
                    I personally think the Eagles were the most rounded last year, lost their starting Qb, starting MLB, and starting Left Tackle and didn’t miss a beat.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh my bad!!!! So the Chargers are the most well rounded but aren’t super good at winning ( especially vs good teams 1-6 vs playoff teams last year).
                      I personally think the Eagles were the most rounded last year, lost their starting Qb, starting MLB, and starting Left Tackle and didn’t miss a beat.
                      i'm going to remind you that the original comment was made that the chargers were more well rounded than the broncos only.....that's all i ever said lol

I also said at that same time that every other team in the division was more well rounded than the broncos. people try to pretend i said that the chargers were the most well rounded team in the league, which was a complete made up lie.

I said it because i knew how bad your offense would become after manning and i was not disappointed.

Comment

ohh man bap doesn't understand that well rounded means the whole team

you cant be well rounded if you lose a few starters and fall to pieces like the bolts in 2015-16
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm going to remind you that the original comment was made that the chargers were more well rounded than the broncos only.....that's all i ever said lol

I also said at that same time that every other team in the division was more well rounded than the broncos. people try to pretend i said that the chargers were the most well rounded team in the league, which was a complete made up lie.

I said it because i knew how bad your offense would become after manning and i was not disappointed.
                          Our offense was pretty bad with Manning his last year (9tds 17 int’s) but I would agree with you the Bolts have had a better more well rounded squad the last couple of years. Based on what Denver did this offseason the Broncos are closing that gap.
                          sigpic

Comment

wait a second......do you actually believe the eagles won the SB because of their dominant run defense??

both the patriots and eagles got torched through the air, actually think about it arapaho, you know damn well i'm right.
                            wait now did I say that....?

let me check, ummm

nope

but you did insinuate the rush defense doesn't matter...I bet any nfl coach would laugh you out of the building

however the eagles were the #1 rush defense in the league...and won the superbowl
                            Last edited by arapaho; 06-03-2018, 06:47 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Our offense was pretty bad with Manning his last year (9tds 17 int’s) but I would agree with you the Bolts have had a better more well rounded squad the last couple of years. Based on what Denver did this offseason the Broncos are closing that gap.
                              couple years?

2 years ago the broncos were 9-7 the bolts 5-11
                              sigpic

Comment

couple years?

2 years ago the broncos were 9-7 the bolts 5-11
                                You mean the same record as the Chargers the last two years right?

Chargers 2016: 5-11 2017: 9-7

So really more well rounded roster than Denver one season in the last 7.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X