Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donkos "Dumb Down" their offense for their incompetent QB's

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/0...e-dumbed-down/

“It’s really a system that we build as a staff this offseason,” Musgrave said. “We had wholesale changes on the offensive staff. We have our framework that I’m comfortable with and that I can teach and call in a timely manner. And then our staff has put together what we feel is a great system for our players, especially our QBs.”
    the underlined is the only comment you need to read......incompetent coaches need a simply offense to "call in a timely manner" because their incompetent QB's need an easy and simple system to follow.

combine that with the same ole garbage OL and it makes for a fun season coming up......going to be fun seeing the look on keenum's face when he first realizes he isn't in Minnesota anymore!

Last edited by baphamet; 06-03-2018, 05:07 PM.

Lol i think bap just reincarnated chargerdivison
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      Lol i think bap just reincarnated chargerdivison
      ive been saying this all of season....you all think you are getting the same exact keenum that was in Minnesota last season. keenum won't have the weapons but more importantly he won't have the same pass protection he had in Minnesota.

the vikings are raving about cousins and none of them are upset about keenum hitting the road, ever ask yourself why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        ive been saying this all of season....you all think you are getting the same exact keenum that was in Minnesota last season. keenum won't have the weapons but more importantly he won't have the same pass protection he had in Minnesota.

the vikings are raving about cousins and none of them are upset about keenum hitting the road, ever ask yourself why that is?
        Minnesota will soon realize that they’ve released a leader in exchange for a head case. You say “ever ask yourself why” well why is it that Washington let Cousins walk? He’s a head case attention ______ <——(use you imagination) but remember you made the above statement stating your support of Cousins over Keenum when he falls flat in Minnesota.

Comment

Uh hate to break it to you but Minny did not have great pass protection last year. Keenum led the league in plays outside the pocket. He was great last year when his protection broke down.

What are the Vikings supposed to say...…………..Damn we just made an 84 million dollar mistake????

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Minnesota will soon realize that they’ve released a leader in exchange for a head case. You say “ever ask yourself why” well why is it that Washington let Cousins walk? He’s a head case attention ______ <——(use you imagination) but remember you made the above statement stating your support of Cousins over Keenum when he falls flat in Minnesota.
            Well that and Cousins never was able to win a big game in Washington.

Comment

I doubt if Kiszla or the OP has ever studied playbooks, compiled one or is familiar with offensive playcall terminology. Every offensive coach I have ever known tries to simplify playcalls in the offseason. Musgrave is said to run a version of the WCO which has notoriously verbose playcalls. Anyone who can simplify that isn't dumbing something down, they are being smart about devising a system that works better.

The only thing here that is dumb is the title of Kiszla's article. Musgrave has worked in a variety of offensive systems including Chip Kelly's Spread, Air Coryell, Erhardt-Perkins and WCO. He did well in Oakland especially in 2016. He's familiar with the division which should concern the OP more than his optimistic interpretation of Kiszla's silly article.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I doubt if Kiszla or the OP has ever studied playbooks, compiled one or is familiar with offensive playcall terminology. Every offensive coach I have ever known tries to simplify playcalls in the offseason. Musgrave is said to run a version of the WCO which has notoriously verbose playcalls. Anyone who can simplify that isn't dumbing something down, they are being smart about devising a system that works better.

The only thing here that is dumb is the title of Kiszla's article. Musgrave has worked in a variety of offensive systems including Chip Kelly's Spread, Air Coryell, Erhardt-Perkins and WCO. He did well in Oakland especially in 2016. He's familiar with the division which should concern the OP more than his optimistic interpretation of Kiszla's silly article.

Ummm Bap doesnt understand common sense , and is limited in rational thinking
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

i know for a 100% fact that the chargers have switched offenses multiple times and have never had to simplify it for rivers. why should i be concerned that musgrave is familiar with the division? that's the case with all teams in the division, is it not?

oh and the fact that the broncos don't play the chargers until week 11, offering plenty of film on what they are trying to do by then, makes that point pretty null and void.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                    Uh hate to break it to you but Minny did not have great pass protection last year. Keenum led the league in plays outside the pocket. He was great last year when his protection broke down.

What are the Vikings supposed to say...…………..Damn we just made an 84 million dollar mistake????
                    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

according to footballoutsiders they were the 6th ranked pass protection unit while the broncos were 28th. ive seen players get upset when good players are allowed to walk, it happened this off season with the chargers when they let Chris McCain go.

nobody in Minnesota cares about keenum walking, they are ecstatic that they have a real QB now.

Comment

i know for a 100% fact that the chargers have switched offenses multiple times and have never had to simplify it for rivers. why should i be concerned that musgrave is familiar with the division? that's the case with all teams in the division, is it not?

oh and the fact that the broncos don't play the chargers until week 11, offering plenty of film on what they are trying to do by then, makes that point pretty null and void.
                      What he is trying to express to you is that Billy Mus is creating a certain formula in a complicated system. Nothing wrong with different study habits and that doesn’t classify it as dumbing it down. “Did I simplify it enough for you”! 😕 or perhaps someone needs to “dumb it down”!

Comment

according to footballoutsiders they were the 6th ranked pass protection unit while the broncos were 28th. ive seen players get upset when good players are allowed to walk, it happened this off season with the chargers when they let Chris McCain go.

nobody in Minnesota cares about keenum walking, they are ecstatic that they have a real QB now.
                        Keenum actually did a damn fine job in making that line look better. Go back and watch film instead of relying on bogus beat writers that probably went to your high school like Footballoutsiders.

Comment

oh I see you have never grasped the concept of a qb that can read the defense, can get the ball out quick and more importantly , is highly mobile and can avoid multiple sacks per game with it

will make a oline look better in pass blocking

than a qb who cant, who cannot avoid sacks, and yes sometimes causes the sack

I guess PFF hasn't explained it in a fantasy stat article yet
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                            Well that and Cousins never was able to win a big game in Washington.
                            Yeah, I think The Jets forced Minnesota to over pay for Cousins. Lol remember they said they’d dedicate like one hundred million to Cousins guaranteed! That was classic actually make Minnesota look stupid for committing so much to a player who has done nothing!

Comment

Musgrave took over the offense after McCoy was fired, and kept the same system in tact. So naturally this year as OC he is installing an offense that fits our team.

Musgrave as Oakland OC in 2016 the Raiders were 7th in scoring and 6th in total yards. Without him in 2017 the Raiders ranked 23rd in scoring, and 17th total yards.

Speaking of offense the Vikings who you think are loaded on offense were 23rd in scoring and 28th in yards in 2016.
                              With Keenum a year later they moved up to tenth in scoring, and 11th in yards.

Do some research before you start a thread with fake news.....��
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X