Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok tell me the world hasn’t gone to hell in a hand basket

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    What’s next, people start picking the Chargers to go 19-0?
    The world hasn't gone to hell in a hand basket ... yet.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      The world hasn't gone to hell in a hand basket ... yet.
      They’re placing a ton of faith in Manziel
      I mean Mayfield. Don’t get me wrong because I have faith too but I don’t see him being anything special.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-04-2018, 05:38 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        Sounds more like sour grapes from you


        Elway took over a 4-12 team , a under talented team, and by the third year built an offense that had just a few players that he inherited, and built one of the most potent offenses ever seen

        After a blowout loss completely reversed course and built one of the greatest defenses to ever play and won the SB

        And it sounds like your finding any thing to discredit him
        LOL rancid making you homers cry now, i like it!

        look at the bolded....you are acting like that's not 90% manning. it's not like he built an offense full of great talent because the very moment manning started to get old and especially when he retired what happened to all that talent on offense he built?

        you homers will never see this, you're incapable of it.

        also, yes manning fell in his lap and he gets credit for that.........any GM in that situation would have made that move and it was just one move. bringing in one of the best QB's of all time to replace tebow mania doesn't prove you're a great GM just because that all time great QB turned your mediocre offense into a great one.

        agaiin, how has he done in all the other aspects of his job since then? certainly not terrible but nothing to write home about, especially with his drafting that has been below average compared to other GM's.

        THAT IS WHY I SAY HE'S OVER-RATED.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          LOL rancid making you homers cry now, i like it!

          look at the bolded....you are acting like that's not 90% manning. it's not like he built an offense full of great talent because the very moment manning started to get old and especially when he retired what happened to all that talent on offense he built?

          you homers will never see this, you're incapable of it.

          also, yes manning fell in his lap and he gets credit for that.........any GM in that situation would have made that move and it was just one move. bringing in one of the best QB's of all time to replace tebow mania doesn't prove you're a great GM just because that all time great QB turned your mediocre offense into a great one.

          agaiin, how has he done in all the other aspects of his job since then? certainly not terrible but nothing to write home about, especially with his drafting that has been below average compared to other GM's.

          THAT IS WHY I SAY HE'S OVER-RATED.
          The 2015 Broncos defense essentially had no weaknesses, and was one of the greatest defensive units ever built. Amazing how that had absolutely nothing to do with any of the players on the field.

          Thank goodness we had gimpy Manning throwing twice as many picks than touchdowns, otherwise, our defense would've been crap.
          To infinity...and beyond.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            LOL rancid making you homers cry now, i like it!

            look at the bolded....you are acting like that's not 90% manning. it's not like he built an offense full of great talent because the very moment manning started to get old and especially when he retired what happened to all that talent on offense he built?

            you homers will never see this, you're incapable of it.

            also, yes manning fell in his lap and he gets credit for that.........any GM in that situation would have made that move and it was just one move. bringing in one of the best QB's of all time to replace tebow mania doesn't prove you're a great GM just because that all time great QB turned your mediocre offense into a great one.

            agaiin, how has he done in all the other aspects of his job since then? certainly not terrible but nothing to write home about, especially with his drafting that has been below average compared to other GM's.

            THAT IS WHY I SAY HE'S OVER-RATED.
            In your opinion only... your opinions mean didley squat here... because your really saying is manning snapped, passed the ball to himself and blocked for himself

            I’ll stare at our third Lombardi
            Knowing elway is better then any GM you have had in your teams frutile existence
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              In your opinion only... your opinions mean didley squat here... because your really saying is manning snapped, passed the ball to himself and blocked for himself

              I’ll stare at our third Lombardi
              Knowing elway is better then any GM you have had in your teams frutile existence
              if my opinions mean nothing, why do you always reply to my posts?

              i ask again......how come the moment he left all that talent elway built on offense now looks mediocre at best? how did the broncos go from "one of the most potent offenses ever seen" to below average essentially over night?

              i also say again.....bobby bethard is a HOF GM and elway is not and never will be, even if he wasn't already in the HOF as a player. elway is vastly over-rated because one guy fell inn his lap, thats it. other than that he's been a decent GM but nothing special.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                The 2015 Broncos defense essentially had no weaknesses, and was one of the greatest defensive units ever built. Amazing how that had absolutely nothing to do with any of the players on the field.

                Thank goodness we had gimpy Manning throwing twice as many picks than touchdowns, otherwise, our defense would've been crap.
                yet what happened the very next season after "gimpy manning" retired with almost the same exact players on defense? NO PLAYOFFS AND INSTANTLY BACK TO MEDIOCRE, how come?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  yet what happened the very next season after "gimpy manning" retired with almost the same exact players on defense? NO PLAYOFFS AND INSTANTLY BACK TO MEDIOCRE, how come?
                  Are you still here trolling?

                  You didn't answer my question....you just tried deflecting with your plastic troll shield.

                  Let's try this again. Did Elway (as GM) have anything to do with constructing our defensive roster in 2015? We're not talking about 2016, we're talking about our 2015 season when Peyton Manning was absolutely terrible and we won the Super Bowl on the backs of our defense.
                  To infinity...and beyond.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    if my opinions mean nothing, why do you always reply to my posts?

                    i ask again......how come the moment he left all that talent elway built on offense now looks mediocre at best? how did the broncos go from "one of the most potent offenses ever seen" to below average essentially over night?

                    i also say again.....bobby bethard is a HOF GM and elway is not and never will be, even if he wasn't already in the HOF as a player. elway is vastly over-rated because one guy fell inn his lap, thats it. other than that he's been a decent GM but nothing special.
                    Why do I respond... cause your a troll with nonsense opinions

                    Tell me did manning play defense?

                    Did manning win the Super Bowl with his vast skill set ?

                    No
                    That’s right it was the defense elway assembled

                    Thu the draft and free agency
                    And that’s something you will never get to say

                    My GM assembler one of the greatest defenses ever seen and won the super bowl
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                      Are you still here trolling?

                      You didn't answer my question....you just tried deflecting with your plastic troll shield.

                      Let's try this again. Did Elway (as GM) have anything to do with constructing our defensive roster in 2015? We're not talking about 2016, we're talking about our 2015 season when Peyton Manning was absolutely terrible and we won the Super Bowl on the backs of our defense.
                      did he have anything to do with it? of course he did. but why didn't the broncos make then playoffs the very next season with almost the exact same guys on defense?? that is what all of you keep refusing to answer. if the SB was won on the backs of the defense in 2015, certainly they should have at least made the playoffs the next year, correct?

                      it's only trolling to you because you don't like the message.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        Why do I respond... cause your a troll with nonsense opinions
                        that you have no answer to what so ever.

                        Tell me did manning play defense?

                        Did manning win the Super Bowl with his vast skill set ?

                        No
                        That’s right it was the defense elway assembled

                        Thu the draft and free agency
                        And that’s something you will never get to say

                        My GM assembler one of the greatest defenses ever seen and won the super bowl
                        #1 remember this hypoctical bull crap opinion the next time you bash rivers or any other player foprm not being a SB champion.

                        #2 WHY DIDN'T THE BRONCOS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THE VERY NEXT SEASON SINCE IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF THE DEFENSE ELWAY ASSEMBLED???????????

                        stop being a hypocrite and answer that question or sit down and shut your pie hole.

                        you think my opinions are nonsense just because you don't liike what i say? they are so much nonsense you don't have anything except "he assembled the best defense ever and won the SB" except that "best defense ever" didn't even sniff the playoffs the very next season without manning........it's true what they say, you really can't fix stupid LOL

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                          WHY DIDN'T THE BRONCOS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THE VERY NEXT SEASON SINCE IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF THE DEFENSE ELWAY ASSEMBLED???????????
                          Because of a guy named Trevor Simeon could not even manage a game. It’s not so much because of what Manning brought to the table it’s because Trevor could not play.

                          Now take your ass down to anger management and get help already. You can’t let the Broncos message forum control your attitude every day.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Because of a guy named Trevor Simeon could not even manage a game. It’s not so much because of what Manning brought to the table it’s because Trevor could not play.

                            Now take your ass down to anger management and get help already. You can’t let the Broncos message forum control your attitude every day.
                            i have to type in big letters so the special ones can read it!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              did he have anything to do with it? of course he did. but why didn't the broncos make then playoffs the very next season with almost the exact same guys on defense?? that is what all of you keep refusing to answer. if the SB was won on the backs of the defense in 2015, certainly they should have at least made the playoffs the next year, correct?

                              it's only trolling to you because you don't like the message.
                              No, it's trolling because you're just seeking to annoy as opposed to discuss.

                              Your argument is idiotic because you're intentionally refusing to acknowledge that Elway constructed one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. Instead, you're attempting to attach the totality of our Super Bowl win only to Peyton Manning (who could barely throw a football in 2015).

                              So, by your logic, 2015 Peyton Manning could have played in 3-13 Cleveland, and they would have definitely had an all world defense and won the Super Bowl?

                              That's great, man. What else would you like to talk about?

                              To infinity...and beyond.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                                No, it's trolling because you're just seeking to annoy as opposed to discuss.
                                i stopped reading right there.

                                i'm always trying to discuss and talk football, most you broncos fans just want to cry about what i'm saying or say i'm trolling rather than debate me and you are one of them. also, it helps to understand that this is the smack section and if you want a healthy non smack debate, maybe the smack section isn't the place?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X