Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers Struggling to Fill Seats (shocker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If the NFL decides the Chargers don't belong in LA (and the crowds and which teams they cheer for seem to point in that direction), they can push the Spanos family to sell now that Alex is dead. And if the NFL can find a billionaire owner (not difficult for them) they can figure out a way to get a stadium done in San Diego.

The NFL screwed up in letting the Chargers and not the Raiders move to LA, now you've got a team that no one seems to want playing in a small stadium that opposition fans fill. I don't think they'll be in LA long, and I think Jerry Jones and Bob McNair will use their contacts to get them back to San Diego before they ever allow them into the other reasonable destination, San Antonio.
    And the speculation is now dead. The Chargers have a firm 20 year lease in Inglewood (with two 10 year options after that) and everything currently sold there is based on 20 NFL games per season.

So they'll be in LA for a long time, even if no one wants them.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      And the speculation is now dead. The Chargers have a firm 20 year lease in Inglewood (with two 10 year options after that) and everything currently sold there is based on 20 NFL games per season.

So they'll be in LA for a long time, even if no one wants them.
      during the rams chargers game at the coliseum, it was easily 40% chargers fans because it was cheaper. most people don't want the chargers in LA but there are people that will support them if they win. lets not forget, the price will be a lot cheaper to go to games at the new stadium. tickets at the hub are $120 minimum, at the new stadium they will be $50 minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        during the rams chargers game at the coliseum, it was easily 40% chargers fans because it was cheaper. most people don't want the chargers in LA but there are people that will support them if they win. lets not forget, the price will be a lot cheaper to go to games at the new stadium. tickets at the hub are $120 minimum, at the new stadium they will be $50 minimum.
        The non-biased part of me wondered if the higher cost of the tiny toilet bowl might have caused difficulties too. We'll see if they still struggle in the new stadium.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Haha, I'm old so the first 15+ years were great. Collectively great to decent before the current Dark Age (2003-present)

My dad brought me a bunch of Raider gear but I wasn't a football fan much. I had a Jack Tatum, Ken Stabler and Cliff Branch mini jerseys, a Raider helmet, Raider towels, just a bunch of Raider stuff. But I didn't LOVE them, I just wore them because they matched my shoes. But once I understood the game, I understood his Jedi mind tricks and eventually succumbed to his wishes. He was lucky because thinking about it now, I probably would've been a Jets fan if I was left to decide on my own. Despite the nonsense the Raiders have put me through for a while now, being a Jets fan would've been FAR worse. I forgot to mention that the Vikings were also in the running for my fanhood because of the highlights of seeing them in the snow and cold in the old Metropolitan stadium.
          I love to watch JACK TATUM! Man he and the rest of the Raider defense were TERRIFYING!!! Hated to see them leave back then, and hate to see them leave now.
          sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            The non-biased part of me wondered if the higher cost of the tiny toilet bowl might have caused difficulties too. We'll see if they still struggle in the new stadium.
            they still will struggle, but there will be more fans with the cheaper tickets for sure. the chargers have more fans for TC practices than they do for home games, if that tells you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Duuuuude!!!!! That was the first game i ever watched!!!! My dad was born and raised in Denver and I remember him flipping the coffee table when the kick returner messed up and we ended up at our own 2 yard line. Then I saw Elway do what my dad kept saying wouldn’t happen, and I hooked from that day on ( a month before I turned 8)
              My poor 11 year daughter is now brainwashed like me, hahahaha!!!!!
              I knew by your name you were and old school Broncos fan ; )
              I think the first game I remember watching and actually knowing much about it was the 55-10 SB... the reason I think that is I became a huge fan of Elway because my pops kept yelling Elway's name... I didn't know what the stuff h was saying before his name meant at the time lol. I grew up in Denver and my whole family was Broncos Fans, My mom worked at a country club that a lot of the Broncos were part of, the broncos were part of the local yearly celebration in commerce city every year as well, So meeting Mike harden and Dave Studdard and Karl Mecklenberg just solidified what my family was already ingraining in me lol.
              GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
              sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/ChargersNdChill/...48314467180544

packers fans totally took over an undefeated rams home game. smellA deserves no NFL team, neither does San Diego.

Last edited by baphamet; 10-28-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X