It’s getting hard to stomach this incompetent coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL there is a video with Bill O'Brien even talking smack on VJ.

I wont post it because there is cussing but he basically says "Good job Vance. You dumb ass"
    When Bill O'Brien is calling you a dumb "insert expletive here" you are a terrible coach.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      the only reason to blame Elway is if he refuses to fire his incompetent coach
      VJ will be our coach in 2019...It's gross, it makes me want to vomit, but I just feel like it's going to end up happening.
      sigpic

Comment

yep building one of the greatest offenses ever seen followed in two seasons by one of the greatest defenses ever seen is a mistake

I understand you've had your panties in a wadd over Elway for some time
        He did build a good team leading up to our SB run. He's made a whole lot of mistakes since. We're where we are right now due to miscue after miscue. I'm by no means saying fire Elway, but he's not blameless by far in where we are and too many do what you are doing and prop him up as perfect thanks to what he built when he had Peyton Manning to draw in willing bodies to serve the team.

He deserves credit for what he got right in the first half of his tenure, he also deserves flack for his multiple mistakes since. Wade, Hiring VJ, mishandling our QB situation so badly. There is a lot of talent on this roster, he deserves credit for that (though I think this draft class was more kubiak than Elway, I can't substantiate that).

He doesn't deserve as much flack as some people give, but he deserves to be called out on some of it... Especially the QB situation. He made a big mistake by assuming Case would be the answer and refusing to address it this year. I love Chubb, but we should have taken a QB.
        Last edited by Freyaka; 11-07-2018, 09:40 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          That can't be an accurate statistic though. We led most of the game in Arizona.
          Sorry I should had said aside from the Arizona game.

A victory is a victory but I didn’t count that game because of how bad Arizona actually is.

It is my belief that denver has a really good team and can make a strong playoff push with the talent they have (aside from QB) however with this coaching staff that is not going to happen.

I’d like to think that Elway will take care of business at seasons end however it’s hard to ignore the speculation that Elway believes Vance is growing as a coach and that it takes a coaching staff and a team years to gel and the FO may not dismiss this staff due to the zero stability message it would send.

However I think blowing a game as a coach who doesn’t call plays and lying to a future HOF WR days before he was traded would scream zero stability and discourage any free agents from resigning or coming here.
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-07-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            He did build a good team leading up to our SB run. He's made a whole lot of mistakes since. We're where we are right now due to miscue after miscue. I'm by no means saying fire Elway, but he's not blameless by far in where we are and too many do what you are doing and prop him up as perfect thanks to what he built when he had Peyton Manning to draw in willing bodies to serve the team.

He deserves credit for what he got right in the first half of his tenure, he also deserves flack for his multiple mistakes since. Wade, Hiring VJ, mishandling our QB situation so badly. There is a lot of talent on this roster, he deserves credit for that (though I think this draft class was more kubiak than Elway, I can't substantiate that).

He doesn't deserve as much flack as some people give, but he deserves to be called out on some of it... Especially the QB situation. He made a big mistake by assuming Case would be the answer and refusing to address it this year. I love Chubb, but we should have taken a QB.
            and for much of everyone praising kubiak and denouncing Elway

wasn't it kubs that insisted Elway get VJ, we ended up with wade and then insisted Elway not to fire Vj after last season
            wasn't he the one that hyped case keenum to elway
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

and for much of everyone praising kubiak and denouncing Elway

wasn't it kubs that insisted Elway get VJ, we ended up with wade and then insisted Elway not to fire Vj after last season
              wasn't he the one that hyped case keenum to elway
              I’m going to do to you what everybody else does to me, I’m going to ask you for a link proving proof that Kubiak insisted that I Elway hire VJ.

It’s crazy but the Broncos won the Super Bowl in 2015 and less than a year later we were all lead to believe that John Elway wanted Gary Kubiak to fire Denison. That was the speculation so I don’t have a link for it but we all heard the same reports.

It was also reported that Kubiak said “no I will not do such a thing and that’s is a damn good coaching staff” while deciding he was stepping down already anyway.

I am not a supporter of Rick Denison by any mean and I disagree with Gary when he says Denison is a good coach however I do believe that the Broncos did have a good coaching staff on offense that year but they had to suffer through very very terrible draft picks and players.

Now in 2018 the roles are reversed, we have such a good and talented roster on both sides of the ball yet they are being forced to suffer through a very bad coaching staff due to the fact that Joe Ellis demands stability at the coaching position.

Is Vance Joseph and his coaching staff stable? Hell no but firing them now midseason would suggest that the Broncos are one of the most unstable teams in the league and no Coach will believe that he is being treated fairly here.

That would be the only reason for VJ and this staff remaining on the team and perhaps beyond the 2018 season. If this is all true and it is Joe Ellis demanding long term job security at the coaching position then I am going to side with Beth and say fight hard to get this tam out of Joe Ellis’s hands...
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-08-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X