X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    bap........Bears......Chargers Super Bowl. That would be fun, original NFL/AFL teams playing for the championship.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    In order

KC
    NE
    Hou
    Bal
    LA
    Ind

LA
    NO
    Chi
    Dal
    Sea
    Car
    In the AFC, if the Colts win tonight, I got the AFC 100% right.

In the NFC, I got the two byes correct but the order incorrect. I got seeds 3, 4 and 5 correct but whiffed on Carolina.

Not too shabby.

Leave a comment:

• brianfrommissou
    replied
    Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    I will give it a stab. Since I am a Chiefs homer and am fully aware of our ability to choke, I assumed we lose 2 of our final 3 and the Chargers win out. Other than that, I honestly picked who I thought would win/lose using the ESPN simulator.

AFC

1. Chargers
    2. Patriots
    3. Texans
    4. Ravens
    5. Chiefs
    6. Dolphins

NFC

1. Saints
    2. Rams
    3. Bears
    4. Cowboys
    5. Seahawks
    6. Packers
    Well, I called that right. And with help from everybody else, we still got 1st seed. I got pretty close on the NFC, but whiffed the AFC pretty badly it appears.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It depends who they play. Assuming they're 3rd, they'll play the 6th seed which could be Pittsburgh/Baltimore or Indy (I'm hoping for Indy), Pittsburgh won't beat New England in Foxboro, just too much zone and mentally I don't think they're strong enough. Baltimore could beat New England in Foxboro (they've done it before) but I don't know that Jackson is ready to win a playoff game. Indy hasn't won in Foxboro in seems like decades. I like the culture change they've got there, but I'm not sure they're ready yet.

So that gets New England to the divisional round where they'll play Houston, which I think is a slam dunk win for New England. I think Houston is a lot of smoke and mirrors this year, their most impressive wins were against Indy and Dallas early in the season, when both were struggling. After that their 8 wins have come against teams that won't be playing in January. They're a fraud and Bill O'Brien is a bad coach who's team is having a good year.

This takes us to the AFC Championship game against the Chargers, which could be either in Foxboro, or a small stadium in Carson which will be at least half filled with Patriots fans. The Chargers are the better team, it just comes down to whether they have the will to finish New England off (Jacksonville showed that's not an easy thing last year) I like the Chargers chances better in Foxboro than I do in Carson, because they've been great on the road this year.

I think those are the only two teams that can come out of the AFC (the Ravens would be a distant third, but way behind these two) and the Patriots have been there before, so you have to think that's a little bit of an edge for them. But based purely on best team, it should be the Chargers.

EDIT: This post pained me to write, because I dislike both teams, but I think they're the two that can do it this year.
    2 seed is not out of the question if the Texans lose to the Eagles next week. Otherwise it’s the 3 seed and a date with the Titans most likely and they are not an easy out.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I don't think the Pats are getting past the divisional round this year. They are most likely the 3rd seed and would be lucky to to advance past the WC round. I honestly think it's the Chargers year to go to the SB.
    It depends who they play. Assuming they're 3rd, they'll play the 6th seed which could be Pittsburgh/Baltimore or Indy (I'm hoping for Indy), Pittsburgh won't beat New England in Foxboro, just too much zone and mentally I don't think they're strong enough. Baltimore could beat New England in Foxboro (they've done it before) but I don't know that Jackson is ready to win a playoff game. Indy hasn't won in Foxboro in seems like decades. I like the culture change they've got there, but I'm not sure they're ready yet.

So that gets New England to the divisional round where they'll play Houston, which I think is a slam dunk win for New England. I think Houston is a lot of smoke and mirrors this year, their most impressive wins were against Indy and Dallas early in the season, when both were struggling. After that their 8 wins have come against teams that won't be playing in January. They're a fraud and Bill O'Brien is a bad coach who's team is having a good year.

This takes us to the AFC Championship game against the Chargers, which could be either in Foxboro, or a small stadium in Carson which will be at least half filled with Patriots fans. The Chargers are the better team, it just comes down to whether they have the will to finish New England off (Jacksonville showed that's not an easy thing last year) I like the Chargers chances better in Foxboro than I do in Carson, because they've been great on the road this year.

I think those are the only two teams that can come out of the AFC (the Ravens would be a distant third, but way behind these two) and the Patriots have been there before, so you have to think that's a little bit of an edge for them. But based purely on best team, it should be the Chargers.

EDIT: This post pained me to write, because I dislike both teams, but I think they're the two that can do it this year.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    I don't think the Pats are getting past the divisional round this year. They are most likely the 3rd seed and would be lucky to to advance past the WC round. I honestly think it's the Chargers year to go to the SB.

Leave a comment:

• brianfrommissou
    replied
    i was right about one thing

it's not the playoffs yet , though.
    Yes you were. But I was too, so it don't count. LOL

Good game and a quality, come from behind win :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    i know what you're trying to do and it isn't going to work lol

one of our team,s has to stop choking at some point.........right?
    i was right about one thing

it's not the playoffs yet , though.

Leave a comment:

• brianfrommissou
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Well tonight for sure if you live is misery....I mean "Missouri" and are a chiefs fan you are for sure misserable
    No, not really. I seen it coming from a mile away. I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to place bets in Vegas. Betting against the Chiefs in important games is like betting that humans will continue to need oxygen. It's just free money

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    it can suck to live in the mid-west but the beauty is we can travel to places like southern cali where i would definitely not want to live anymore, but visiting is still cool.

talk about depressing? just the cost of living and the traffic there alone makes you want to kill yourself.
    Well tonight for sure if you live is misery....I mean "Missouri" and are a chiefs fan you are for sure misserable

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Yes, the Pats need KC to lose to LAC and Seattle as well as for LAC to lose to Baltimore. Basically, if NE and KC win their respective divisions and have the same record then NE gets the 1 seed. It’s an unlikely scenario but possible.
    There is still a scenario where NE misses the playoffs while Denver makes it....ah to dream

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    In order

KC
    NE
    Hou
    Bal
    LA
    Ind

LA
    NO
    Chi
    Dal
    Sea
    Car

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    you been hanging out too much with Kareem? Its must be absolutely "missourable" and utter "missouri" living in "Missouri". People must be very depressed over there.
    it can suck to live in the mid-west but the beauty is we can travel to places like southern cali where i would definitely not want to live anymore, but visiting is still cool.

talk about depressing? just the cost of living and the traffic there alone makes you want to kill yourself.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Pats need the Chargers to come up big tonight. Right now the 2 seed is ours to lose, but there is an outside (although unlikely) chance at the 1 seed.
    uhh it would do you no good because then you would need a loss from the chargers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X