Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Playoff Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AFC Playoff Discussion

    Lots of fans from playoff teams in the smack section (sorry Donco fans ), so we may as well have a discussion thread.

    1. KC
    2. NE
    3. Houston
    4. Baltimore
    5. LAC
    6. Indianapolis

    The wild card matchups are of course LAC at Baltimore and Indianapolis at Houston. I think the Ravens and Texans win, setting up for AFC divisional round:

    Houston at NE

    Baltimore at KC

    Honestly, I wanted the 1 seed but I think I'd rather face Houston than Baltimore, who'll be tough to handle. Predictions?
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 12-31-2018, 11:14 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  • #2
    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Lots of fans from playoff teams in the smack section (sorry Donco fans ), so may as well have a discussion thread.

    1. KC
    2. NE
    3. Houston
    4. Baltimore
    5. LAC
    6. Indianapolis

    The wild card matchups are of course LAC at Baltimore and Indianapolis at Houston. I think the Ravens and Texans win, setting up for AFC divisional round:

    Houston at NE

    Baltimore at KC

    Honestly, I wanted the 1 seed but I think I'd rather face Houston than Baltimore, who'll be tough to handle. Predictions?
    My prediction is KC is going to the SB and will lose to the Saints. I agree with your divisional round matchups but I don't see Houston, NE or Baltimore beating KC at home.
    sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
      My prediction is KC is going to the SB and will lose to the Saints. I agree with your divisional round matchups but I don't see Houston, NE or Baltimore beating KC at home.
      I agree on KC being tough at home, but Baltimore almost beat them at Arrowhead a few weeks ago, right? KC's defense is not good. They give up a ton of yards on the ground, and Baltimore has a very good ground game as well as a stout defense. I think KC will probably win against the Ravens, mainly because asking Lamar Jackson to win in KC is too much to ask for a 1st year QB.

      And the Saints are not that good outside of their building. Will they play the same way at the Super Bowl, which is being held in Atlanta?
      Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
        I agree on KC being tough at home, but Baltimore almost beat them at Arrowhead a few weeks ago, right? KC's defense is not good. They give up a ton of yards on the ground, and Baltimore has a very good ground game as well as a stout defense. I think KC will probably win against the Ravens, mainly because asking Lamar Jackson to win in KC is too much to ask for a 1st year QB.

        And the Saints are not that good outside of their building. Will they play the same way at the Super Bowl, which is being held in Atlanta?
        Almost don't count! Atlanta is a dome stadium like the Saints home stadium and the Saints play there every year. I don't think that will have an effect on the Saints.
        sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
        Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
        PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
          My prediction is KC is going to the SB and will lose to the Saints. I agree with your divisional round matchups but I don't see Houston, NE or Baltimore beating KC at home.
          I agree with this. KC in the AFC for sure. I actually have the Saints for NFC, but if Chicago gets past the Rams, they might get there too.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            the last time a thread like this was made most of you said the chargers wouldn't make the playoffs so this is another good omen.

            i think the chargers can beat any team in the playoffs on the road. the question is, will their offense get it together?

            plus the chargers are the only team to get a second shot at the LJ lead ravens. that one dimensional offense will get exposed at some point.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
              My prediction is KC is going to the SB and will lose to the Saints. I agree with your divisional round matchups but I don't see Houston, NE or Baltimore beating KC at home.
              KC isn't going to the SB, not with that defense.

              my non homer prediction is saints vs pats
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                KC isn't going to the SB, not with that defense.

                my non homer prediction is saints vs pats
                I guess the same could be said about the Chargers O right now.

                I figured you would pick the Pats.
                sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                  Almost don't count! Atlanta is a dome stadium like the Saints home stadium and the Saints play there every year. I don't think that will have an effect on the Saints.
                  No, but the crowd noise won't be there...and the Saints gave up a ton of points to the Falcons in that same stadium this year. They have not been playing great football over the past month, and Payton made it even worse by sitting Brees yesterday. I can see Brees rusty in a couple of weeks.
                  Last edited by TommyBrady12; 12-31-2018, 09:03 AM.
                  Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                    I agree with this. KC in the AFC for sure. I actually have the Saints for NFC, but if Chicago gets past the Rams, they might get there too.
                    Chicago may not even get past the eagles, which was stupid for the Bears to let them into the post season. Foles is a streaky QB and he's on one of his hot streaks. Matt Nagy should have sat his players the entire second half of yesterday's game against Minnesota instead of going all out and letting the Eagles into the postseason.
                    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                      Chicago may not even get past the eagles, which was stupid for the Bears to let them into the post season. Foles is a streaky QB and he's on one of his hot streaks. Matt Nagy should have sat his players the entire second half of yesterday's game against Minnesota instead of going all out and letting the Eagles into the postseason.
                      I agree about Foles. He is a streaky Qb and may be on one of those hot streaks. The Eagles seem to rally around him which make the Eagles a dangerous team. Maybe Nagy thought the Eagles would be the easier way to go. I think Nagy might have made a mistake.
                      sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                      Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                      PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I guess any team that plays the Pats ill be pulling for but in all seriousness I probably wont be watching any of the playoff games since the Broncos are not participating. Its now on to basketball season. Go Nuggs!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                          I guess the same could be said about the Chargers O right now.

                          I figured you would pick the Pats.
                          not really because the chargers offense has been good all year up until week 16. the chiefs defense has been consistently bad all season. oh and the offensive dynamic is about to change with hunter henry coming back.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            not really because the chargers offense has been good all year up until week 16. the chiefs defense has been consistently bad all season. oh and the offensive dynamic is about to change with hunter henry coming back.
                            I dunno

                            rivers in the post + the ravens pressure defense



                            I don't see the bolts winning
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              not really because the chargers offense has been good all year up until week 16. the chiefs defense has been consistently bad all season. oh and the offensive dynamic is about to change with hunter henry coming back.
                              Hunter Henry is good, but he hasn’t played football all year. It’s tough to come back from an acl tear right away. Also, Gordon is banged up...
                              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X