Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I can’t believe anyone would say no to this.

Who cares if he behaved like a child this year. The man is a true top 5 receiver in the entire league. His production most likely cannot be found in the draft. At least not immediate impact.

I would take his impact and emotional baggage in a heartbeat.

People around here found ways to hate DT who was a humble good character guy because his production went down. Now you get a chance to repeat his early career production and y’all say no because he was unhappy with the Steelers.

Which I’ll remind all of you the Steelers have a history of players being “disgruntled” with them.

I would take AB in a heartbeat especially if the cost is only a second. And I hope it happens.
    If in fact Denver does draft a QB 1st round, there is no WR better to help him. Even if they do decide to ride with Keenum for one more year its not like he wasn't getting Sanders the ball. The fact is he was having one of his better years ever earlier in the season. If a bum like Keenum can get Sanders involved in games, do people really think he won't be able to find AB?? I want Denver to win games and nobody can convince me that adding him will actually hurt this team.

I am watching game day morning on the NFL network and Steve Smith is talking about this situation and saying its not AB that's the problem in Pitt, its Pitt that's the problem in Pitt. They have a history of disgruntled players, more than any other team. Ben gets a constant pass when things like this come up when he might actually be the most common factor. I think AB is going to be a fine teammate and being on the backend of his career he knows its all about winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      If in fact Denver does draft a QB 1st round, there is no WR better to help him. Even if they do decide to ride with Keenum for one more year its not like he wasn't getting Sanders the ball. The fact is he was having one of his better years ever earlier in the season. If a bum like Keenum can get Sanders involved in games, do people really think he won't be able to find AB?? I want Denver to win games and nobody can convince me that adding him will actually hurt this team.

I am watching game day morning on the NFL network and Steve Smith is talking about this situation and saying its not AB that's the problem in Pitt, its Pitt that's the problem in Pitt. They have a history of disgruntled players, more than any other team. Ben gets a constant pass when things like this come up when he might actually be the most common factor. I think AB is going to be a fine teammate and being on the backend of his career he knows its all about winning.
      I feel like it’s not just unhappy distribution of the ball either. Even though AB was paid I would imagine some of his frustration with the organization is him defending his teammate Bell.

Even if I personally think Bell was stupid to hold out. Teammates still tend to stick up for each other.
      sigpic

Comment

• For me it depends on his contract and things like his cap hit and is there an "out" if we wanted to move on from him or would we be stuck with a bad contract? Personally, I'd rather focus on fixing the Oline.

Comment

• We would owe him 12.5 a year. Steelers paid the signing bonus.
          Sanders is scheduled to make 12.5 next year

Emmanuel Sanders $12,937,500

Cut Sanders it will be 2 mil in dead money and plus 10mil to thecap.

We would owe Brwon less then 39mil for 3 years. Not sure how much is guaranteed but I don’t think it’s muxh

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            For me it depends on his contract and things like his cap hit and is there an "out" if we wanted to move on from him or would we be stuck with a bad contract? Personally, I'd rather focus on fixing the Oline.
            Yes, the oline and the QB situation have to be fixed regardless. And bringing AB here will not fix either.
            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
              We would owe him 12.5 a year. Steelers paid the signing bonus.

We would owe Brwon less then 39mil for 3 years. Not sure how much is guaranteed but I don’t think it’s muxh
              Looking at the numbers, this looks about right. For about 13 million a year you would have an elite receiver that forces defenses to focus on him. If you can stomach the character concerns, it would be worth looking into.

If the Broncos are looking to acquire him it's because the current roster isn't far along enough in development. Once Sanders left the offense immediately came to a grinding halt. Watching the games I rarely saw any of our receivers get separation, and that's against some of the weakest secondaries in the league. Even having one WR that can get separation quickly opens up the passing game tremendously.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• I agree AsainPA... wilthout knowing how Sanders body will respond would you rather have him at 13mil or AB at 13mil??

And I LOVE Sanders... he is one of my kids fav players. If they can trade DT for a 4th... they sure can cut Sanders!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                  We would owe him 12.5 a year. Steelers paid the signing bonus.

Cheap for one of the league's best. Denver can make that trade and still have plenty of cap space to handle the Oline, ILB and CB

Comment

• That’s my point... if you cut Sanders it’s bascally a wash on salaries since Pitt has to payout the bonuses ... so $$$ isn’t the issue with the trade...

Odell Beckham, Jr. $90,000,000$18,000,000
                    Antonio Brown $68,000,000 $17,000,000
                    Mike Evans $82,500,000 $16,500,000
                    DeAndre Hopkins $81,000,000$16,200,000
                    Brandin Cooks $81,000,000$16,200,000
                    Sammy Watkins $48,000,000$16,000,000
                    Jarvis Landry $75,500,000 $15,100,000
                    A.J. Green $60,000,000 $15,000,000
                    Davante Adams $58,000,000$14,500,000
                    Stefon Diggs $72,000,000 $14,400,000
                    Julio Jones $71,250,000 $14,250,000
                    Allen Robinson $42,000,000$14,000,000
                    Demaryius Thomas $70,000,000$14,000,000
                    TY Hilton $65,000,000 $13,000,000
                    Alshon Jeffery $52,000,000 $13,000,000
                    Doug Baldwin $46,000,000 $11,500,000
                    Keenan Allen $45,000,000 $11,250,000
                    DeSean Jackson $33,500,000$11,166,667
                    Emmanuel Sanders$33,000,00 $11,000,000

Look at that.... we got rid of DTs contract and Sanders is probably about to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I think you can find good players cheaper and who will be better team guys and actually help the young players mature both on the field and off of it. I'm not the biggest Sanders fan, but I would think that he'd be a better fit for that role than Brown.
                      I've said before that a player like Jermaine Kearse or even Golden Tate would probably be a better choice for a vet receiver to help development of the rookies, but it seems that the interest is in Antonio Brown. If that's who they want, I'm all for it because of how it'll change the offense. I would preferably want Sanders as well, but there must be some fear from the FO he isn't going to be healthy by week 1
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• No to Brown. A few reasons. 1. We don't have a QB to throw to him. Don't want to hear he will make Keenum better. If Keenum was going to be better he would have with DT and ES. 2. Price. Don't want to give up a high draft pick for him. And take on a big contract.. 3. Brown is older and on the decline. If we wanted an aging receiving we should have kept DT. 4. Don't need his behavior in the locker room.
                        Last edited by Colem9r; 01-13-2019, 06:57 AM.
                        sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

• I don't want AB ! He is a locker room Cancer. Look at the type of rookies we drafted last year. They was Team Captains or really respected. High character / Integrity type players that put the team first. AB is the exact opposite. His attitude could disrupt and or split the locker room. AB has proved that he believes he is better then the team. It really bothers me that he walked off and wouldn't answer calls from the team. THE TEAM that gave him that huge contract. I don't want that attitude in the locker room at all. That is just asking for issues. Look at T. Owens Hell of a receiver just a cancer in the locker room and a headache. How well did that work out for teams that gave him a shot ?

I would rather keep building the High Character and Team first narrative that almost everyone was so fond of last year. I still am. We don't NEED a WR at this point the young guns stepped up quite well while still trying to learn. We NEED O line, CB, ILB, and DT way more then a cry baby diva

Comment

• As bad as I want AB wearing orange and blue, the reality of him making it here isnt good. Denver has plenty of holes to fill and a team like the Jets can offer more and in the end be more willing too

Comment

• Brown is not the guy you want on a team that’s not a contender.

He’s a bad 🍎.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Was it the Steelers that filmed and posted a video of Tomlin in the locker room, or was it Antonio Brown? AB’s behavior was unacceptable. Whether or not Roethlisberger was part of the issue when AB was a no show, you don’t flake out on your teammates. No way would Fangio want a selfish flake like AB on his roster - can’t count on a guy like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X