X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
    And while I can agree with your comment, elite wide receivers and running backs help get a team to a Superbowl.
    For the cost of AB ( or for a little bit more)we could get Amos and Mosley/ Callahan/or a legit RT

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why not just keep Cooper??
    Because they turned Cooper a 3rd and a 5th into Brown and a 1st.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    One more (for now)…..if the bar in the NFL includes cheating to win SBs, how terrible is having a so called diva on your team. It may not be met with joy from all fans, and it may cause some disruption if not handled properly, but is it cheating at a high level to win? I don't think so. I think this is more about character, and though I am big on character players, it is not a crime to sign the guy. The question is, can your organization handle him? At this point, name something about The Raiders that makes them fear the decision they've made.

I mean...imagine an AB from 2 years ago (even if we have to go back 3), would most of us have wanted that player on our roster? I would. Maybe Gruden and company know how to manage him. Maybe Gruden and company like having a star receiver on their side....one they can work with if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Wade turned it up in the playoffs. 22/23/13 PA
    No doubt...Wade's D did more than enough to win the SB but McVay (and the offense) just wasn't ready for 'The Moment of Truth'..

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    back on track we at least got 2 seconds for Brandon Marshall and he got 47.5 for 4 years with almost 29mil guaranteed from the fins

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why not just keep Cooper??
    For my thinking, Cooper was not a reliable player. He seemed to go in spurts. Could never trust him in FF, because he'd wow you and then do zippo. I have a theory that he will do well in Dallas for a while, and then slip back into his inconsistent ways. AB is a far better player.

And though many just think of AB being toxic, and some of it may be warranted, I keep hearing about his amazing work ethic in practice, plus his willingness to work with young players. Now, if Gruden and Mayock and others feel like they can work with him, the upside is worth the price.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-10-2019, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    I can't defend Wade or how pathetic that 'All Star' defense was last year but I thought Talib held his own when he played. I just remember the other corners/safeties being the ones that got burned all year.
    Wade turned it up in the playoffs. 22/23/13 PA

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Gave up a 3rd and a 5th. Brown goes from 0 guaranteed to over $30 mil guaranteed.

Top 5 receiver, maybe top 2. Still keep our first four picks.

I'm not mad. Cautiously optimistic.

His blonde stache + Vegas though...
    I think it's a good deal for you. Oakland has never shied from controversy. And I like their rebuild approach, with Mayock on board. Four great picks in the draft, and FA still alive. They will clearly use 2 or 3 selections on D, including a pass rusher, and probably add a good RB as well.
    Just not sure who is their QB...Carr? or Draft? or Trade?

Regardless, Oakland will score a few more points this year, and did not give up a load of draft capital.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by MHS View Post
    We still don’t win anything with him. Maybe one game.... Broncos were doomed because of OL injuries and horrible QB play.

I also read he became a nightmare in the lockerrrom because Elway got rid of his buddy Ward, which was a good move.
    A bad moves a bad move and remember is was VJ who pushed for Talibs exit......can you really blame Talib for calling Vance out? The man was in over his head but i get theres better ways of handling things then lashing out in the locker room.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    I can't defend Wade or how pathetic that 'All Star' defense was last year but I thought Talib held his own when he played. I just remember the other corners/safeties being the ones that got burned all year.
    I would like to have Talib back.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Plus he’s not getting paid $19m per year. I’ve always said it and still will, you do not pay top money for a WR. Elite wr do not help your team win a SB. When was the last time an elite (top 5) wr won a SB? Same goes for RBs.
    And while I can agree with your comment, elite wide receivers and running backs help get a team to a Superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Yea I don’t know about him being a top corner last year. That secondary with or without him go shredded.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    And yet he's still a top 3-5 corner, is still a starting #1 or #2 corner on any team and is still better than any corner on our roster including Harris, Jr., who I love and hope we extend.

And let's be honest...most of our defense 'gave up' on the team (Joseph, Woods & the offense that's been impotent since 2015). He was just one of the few fed up enough to speak out publicly.
    Yea I don’t know about him being a top corner last year. That secondary with or without him go shredded.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Except for the 97 yard play to Schuster in the game last season, the Broncos defense held Brown to 67 and Schuster 92 yards. Plays like the 97 yard pass to Schuster don’t happen often. Roby was burned on that play. Brown is talented but believing we’ll not be able to cover him assumes we won’t improve the secondary.
    I'm sure and/or hope we will, I'm just dreading if we have to go into next season with the current crop of corners we have now other than Harris, Jr..

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Getting rid of Talib was a smart move. He was getting older, he gave up on the team, and he had little guarantee left. So he saved a lot of money. He would have zero trade value this year. At his age and injury prone. Smart move.
    And yet he's still a top 3-5 corner, is still a starting #1 or #2 corner on any team and is still better than any corner on our roster including Harris, Jr., who I love and hope we extend.

And let's be honest...most of our defense 'gave up' on the team (Joseph, Woods & the offense that's been impotent since 2015). He was just one of the few fed up enough to speak out publicly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X