Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    In 2018 Antonio Brown ranked 58th with 12.5 yards per catch for WR/TE. Keep in mind that’s with a future HoF quarterback and one of the best offensive lines. Courtland Sutton ranked 5th with 16.8 yards per catch with one of the worst quarterbacks and an average makeshift line. Sutton was a rookie and should improve with more experience and coaching. The Broncos need a better quarterback and strengthen the line.
    That right there is reason enough not to take him.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      Yeah, picking the one stat he’s better than AB isn’t much of an argument. I would like a guy with twice the yards as Sutton, and twice the yards per game, and averages a TD per game. Sutton isn’t anywhere near AB’s league yet.
      I would like a better quarterback and offensive line. Sutton was targeted less than half that of AB. Sanders and DT were ahead of Sutton, he was a rookie after all. The Broncos offense didn’t have near the opportunities due to Keenum’s play. Defenses also had to account for Juju Smith-Schuster and their TE. No question AB is a talented receiver but I’ll pass. The Broncos don’t need AB filming the locker room and quitting on the team before a critical game. What good are those stats with the disruption and quitting on the team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
        That right there is reason enough not to take him.
        Look at the Rams vs Cowboys last night - the Rams line beat the Cowboys in the trenches. McVay is very good calling plays but the offense wouldn’t execute consistently without the way their line played. AB is a very talented player but what have the Steelers accomplished lately with him?

Comment

I would like a better quarterback and offensive line. Sutton was targeted less than half that of AB. Sanders and DT were ahead of Sutton, he was a rookie after all. The Broncos offense didn’t have near the opportunities due to Keenum’s play. Defenses also had to account for Juju Smith-Schuster and their TE. No question AB is a talented receiver but I’ll pass. The Broncos don’t need AB filming the locker room and quitting on the team before a critical game. What good are those stats with the disruption and quitting on the team?
          I guess I see the stats being near the same and the quitting and disruptions being not a factor here. Change of scenery can make a difference. Worth the risk for me. And like I stated earlier, if the price is a 2nd and 3rd, I feel he would produce more than those picks will next season and beyond.

If they are going full rebuild though, I can see passing on him. But if the goal is to be competitive next season, AB is a huge upgrade. And he and Sutton along with the run game can help stay competitive in this division.

Comment

I guess I see the stats being near the same and the quitting and disruptions being not a factor here. Change of scenery can make a difference.Worth the risk for me. And like I stated earlier, if the price is a 2nd and 3rd, I feel he would produce more than those picks will next season and beyond.

If they are going full rebuild though, I can see passing on him. But if the goal is to be competitive next season, AB is a huge upgrade. And he and Sutton along with the run game can help stay competitive in this division.
            I see the case for acquiring a player like Antonio Brown. Change in scenery may or may not make a difference. I think the odds are tilted toward the same issues. Players change scenery and sooner or later the issues re-surface (Chad Kelly).

Team chemistry is under appreciated - we can put our finger on statistics. I’ve seen this first hand with a local AAU basketball team. The team was undefeated over two league seasons under one coach. The coach changed with the same players. The coach designed the offense to center on one player (his son). A good player however the team began to recognize the changes were there to promote one player. It didn’t take long for the team to begin losing - losing to teams they previously dominated. Players start giving a little less because their contributions and talent are diminished.

Players like AB with their selfish behavior disrupt chemistry. It’s sometimes impossible to see the impact - maybe it’s another player not blocking, etc.

Give me a team with solid players with excellent chemistry and execution - they can beat a team with a diva like AB.

Comment

• Not that these are the worst possible things a player could do during his tenure with the franchise, but mortgaging away our future from early pics to get someone who has done the following since 2017:

• Brown took to Instagram to publicly call out his girlfriend and mother of his children for not taking care of her children from a previous relationship.
              • Brown skipped most of OTAs after he saw Roethlisberger wasn't there. Roethlisberger later admitted he had a pre-planned family vacation during the optional practices.

• Brown slammed the media on the first day of mandatory minicamp, appearing to question why he plays, saying, “Am I playing football to make a lot of money or am I playing football to take care of my family?” Brown continued, saying the media puts pressure on him and that he is unable to go out in public because of it.

• Brown showed up in a helicopter to training camp.

• Brown disappeared for a week during training camp. Mike Tomlin claimed that he had been sent to Pittsburgh for medical tests, but Brown was filmed in a pool in Miami.

• Brown reportedly called Bouchette a “racist” after Bouchette tweeted that Brown was limping at training camp. He then called Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter. Reportedly, Brown apologized to Bouchette.

• Brown showed up more than four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital, offering no explanation as to why he was so late.

• Brown makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

• Brown threatened to assault ESPN’s The Undefeated reporter Jesse Washington, saying “wait to I see you bro we gone see what your jaw like.” Brown then issued a public apology, then went on a strange tirade to media in which he called himself an ”exceptionalism.”

• Brown was spotted by CBS cameras hugging former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley during a game against Cleveland. He then was caught bragging about reaching 10,000 career receiving yards to Haley on team’s Snapchat, minutes after the 21-21 tie.

• Brown was seen yelling at his offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and wide receivers coach Darryl Drake on the sideline. He then left the locker room before media could ask him about it vs Chiefs.

• Brown tweeted "trade me let's find out" when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers public relations staffer Ryan Scarpino.

• Brown failed to show up for Monday meetings after the Chiefs game. He then told the media he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

• Brown was sued for trashing his Florida apartment and then claimed he had $80,000 in cash and a gun stolen from him. He was also sued for tossing furniture from the 14th floor of his apartment building, nearly hitting and, potentially, killing a 22-month-old toddler.

• Brown was cited for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour on McKnight Road, which was over 55 miles per hour more than the posted speed limit. Brown reportedly told police that he was late for a team meeting.

• Brown repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after Steelers losses, including a crucial 31-28 loss in New Orleans.

• Brown reportedly got into a disagreement with Roethlisberger in practice, throws a football at him and leaves practice.

• Brown reportedly skips the team’s walk through the day before Bengals game, shows up before the game, is told he won’t play and leaves at halftime.

All of these incidents, some major, some minor, have occurred since the last offseason. Brown, who will turn 31 in July, is set to have a base salary of $12,625,000 in 2019. He is signed through the 2021 season.

Source: https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...t-bizarre-year

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Not that these are the worst possible things a player could do during his tenure with the franchise, but mortgaging away our future from early pics to get someone who has done the following since 2017:
                Yea I would rather not trade for him... he has shown multiple times it is all about him and he will even quit on his teammates. Probably would be bad news for young offense and probably rooke QB
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                  Yes, exactly

What Thomas gave us is really under appreciated... One of the toughest broncos in history, no doubt
                  I disagree. He seemed to be hurt every game....and often avoided places he needed to go.

Comment

Look at the Rams vs Cowboys last night - the Rams line beat the Cowboys in the trenches. McVay is very good calling plays but the offense wouldn’t execute consistently without the way their line played. AB is a very talented player but what have the Steelers accomplished lately with him?
                    And I agree. Oline strength is so very very important to the success of an offence. More so than your QB, rbs and receivers. But then there is this also.
                    Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                    Yeah but all the discontent in the Steelers locker room may of had something to do with that. Regardless of how much talent you have on a team if they don't get along and there isn't a least a small amount of harmony within the rank and file you are not gonna win games.
                    Regardless of how good a team is as a whole... They gotta get along or they are not gonna win. And, the Steelers proved that this season.
                    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                      Not that these are the worst possible things a player could do during his tenure with the franchise, but mortgaging away our future from early pics to get someone who has done the following since 2017:
                      Totally understand the risk associated with him. But also since 2017 - 205 catches, 2800 yards, and 24 TD’s. He can be a headache, but he can produce unreal numbers. If they’re trying to win now, they need to at least look into getting him.

Comment

The threat of AB alone makes Denver’s offense better. If all it really takes is a 2nd rounder, sign me up. I highly doubt ANYBODY they draft in the 2nd round would be an all pro elite player next season. AB is and will be. IMHO
                        I share this and many other posters' take. We get an elite player for a reasonable price, given the talent. And his numbers have not dropped. He messes with other Ds game planning. We have great weapons on O, and need to find that QB, and an upgrade on the Oline to close the deal.

And as mentioned, I strongly believe Pittsburgh has more problems than one or two guys. I think Pittsburgh has become the problem.

Comment

• Big Ben has a history of pissing off his teammates. Remember Sanders comments about Ben when he came over and Wallace's after going to Miami. Now you have AB and Bell saying things.....

AB is obviously not the main problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                            Big Ben has a history of pissing off his teammates. Remember Sanders comments about Ben when he came over and Wallace's after going to Miami. Now you have AB and Bell saying things.....

AB is obviously not the main problem.
                            Brown would be a little over a $15 million Cap hit to the Broncos. They're projected to have a little over $45 million. That would leave less than $30 million to re-sign our players we want to keep and get some FA's to fill in the holes. It's pretty much not possible to do it without sacrificing something on our team in need. We have much higher priorities than a WR, IMO.

Comment

• Denver Do It Get AB !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                                Denver Do It Get AB !!
                                I guess people forgot that Elite WR and RB do no win you SBs anymore. They handy cap your cap and prevent you from improving the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X