No announcement yet.

Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know man! He does seem to have W.R.D. The dreaded Wide Reciever Disease. Why is that the #1 position in ALL of pro sports, where there are SO MANY PRIMA DONNAS???!!!??? It ain't even close either. I just don't think he would be worth the risk? Would be cool though to see him teamup with his old teammate Sanders though.
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• But wait, if we get AB we would still keep Sanders, right?
      Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

• To early to tell obviously but I get the feeling Fangio would be able to reign in AB, at least a lot more so than VJ would have been able to. Numbers wise I don't see how the addition would not make us instantly better. He's good at yards after the catch too, so I don't think we necessarily need a Brees or Brady to make him productive, he could help a rookie qb a lot. I think it would be worth the risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
          I agree AsainPA... wilthout knowing how Sanders body will respond would you rather have him at 13mil or AB at 13mil??

And I LOVE Sanders... he is one of my kids fav players. If they can trade DT for a 4th... they sure can cut Sanders!!!
          That questions is incorrect. Even if the money were a wash, we still have to pay with draft pick(s)

Some like myself don't want to part with what its reported the steelers are asking.

Comment

• I heard this morning the Steelers wanted at least a first so I think that puts these trade rumors to bed

Comment

• IMO AB will be a problem where ever he goes unless that team has a real good QB

That is not us at the moment.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I'd rather get DT back. Don't want any parts of a guy who is not about the team. I understand the "me" when it comes to their compensation. But week to week he's a team cancer. I wouldn't touch any player from the Steelers. They're all damaged goos as far as I'm concerned.
                #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  I'd rather get DT back. Don't want any parts of a guy who is not about the team. I understand the "me" when it comes to their compensation. But week to week he's a team cancer. I wouldn't touch any player from the Steelers. They're all damaged goos as far as I'm concerned.
                  I would personally rather go with the guys we got. IMO Sanders is a good vet leader for the young guys to grow we do not need another big dollar WR vet.

What we need is better team pass protection and better QB play. IMO we do not need a high dollar WR diverting money away from our efforts to fix other holes on the team specially when we have a few good young WRs
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Yea in a perfect world... problem is Sanders might not be Sanders anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                      I heard this morning the Steelers wanted at least a first so I think that puts these trade rumors to bed
                      They’re are also reports that if a trade happens with any team, it will likely be for a second.
                      Trade rumors are alive and well.

If Keenum is our QB next year, AB trade is pointless since the guy is not capable of throwing the ball down the field.
                      But if we improve at the QB position, I’m all for an AB trade. His contract isn’t horrible for a top 5 WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                        They’re are also reports that if a trade happens with any team, it will likely be for a second.
                        Trade rumors are alive and well.

If Keenum is our QB next year, AB trade is pointless since the guy is not capable of throwing the ball down the field.
                        But if we improve at the QB position, I’m all for an AB trade. His contract isn’t horrible for a top 5 WR.
                        How much of his claim to a top 5 Wr spot is due to him playing with a HoF Qb though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                          How much of his claim to a top 5 Wr spot is due to him playing with a HoF Qb though?
                          Having Big Ben throw him the ball certainly doesn’t hurt, which is why I think the trade would be pointless if Keenum was our starter next year. Keenum doesn’t have the ability to find his WRs down the field on a consistent basis. But if can improve at QB, find someone who isn’t afraid to throw the ball down field, AB could be a huge asset. We are weak at the WR position with the Sanders injury; we need to improve there.

Comment

• Of course he makes us better (assuming he can keep his head on straight, which is FAR from certain). But if we just wanted to “win now” and field the best team we would have kept DT. Do you not see the irony?

The entire thought process behind a rebuild is to accumulate draft capital and financial capital and begin developing younger talent in the hopes of making a run in a couple years, recognizing that trying to win now is futile if the team has too many holes. There’s usually short term pain associated with a rebuild but better than being permanently stuck in the mediocrity hole.

People who are screaming “AB makes us better” are missing the entire point and thinking like the Raiders used to and blowing money at marquee players when we’re actually far from contention.

Comment

• If coach Vic turns us into a top 5 Defense again like everyone says he will... then we aren’t far off at aSB run

Comment

• Get a dang line, and give WHOEVER our qb is some time and confidence to deliver a strike. Maybe then AB would be valuable to this team.

At this point in time.
                                We could have 4 Jerry Rice's and we'd still struggle to throw AND CATCH the ball....

Go OL and LB(or CB. Depends who's still on the board)this draft.

Then QB, CB(or LB) next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X