Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I guess we'll know this year based on what he gets in guarantees, but the reported numbers were $33 million over 2 years in guarantees from the Steelers on the long term deal.

    What happens this year if teams are only willing to guarantee him $14 million? What happens if he gets in a car accident and his career is cut short before he signs a new deal? What happens if he fails another drug test? He's only played 16 games once during his 5 year career, his numbers took in dip in 2017 from where they had been, and now he's sat out an entire year in a contract dispute. I don't know that teams will be rushing to give a player at that position with those circumstances a massive windfall.

    There are lots of what ifs for both sides, to me I think it's better to take the guarantee you definitely have, rather than doing something polarizing (especially as an RB) and hoping for a bigger guarantee in the future.

    But with that being said, the Jets, Bills, Texans and Raiders all have a lot of cap room and all could use an upgrade (or the chance to go younger) at RB, so maybe they'll create a bidding war and he will get paid?
    If he gets in a car accident there is always the chance he wins a lawsuit that pays him more than what Pittsburg guaranteed him.

    Comment


    • From CBS.com: (a July 2018 article)

      According to NFL.com, the Steelers made one final offer to Bell on Monday, just hours before the NFL's 4 p.m. ET deadline for teams to negotiate a new contract with their franchise player. The offer from the Steelers was worth a total of $70 million over five years (or $14 million per season). Although the offer would have given Bell the largest multi-year contract of any running back in the NFL, he turned it down, and one reason he likely did that, is because it was nowhere near his asking price, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of $17 million per season.
      One other reason Bell might have turned the deal down is because it apparently wasn't loaded with any substantial guarantees. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the contract included $33 million in guaranteed money, which was going to be paid out over the first two years. Rapoport also noted that the first three years of the deal would pay out $45 million (or $15 million per season), but didn't note if all of that money was guaranteed. As for the final two years of the deal, it seems that Bell had no guaranteed money. Of course, none of this matters now, since Bell didn't take the offer.


      So each camp is offer conflicting reports... lol...
      Last edited by EddieMac; 02-19-2019, 08:39 PM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        From CBS.com: (a July 2018 article)

        According to NFL.com, the Steelers made one final offer to Bell on Monday, just hours before the NFL's 4 p.m. ET deadline for teams to negotiate a new contract with their franchise player. The offer from the Steelers was worth a total of $70 million over five years (or $14 million per season). Although the offer would have given Bell the largest multi-year contract of any running back in the NFL, he turned it down, and one reason he likely did that, is because it was nowhere near his asking price, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of $17 million per season.
        One other reason Bell might have turned the deal down is because it apparently wasn't loaded with any substantial guarantees. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the contract included $33 million in guaranteed money, which was going to be paid out over the first two years. Rapoport also noted that the first three years of the deal would pay out $45 million (or $15 million per season), but didn't note if all of that money was guaranteed. As for the final two years of the deal, it seems that Bell had no guaranteed money. Of course, none of this matters now, since Bell didn't take the offer.
        That $33 million was “guaranteed” once it was trigger on certain dates over the first 2 years. Nothing was guaranteed past the first year.

        Unless there was another offer I didn’t see.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          You don’t have to trust the media. Just look at Browns twitter. Dude is a head case. Dude thinks about himself over others. Prime example was when he facetime in the locker room while Tomlin was giving a speech. That’s pretty immature.
          He's nuttier than a junkyard rat, but he'll probably get signed to a huge deal wherever he goes anyway. When you're good, everybody looks the other way.

          Comment


          • I hope he goes to the Colts. And the 49ers trade for Sanders after missing out on Brown

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
              I hope he goes to the Colts. And the 49ers trade for Sanders after missing out on Brown
              I hope the Steelers decide to stick it to him by sending him to one of the weaker teams, that helps our chances at getting him.

              Comment


              • [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                Adopted player Lindsey

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                  I don’t think Denver is a realistic option. I don’t see Brown wanting to deal with our QB issues, I also don’t see Elway giving up more than a 4th for him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    He's not going to get anywhere near the $15 million he refused in 2018. They may trumpet it as a 4 year $80 million contract, but it'll end up being a 1 or 2 year contract for $10 million per season and way less guaranteed than the value they'll sell the media. He gave away $15 million that he'll never get back.
                    Pigs get fed. Hogs, I hear are tasty.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      I guess we'll know this year based on what he gets in guarantees, but the reported numbers were $33 million over 2 years in guarantees from the Steelers on the long term deal.

                      What happens this year if teams are only willing to guarantee him $14 million? What happens if he gets in a car accident and his career is cut short before he signs a new deal? What happens if he fails another drug test? He's only played 16 games once during his 5 year career, his numbers took in dip in 2017 from where they had been, and now he's sat out an entire year in a contract dispute. I don't know that teams will be rushing to give a player at that position with those circumstances a massive windfall.

                      There are lots of what ifs for both sides, to me I think it's better to take the guarantee you definitely have, rather than doing something polarizing (especially as an RB) and hoping for a bigger guarantee in the future.

                      But with that being said, the Jets, Bills, Texans and Raiders all have a lot of cap room and all could use an upgrade (or the chance to go younger) at RB, so maybe they'll create a bidding war and he will get paid?
                      No tag, I see a potential bigger war on the horizon. I don’t think hits Gurley’s contract, but he should get close. Colts and Raiders are both good options. I don’t think he goes to the Jets, but I see them driving the price up.

                      Comment


                      • Wait, so the Broncos are 1 of the three teams looking to trade for Brown?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          Wait, so the Broncos are 1 of the three teams looking to trade for Brown?
                          Just read that on NFL.com.....that the most interested teams at this point are The Raiders, Broncos and Cards.

                          I am not against it folks. If we could manage him, he is still a star in this league. It would make Flacco, or any other QB, instantly better here. Plus we have other good weapons on O.

                          Comment


                          • He has become a total headcase and lockerroom cancer. This would be a move that would have far reaching implications outside of the salary.

                            Comment


                            • From Flacco's perspective this would be a dream. Go from playing him twice per year to throwing to him every day.

                              Comment


                              • Antonio Brown would be very bad for lockeroom. More so now since coaching changes and whatnot . He isnt about team . Hes all about himself . His little rant about "your gonna play by my rules" sealed it for me . He is a great player . Hes had a future HOF Qb throwing him the ball . Theres other Antonio Browns coming into the league . We have 2 to 3 promising young wrs and Sanders .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X