Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    As long as he is producing the AB numbers we are used to and the Broncos start winning I could care less how he acts.

For those asking would i be ok if the offense doesn’t produce with him? What difference does it make compared to winning 11 games in the past two years? It’s not like if he was a diva and it took our team from 11 win seasons down to 5 win seasons. We are talking about a team that won 11 in two years. The bar can’t exactly go lower by adding a diva. What locker room do y’all think he is going to destroy?

The risk to me is low but the reward high.
    I am not totally against the idea DB. I almost wonder if The Steelers as a whole went completely south last year, and the "killer bees" became "killing the steelers bees", and in fact, the team became even more under the microscope then in past....when they were winning more. Sure, I don't like some of his off the field statements. But if the risk was reasonable, one can imagine how great our WR group would be, and highly complementary to our young RB stud stable!

Regardless, I see him in Oakland. Like the Oakland we have come to know over the years....going with the bad boys. Some teams manage situations like that, and seem ok with it. The Pats are not averse to such challenges. You need strong management though, and have a shorter leash.

Whatever.....Brown will get paid pretty good to go to Oakland or someone else. He will be an on the field asset.

Comment

As long as he is producing the AB numbers we are used to and the Broncos start winning I could care less how he acts.

For those asking would i be ok if the offense doesn’t produce with him? What difference does it make compared to winning 11 games in the past two years? It’s not like if he was a diva and it took our team from 11 win seasons down to 5 win seasons. We are talking about a team that won 11 in two years. The bar can’t exactly go lower by adding a diva. What locker room do y’all think he is going to destroy?

The risk to me is low but the reward high.
      Well, AB made the Steelers locker room pretty toxic. I'm not saying it's all his fault. I think Big Ben and Tomlin are also responsible. At some point, though, guys like him wear out their welcome and the baggage outweighs the talent and production.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I am not totally against the idea DB. I almost wonder if The Steelers as a whole went completely south last year, and the "killer bees" became "killing the steelers bees", and in fact, the team became even more under the microscope then in past....when they were winning more. Sure, I don't like some of his off the field statements. But if the risk was reasonable, one can imagine how great our WR group would be, and highly complementary to our young RB stud stable!

Regardless, I see him in Oakland. Like the Oakland we have come to know over the years....going with the bad boys. Some teams manage situations like that, and seem ok with it. The Pats are not averse to such challenges. You need strong management though, and have a shorter leash.

Whatever.....Brown will get paid pretty good to go to Oakland or someone else. He will be an on the field asset.
        Completely agree Can. I see him being an elite prospect for whoever signs him for at least 3-4 more years. That’s all I would want out of him. Just like what we’ve gotten out of sanders in his second destination.

I just don’t see AB’s actions as all that bad compared to many other troubled players around the league. AB wasn’t disgruntled until long after Bell was. And Pittsburgh has a history of pissing off its star players. Why should I be so down on AB because he spoke out about it?

And like that comment freyaka posted of him calling Big Ben a fat Brock osweiler I’m sorry but that’s hilarious. He knows they won’t be teammates anymore. Why worry about hurting his feelings? Players talk a lot worse trash than that I gaurantee.
        sigpic

Comment

Completely agree Can. I see him being an elite prospect for whoever signs him for at least 3-4 more years. That’s all I would want out of him. Just like what we’ve gotten out of sanders in his second destination.

I just don’t see AB’s actions as all that bad compared to many other troubled players around the league. AB wasn’t disgruntled until long after Bell was. And Pittsburgh has a history of pissing off its star players. Why should I be so down on AB because he spoke out about it?

And like that comment freyaka posted of him calling Big Ben a fat Brock osweiler I’m sorry but that’s hilarious. He knows they won’t be teammates anymore. Why worry about hurting his feelings? Players talk a lot worse trash than that I gaurantee.
          I see your side DB, because I do believe that The 2018 Steelers were a train wreck, including players, coaching, ownership. Had Bell been signed for a decent raise, they win more games, and maybe we aren't even talking about any of this. I can guarantee that, if the media took aim, we would read stupid things that players say almost every day. Not saying AB is a saint,,,cuz he's not. But sometimes when folks want this, and that, and the other out of their team, they bi pass the basics, including winning. But aside from the issues being discussed, there is no doubt in my mind that AB has game changer ability, well beyond 2018.

Comment

• It doesn’t really matter anyway because the Broncos don’t intend to pursue AB for the cost.

So we will be finding out his value on anorher team. I just really hope he isn’t balling out for the Raiders making us wish we had got him.
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like it won’t happen but i would be stoked to have AB as a Bronco. Some of y’all need to realize this is the NFL and leave your moral compasses at home. It’s not like he pulled a Ray rice or a Hunt.

I’m curious how many of y’all would still be griping about the drama if we won a Super Bowl with him. I want players who improve this team and AB absolutely would do that.

He's on the wrong side of 30 and wants a big bump in guaranteed pay. No matter who pays that contract it'll be rewarding him for his play in Pittsburgh, not what he's going to do with his new team. Because his numbers are going to start dropping, especially in an offense that's less pass happy and doesn't have an established elite passer.

And it's not about morals to see that he's been a bad teammate in Pittsburgh.

Comment

It doesn’t really matter anyway because the Broncos don’t intend to pursue AB for the cost.

So we will be finding out his value on anorher team. I just really hope he isn’t balling out for the Raiders making us wish we had got him.
                I hope he does go to Oakland, because the circus of him, Bell and Murray playing for Jon Gruden would be hilarious as it imploded.

Comment

I see your side DB, because I do believe that The 2018 Steelers were a train wreck, including players, coaching, ownership. Had Bell been signed for a decent raise, they win more games, and maybe we aren't even talking about any of this. I can guarantee that, if the media took aim, we would read stupid things that players say almost every day. Not saying AB is a saint,,,cuz he's not. But sometimes when folks want this, and that, and the other out of their team, they bi pass the basics, including winning. But aside from the issues being discussed, there is no doubt in my mind that AB has game changer ability, well beyond 2018.
                  Winning at any cost isnt winning in my opinion. And ab isnt a low risk high reward due to how much he wants to get paid. We have a ton of holes to fill via free agency and the draft, so i fail to see how paying 1 wr 11+ will make us succeed.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    I hope he does go to Oakland, because the circus of him, Bell and Murray playing for Jon Gruden would be hilarious as it imploded.
                    I had a similar idea. I would love to watch that on Hard Knocks as they would inevitably be the team selected for it

Comment

Nonesense. The raiders will pay him even if no one else does.
                      Gruden and AB? That sounds like water and oil.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        Winning at any cost isnt winning in my opinion. And ab isnt a low risk high reward due to how much he wants to get paid. We have a ton of holes to fill via free agency and the draft, so i fail to see how paying 1 wr 11+ will make us succeed.
                        I respect your thoughts. And if I really dug into the details, I might not want this guy near our field either. Apparently, according to Gruden, AB is the hardest working guy in practice you will ever see. Now, if that be true, and if he zips up a bit, he could be an on the field star, a practice leader, and maybe....someone who learns to zip it a little.

Comment

I respect your thoughts. And if I really dug into the details, I might not want this guy near our field either. Apparently, according to Gruden, AB is the hardest working guy in practice you will ever see. Now, if that be true, and if he zips up a bit, he could be an on the field star, a practice leader, and maybe....someone who learns to zip it a little.
                          Sorry if i sounded confrontational there, wasnt my intention my friend. I was always taught to kill them with kindness and to walk softly and carry a big stick. To me right now ab has more bark than bite and we desperately need leaders on this team. I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I don't think people are seeing the whole picture here... People are quick to jump on the "AB's a cancer" bandwagon... Prior to this, nothing bad was ever said about him, he was well respected and highly regarded.

He's done dealing with Captain Fat Ozweiler at QB and ready to get on his way. This whole thing was calculated on his part. He wants the team to release him (not trade him) if he acts like a big enough fool, his trade value plummets and the steelers aren't going to be able to move him. He can then go where ever he wants. I guarantee you, you won't hear anything negative about him at his next destination. If you pay attention to the talk around the league regarding Big Ben, you know he's a worthless teammate who constantly berates others for his mistakes. I don't blame him for wanting off the team and I can't blame him for wanting to stick it to the steelers so that they get nothing out of him.Ben's behavior is constantly reinforced by the organization giving him free reign to behave however he wants. They openly defend his behavior.
                            sigpic

Comment

• https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...14819_28565453
                              sigpic

Comment

• He probably just nailed his football careers coffin shut himself with this,
                                "Brown made recent comments to ESPN that indicated he wouldn’t be accepting anything other than complete control over his situation, saying “I don’t even have to play football if I don’t want. I don’t even need the game, I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules. If not, I don’t need to play.”
                                I saw a tweet that was a televised commentary on his trade status and there was a....the thing that runs across the bottom of the screen, anyways it stated that the Steelers were asking "for any and all trade offers ASAP".
                                [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                                X