Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    I can't defend Wade or how pathetic that 'All Star' defense was last year but I thought Talib held his own when he played. I just remember the other corners/safeties being the ones that got burned all year.
    Wade turned it up in the playoffs. 22/23/13 PA

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      Why not just keep Cooper??
      For my thinking, Cooper was not a reliable player. He seemed to go in spurts. Could never trust him in FF, because he'd wow you and then do zippo. I have a theory that he will do well in Dallas for a while, and then slip back into his inconsistent ways. AB is a far better player.

And though many just think of AB being toxic, and some of it may be warranted, I keep hearing about his amazing work ethic in practice, plus his willingness to work with young players. Now, if Gruden and Mayock and others feel like they can work with him, the upside is worth the price.
      Last edited by CanDB; 03-10-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• back on track we at least got 2 seconds for Brandon Marshall and he got 47.5 for 4 years with almost 29mil guaranteed from the fins

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          Wade turned it up in the playoffs. 22/23/13 PA
          No doubt...Wade's D did more than enough to win the SB but McVay (and the offense) just wasn't ready for 'The Moment of Truth'..

Comment

• One more (for now)…..if the bar in the NFL includes cheating to win SBs, how terrible is having a so called diva on your team. It may not be met with joy from all fans, and it may cause some disruption if not handled properly, but is it cheating at a high level to win? I don't think so. I think this is more about character, and though I am big on character players, it is not a crime to sign the guy. The question is, can your organization handle him? At this point, name something about The Raiders that makes them fear the decision they've made.

I mean...imagine an AB from 2 years ago (even if we have to go back 3), would most of us have wanted that player on our roster? I would. Maybe Gruden and company know how to manage him. Maybe Gruden and company like having a star receiver on their side....one they can work with if necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Why not just keep Cooper??
              Because they turned Cooper a 3rd and a 5th into Brown and a 1st.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                And while I can agree with your comment, elite wide receivers and running backs help get a team to a Superbowl.
                For the cost of AB ( or for a little bit more)we could get Amos and Mosley/ Callahan/or a legit RT

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  The cap people! Denver doesn’t have the cap space for AB if they want to fix the whole team. Yes the draft picks were low for a top WR but it’s def still not worth it.
                  Sure we do. With the releases this week we have $40+ mil to spend. We could’ve given AB that contract extended Paradis and still had our top two round picks for other holes.
                  sigpic

Comment

For the cost of AB ( or for a little bit more)we could get Amos and Mosley/ Callahan/or a legit RT
                    Mosely is still expected to reach a deal with Baltimore to stay in the next few days. So no we probably couldn’t get him without putting up similar numbers to what AB is getting to blow him away compared to the ravens. Who he wants to stay with.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Sure we do. With the releases this week we have $40+ mil to spend. We could’ve given AB that contract extended Paradis and still had our top two round picks for other holes.
                      Lol so we don’t address the RT, S, CB , or LB. unless you are assuming those first two picks are going to fix that? You’re delusional to think we could afford AB. Let’s say we have $40m. AB $19+ Paradis $11 + $6-9 for rookies = $36-$39 on just them. What about other free agents we need to re-sign? Shelby? Or money we need to have during the season just incase of injuries. Come on. WR isn’t even a huge need for us also.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        Mosely is still expected to reach a deal with Baltimore to stay in the next few days. So no we probably couldn’t get him without putting up similar numbers to what AB is getting to blow him away compared to the ravens. Who he wants to stay with.
                        He was just an example there are also other LB you could get in FA. There are so many combinations you could go. Amos and Callahan and then draft White. I’d take those that over AB and the one pick with the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                          What's so amazing/ mind boggeling about this whole situation is that with this comment there are 415 total comments about Antonio Brown being traded from the Steelers.... and while he is fairly talented he isn't all that and a bag of chips.. His mouth is why nobody wants him. He is a problem child in the locker room. And with everything the Broncos have going on with what could be considered a complete rebuild do we really need any discontent from a loud mouth diva like AB?
                          Lost me when you said he is not all that. A person that's in top 3 of their position says otherwise.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Cap Number: $36.4m this is already with Stew release but not with Marsh and Case.

Trading Case:
                            We will only be eating 3.5 of so we save a total of $17.5 of his $21. 36.4+17.5= $53.9

Releasing Marsh: saves $4.8 mill coming to a total of $58.9

Adding Flacco: -$18m =$40.9.

So we will have $40.9
                            https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/
                            Last edited by Murph2432; 03-10-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Lol so we don’t address the RT, S, CB , or LB. unless you are assuming those first two picks are going to fix that? You’re delusional to think we could afford AB. Let’s say we have $40m. AB $19+ Paradis $11 + $6-9 for rookies = $36-$39 on just them. What about other free agents we need to re-sign? Shelby? Or money we need to have during the season just incase of injuries. Come on. WR isn’t even a huge need for us also.
                              Don’t understand why we need to resort to name calling but I think it’s dilusional to think we can fix every whole on this team with above average players in one offseason.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                                Lost me when you said he is not all that. A person that's in top 3 of their position says otherwise.
                                The one thing he is for sure....is talented! He will be top 10 all time in yardage with a few decent seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X