Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    I'm sure and/or hope we will, I'm just dreading if we have to go into next season with the current crop of corners we have now other than Harris, Jr..
    We’ll see how things play out for our secondary. As far as AB goes the Raiders sent a younger Amari Cooper with three 1000+ yard seasons to the Cowboys and got an older AB from the Steelers. AB is obviously still talented but comes with a risk to the locker room. We’ll see how it works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      Plus he’s not getting paid $19m per year. I’ve always said it and still will, you do not pay top money for a WR. Elite wr do not help your team win a SB. When was the last time an elite (top 5) wr won a SB? Same goes for RBs.
      If you play in the NFL and you perform you are entitled to get paid winning a Superbowl or not. Only 1 team can win the super bowl period. AMD since 2000 I think there has be what 8 different teams won the superbowl. If you are putting your body on the line for your team get paid. That is completely crazy to think only qbs oline, and des should get paid high. I highly doubt anyone who had a son in the NFL that paid wr, or rb you would tell them. You don't need to get paid bc your position is not valuable. Miss me with that.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Don’t understand why we need to resort to name calling but I think it’s dilusional to think we can fix every whole on this team with above average players in one offseason.
        Never said we could fix the whole team in one offseason but the beauty in my thinking is these guys are all younger. AB is 31 this year, that’s not really setting the future or present up For success besides a couple flashy seasons with a WR that would lead no where

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          I guess the UDFA that was among the runner-ups for OROY isn't explosive enough?
          Man stop that was one season. He did a great job. Hopefully he can do that again. And everyone knows we lucked up with that. Philip Lindsey can do that again then we will talk. And again we have not play makers on offense.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
            Lost me when you said he is not all that. A person that's in top 3 of their position says otherwise.
            That’s right. He has carried the Steelers to....

Oh yes.. no rings...and 4 playoff TDS in 10 games...

19mil/year is better spent in other areas...
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
              They should worry you. They have 3 1st rounders in this year’s draft and over $50 million to spend in FA. They have Mike Mayock running their board and we have frugal Elway (car salesman) waiting for the cheap deal.
              Agreed, we are getting left behind so bad in the AFC west

Comment

If you play in the NFL and you perform you are entitled to get paid winning a Superbowl or not. Only 1 team can win the super bowl period. AMD since 2000 I think there has be what 8 different teams won the superbowl. If you are putting your body on the line for your team get paid. That is completely crazy to think only qbs oline, and des should get paid high. I highly doubt anyone who had a son in the NFL that paid wr, or rb you would tell them. You don't need to get paid bc your position is not valuable. Miss me with that.
                You’re taking my statement completely wrong. I’m not saying they don’t deserve to get paid and some team should pay them that amount. I’m saying we shouldn’t because paying elite money to those position because you don’t need them to be successful. That being said, I’m not saying you don’t need good wr and rb. Just not elite WR and RB.

Comment

Agreed, we are getting left behind so bad in the AFC west
                  Yea we could easily get left behind. That’s why I think we need to make sure we hit FA hard for Defense. Building an elite defense in a division that’s going high powered offense may be our solution.

I know you’re not a fan of Flacco but Flacco has played well in some tough situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

But to be fair, a WR is not expected to win SBs, just because of what they bring. There are loads of top tier WRs who never got a ring. There are loads of top tier "players" including QBs who never won a championship.

If I can speak objectively, AB has game changing skills. He can get open for big chunks of yardage. Great hands, speed, moves, agility. He's taken some seriously dangerous hits, but keeps on coming. And as I mentioned, a practice freak, and one known to work with younger players.

I am not a big fan by any means, but if handled properly, he can be a huge asset on the field...and maybe a veteran presence in the practice zone.

But yes, he can be a risk, for the price/diva potential.

Comment

• The raiders are spending,., they got better...if they can use brown...

And maybe his 3 playoff wins in 8 seasons as a starter will improve...
                      sigpic

Comment

And your point? In that same timespan he has been with the team no one else has done the same...who on the Steelers have more pro bowls in that same time. Super bowls are not won by one person. Even if they did win qb usually get the MVP bc the NFL is dumb on that. How many td, catches, yards...and since brown been with Steelers what's has big ben done??????

Comment

And your point? In that same timespan he has been with the team no one else has done the same...who on the Steelers have more pro bowls in that same time. Super bowls are not won by one person. Even if they did win qb usually get the MVP bc the NFL is dumb on that. How many td, catches, yards...and since brown been with Steelers what's has big ben done??????

Uhhhh my point was pretty clear ....l9mil/yr is better spent on other areas.... if you want a complete team...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            Yea we could easily get left behind. That’s why I think we need to make sure we hit FA hard for Defense. Building an elite defense in a division that’s going high powered offense may be our solution.

I know you’re not a fan of Flacco but Flacco has played well in some tough situations.
                            Dont matter if our def holds then to 14-20 points if we can score...we old injury prone flacco, Sanders coming off season ending injury, 2 second era, no t.e., question oline, .....not seeing much scoring. Super bowl prove no matter how good ur def plays...if you can't score you will lose anyway.

Comment

• I see an internal collapse on the horizon.....

Comment

Uhhhh my point was pretty clear ....l9mil/yr is better spent on other areas.... if you want a complete team...
                                That's your opinion and you are entitled. Moving on. We agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X