Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    No, no, no, no, no.

No more journeyman quarterbacks. Teddy Bridgewater is only marginally better than Keenum.
    You know this how?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
      And the implication here is what? Because we're possibly going to replace keenum we could conjure up a passer better than Ben?? Mojo has a very important point.
      Why does the QB have to be better than Ben? Whose to say that the rookie we draft (assuming we are drafting one) wont be.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Once again...

He had Ben Roethlisberger throwing to him in the #1 passing offense in the NFL and was still disgruntled. Why on Earth would he be happy here in Denver in one of the statistically worst passing offenses over the past 4 seasons with Case Keenum?
        Doesn't he have a beef with Big Ben and Tomlin? Maybe he'd be happier just getting away from those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Why does the QB have to be better than Ben? Whose to say that the rookie we draft (assuming we are drafting one) wont be.
          My short post was a piggyback off something mojo posted which you quoted directly.... The reason being in keeping AB "happy" and not a total disruption which he is now,

And the question is essentially paraphrased, "If AB wasn't happy with Ben while producing HOF records, what reason is there to believe we can keep him happy here in Denver?"

In my opinion, a very sound and logical way to look at this. AB is the football embodiment of a "diva" and a "me first" kind of guy. Look how things have soured for us over the last few years. Can you imagine what kind of raucous he would have made here in Denver if he'd been on our roster the last few years? Right now he'd be holding out on US.

The best prediction of the future is to look at history-

Ya'll can dream up a hundred different hopes on how things might be better for him here in Denver... it's just not likely or logical.

Additionally, this all sounds highly speculative and I seriously doubt he has anything of a realistic chance of landing here.
          Last edited by Zealander; 01-12-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• I think we should talk to his agent and see what he's looking for, maybe we can make a deal.

Comment

• WHY ? Do not think he would fit into the new coach's way of thinking.

Comment

• If AB doesn’t want to be here since he has no choice it could be very bad.

Btw I’m ready for baseball!! That means it’s closer to September!!

Comment

• This would be colossally stupid and inconsistent on so many levels.

We finally go into a rebuilding mode and put faith in some of our younger players.

Then a month in we change gears and decide we need to pick up an aging All Pro when we are FAR from contention and don’t have a good QB, a known OC, or a stable locker room?

Just wow...

Comment

• Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                    This would be colossally stupid and inconsistent on so many levels.

We finally go into a rebuilding mode and put faith in some of our younger players.

Then a month in we change gears and decide we need to pick up an aging All Pro when we are FAR from contention and don’t have a good QB, a known OC, or a stable locker room?

Just wow...
                    If we draft a QB and he becomes the starter, you'll want to put talent around him to help him succeed and grow in confidence. I don't think having receivers 2 years into the league are what you want for him. It's better to out an established receiver in the mix to also force defenses to out their better defenders against him, giving the younger receivers a better chance to get looks.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• I have a different take on this.

I say bring him here. Here is why:

1. he needs to have boundaries set of what is OK and what isn't
                      2. He also needs a team who WONT let a QB drive a bus over him every-time THE QB makes a mistake
                      3. D.Hamilton - IMO has not been great and I think needs to be replaced

My idea for a trade package:

2018- 3rd Round + D.Hamilton + B.Langley + S.Cravens

I think two players on the back-end of the field in the DB spots might be welcomed in a trade. Plus we are able to offer up a younger WR. I also think that Brown would be a good WR to have Sutton and a soon to be drafted WR learn route running from. Even if only by example. I also like the idea of having a guy who is fast and shifty enough to get open at the top of his routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                        My short post was a piggyback off something mojo posted which you quoted directly.... The reason being in keeping AB "happy" and not a total disruption which he is now,

And the question is essentially paraphrased, "If AB wasn't happy with Ben while producing HOF records, what reason is there to believe we can keep him happy here in Denver?"

In my opinion, a very sound and logical way to look at this. AB is the football embodiment of a "diva" and a "me first" kind of guy. Look how things have soured for us over the last few years. Can you imagine what kind of raucous he would have made here in Denver if he'd been on our roster the last few years? Right now he'd be holding out on US.

The best prediction of the future is to look at history-

Ya'll can dream up a hundred different hopes on how things might be better for him here in Denver... it's just not likely or logical.

Additionally, this all sounds highly speculative and I seriously doubt he has anything of a realistic chance of landing here.
                        He's a selfish player, he doesn't care about who the QB is, he cares about the QB giving him his touches. He'd be happy getting 15 catches in a losing effort with Jamarcus Russell throwing him the ball. He's not going to be happy in a 3 catch win with Joe Montana distributing the rock.

The QB is irrelevant, winning is irrelevant. He wants his catches, that's it.

Now as you can see based on what I've said, I want nothing to do with him. But I think anyone arguing about who that QB is and how that will factor into his happiness really overlook the simple and obvious detail, he only cares about himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          I have a different take on this.

I say bring him here. Here is why:

1. he needs to have boundaries set of what is OK and what isn't
                          2. He also needs a team who WONT let a QB drive a bus over him every-time THE QB makes a mistake
                          3. D.Hamilton - IMO has not been great and I think needs to be replaced

My idea for a trade package:

2018- 3rd Round + D.Hamilton + B.Langley + S.Cravens

I think two players on the back-end of the field in the DB spots might be welcomed in a trade. Plus we are able to offer up a younger WR. I also think that Brown would be a good WR to have Sutton and a soon to be drafted WR learn route running from. Even if only by example. I also like the idea of having a guy who is fast and shifty enough to get open at the top of his routes.

You'd get rid of a rookie, because he wasn't "great" during his rookie season? That kind of defeats the whole idea of draft and develop that the Broncos are buying into, and why they hired Fangio.

And just putting this out there, comparing rookie seasons:
                          Brown: 9 games, 16 catches for 167 yards, 0 touchdowns
                          Hamilton: 14 games 5 starts, 30 catches for 243 yards and 2 TDs.

I'm not sure but it's almost like rookies maybe need time to develop into being better players?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            If we draft a QB and he becomes the starter, you'll want to put talent around him to help him succeed and grow in confidence. I don't think having receivers 2 years into the league are what you want for him. It's better to out an established receiver in the mix to also force defenses to out their better defenders against him, giving the younger receivers a better chance to get looks.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I think you can find good players cheaper and who will be better team guys and actually help the young players mature both on the field and off of it. I'm not the biggest Sanders fan, but I would think that he'd be a better fit for that role than Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              He's a selfish player, he doesn't care about who the QB is, he cares about the QB giving him his touches. He'd be happy getting 15 catches in a losing effort with Jamarcus Russell throwing him the ball. He's not going to be happy in a 3 catch win with Joe Montana distributing the rock.

The QB is irrelevant, winning is irrelevant. He wants his catches, that's it.

Now as you can see based on what I've said, I want nothing to do with him. But I think anyone arguing about who that QB is and how that will factor into his happiness really overlook the simple and obvious detail, he only cares about himself.
                              While I basically agree... Who the QB is matters insofar as the ability to consistently distribute the rock to him. No, the name on the Jersey won't matter if he gets his touches. No I don't really think he cares about winning ... Example, he bailed on his brothers in a time of need when his ego was hurt.

No, I also want nothing to do with him. How can anyone, really? He bailed on his team while they were still in contention....... That's as self centered as football can get.
                              Last edited by Zealander; 01-12-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• I hope it isn't true.

I understand how amazing Brown is. He's still in is prime, but is being paid TONS of money. He's a pure bred WR diva - sort of like the days of Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, etc.

I think we should focus our attention (and money for that matter) elsewhere. We drafted two young receivers last year - hopefully they'll continue to progress and improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X