Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
    While I basically agree... Who the QB is matters insofar as the ability to consistently distribute the rock to him. No, the name on the Jersey won't matter if he gets his touches. No I don't really think he cares about winning ... Example, he bailed on his brothers in a time of need when his ego was hurt.

No, I also want nothing to do with him. Good can anyone, really? He bailed on his team while they were still on contention....... That's as self centered as football can get.
    People wanted Thomas gone from Denver and accused him of not giving effort, after he went all out in a Super Bowl (in a losing effort) while playing with a separated shoulder. But then people went Denver to get a player who quit on his team 3 days before their biggest game because the QB yelled at him?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I agree with that but that still change that FACT that he would make this offense better.

Now, having said all I have on this matter, I dont think Elway should give up our 2nd for him. A 3rd and a 4th or both of our 4th pics... you bet all day and twice on Sunday I would make that trade
      No, it's not a fact his addition would make us better. It would be simply a condition of having more talent on the field. His ability to cause disruption and disorder to an offence should not be overlooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
        I hope it isn't true.

I understand how amazing Brown is. He's still in is prime, but is being paid TONS of money. He's a pure bred WR diva - sort of like the days of Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, etc.

I think we should focus our attention (and money for that matter) elsewhere. We drafted two young receivers last year - hopefully they'll continue to progress and improve.

If Denver were to acquire a diva WR with a massive contract and who will give them issues I'd rather have Beckham junior. He's younger, bigger and has an upside, Brown has reached his summit and will start declining going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          If Denver were to acquire a diva WR with a massive contract and who will give them issues I'd rather have Beckham junior. He's younger, bigger and has an upside, Brown has reached his summit and will start declining going forward.
          I would agree with that.

Comment

People wanted Thomas gone from Denver and accused him of not giving effort, after he went all out in a Super Bowl (in a losing effort) while playing with a separated shoulder. But then people went Denver to get a player who quit on his team 3 days before their biggest game because the QB yelled at him?
            Yes, exactly

What Thomas gave us is really under appreciated... One of the toughest broncos in history, no doubt

Comment

You'd get rid of a rookie, because he wasn't "great" during his rookie season? That kind of defeats the whole idea of draft and develop that the Broncos are buying into, and why they hired Fangio.

And just putting this out there, comparing rookie seasons:
              Brown: 9 games, 16 catches for 167 yards, 0 touchdowns
              Hamilton: 14 games 5 starts, 30 catches for 243 yards and 2 TDs.

I'm not sure but it's almost like rookies maybe need time to develop into being better players?
              I am perfectly fine with letting rookies develop. My issue with Hamilton is that he was, generally speaking, meant to be speed. That was meant to be in contrast to Sutton's size and catch radius. From what I saw Hamilton did not blow past our opponents as I thought he would and he struggled to get separation, what appeared to be, more often than not. So for me I'd see him as a great opportunity to bring in a top tier player. One would hope would compliment a rookie QB...perhaps.

Sutton stays. Maybe even Sanders stays as well giving us great and reliable WRs for a younger QB.

Will the AB trade work out....likely not but those were my thoughts.

Comment

Yes, exactly

What Thomas gave us is really under appreciated... One of the toughest broncos in history, no doubt
                mmmmmmm ... toughest? Well, I'll give you he played an awful lot. But the way he played a lot was like he avoided any contact that could create injury. Sometimes he played soft. Other times he played really great
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Hamilton is a well rounded receiver who can run the full route tree. He’s got decent size and gets in and out of his breaks with good quickness. He was never seen as a long speed guy. He’s a possession guy who will occasionally beat corners long because of his exceptional route running. He’s a much better receiver than Sutton. Sutton’s only redeeming grace this year was his size and athleticism.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    Hamilton is a well rounded receiver who can run the full route tree. He’s got decent size and gets in and out of his breaks with good quickness. He was never seen as a long speed guy. He’s a possession guy who will occasionally beat corners long because of his exceptional route running. He’s a much better receiver than Sutton. Sutton’s only redeeming grace this year was his size and athleticism.
                    I wouldn’t say better, because Sutton had some great athletic catches....but I agree Hamilton was the more relatable play to play for the reasons you describe of him.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Hamilton is a well rounded receiver who can run the full route tree. He’s got decent size and gets in and out of his breaks with good quickness. He was never seen as a long speed guy. He’s a possession guy who will occasionally beat corners long because of his exceptional route running. He’s a much better receiver than Sutton. Sutton’s only redeeming grace this year was his size and athleticism.
                      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      I wouldn’t say better, because Sutton had some great athletic catches....but I agree Hamilton was the more relatable play to play for the reasons you describe of him.
                      I'm a little worried about Sutton. A huge downfall of a receiver in the NFL is not being able to get off a corner. He seems to have the power, speed, and athletic build to get away from the jam, but that was the one glaring issue that I (and I think a lot of others) noticed from his rookie year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                        Thomas became an instant playmaker in the Texans before his injury. Our offense didn't know how to make the most of his talent and Brown wouldn't be a top 5 wr here
                        I thought we fired the old coaches and hired new coaches? Did we not fire the old coaches and hire new coaches?
                        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                          I thought we fired the old coaches and hired new coaches? Did we not fire the old coaches and hire new coaches?
                          same QB, and I get the feeling odds are its going to be same starting QB at least to start out.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            mmmmmmm ... toughest? Well, I'll give you he played an awful lot. But the way he played a lot was like he avoided any contact that could create injury. Sometimes he played soft. Other times he played really great

Demaryius Thomas produced 125 consecutive starts for the Denver Broncos at the time he left us, which ranked 4th among non quarterbacks in the NFL. In the mean time, five straight consecutive seasons of 90+ catches and 1,000+ yards... He ranks #2 all time Denver WR stats.

125 times in a row he suited up for us, and he was hurt..... a lot. And while people might call him "soft" for not sacrificing his body on the worst positions over the middle: he was out there. Every sunday, limping, beaten up, bruised up... he was out there because when #88 was on the field he commanded respect from the defense and he opened the playbook for the team. He put up numbers. Moved chains and scored TD's. He was never the problem with our offense but he was an answer. DT was the quintessential definition of a team player.

Call him soft... he was anything but soft. I understand what you are saying. I saw it too. He did shy away from some contact, he did drop some contested catches. He was hurt a lot more than he let on it, that's leaked out. Emmanual out performed him often and in these last years, in my mind ES has been our biggest wide out threat. But DT's presence meant a lot to this organization. Sutton has got some enormous shoes to fill; on the field, in the community, in the locker room...

AB can't do squat for us in the role DT played... Mr. "Me" AB, no thank you. Not where this team needs to go to get back to where we need to be. Not in our battle of inches. We need more guys like DT.
                            Last edited by Zealander; 01-13-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Demaryius Thomas produced 125 consecutive starts for the Denver Broncos at the time he left us, which ranked 4th among non quarterbacks in the NFL. In the mean time, five straight consecutive seasons of 90+ catches and 1,000+ yards... He ranks #2 all time Denver WR stats.

125 times in a row he suited up for us, and he was hurt..... a lot. And while people might call him "soft" for not sacrificing his body on the worst positions over the middle: he was out there. Every sunday, limping, beaten up, bruised up... he was out there because when #88 was on the field he commanded respect from the defense and he opened the playbook for the team. He put up numbers. Moved chains and scored TD's. He was never the problem with our offense but he was an answer. DT was the quintessential definition of a team player.

Call him soft... he was anything but soft. I understand what you are saying. I saw it too. He did shy away from some contact, he did drop some contested catches. He was hurt a lot more than he let on it, that's leaked out. Emmanual out performed him often and in these last years, in my mind ES has been our biggest wide out threat. But DT's presence meant a lot to this organization. Sutton has got some enormous shoes to fill; on the field, in the community, in the locker room...

AB can't do squat for us in the role DT played... Mr. "Me" AB, no thank you. Not where this team needs to go to get back to where we need to be. Not in our battle of inches. We need more guys like DT.
                              That's all good and I love DT, but I would rather have a player who misses a game every now and then to heal instead of a guy who just goes out there no matter what and gets injured worse and takes longer to heal because he wants to keep some streak alive.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

• I can’t believe anyone would say no to this.

Who cares if he behaved like a child this year. The man is a true top 5 receiver in the entire league. His production most likely cannot be found in the draft. At least not immediate impact.

I would take his impact and emotional baggage in a heartbeat.

People around here found ways to hate DT who was a humble good character guy because his production went down. Now you get a chance to repeat his early career production and y’all say no because he was unhappy with the Steelers.

Which I’ll remind all of you the Steelers have a history of players being “disgruntled” with them.

I would take AB in a heartbeat especially if the cost is only a second. And I hope it happens.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X