Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest QB of all time Elway or Manning?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SMR81;5797602[B
    ]How so?[/B]
    Eli was a very good football player in his prime. 2 super bowl rings, came up clutch in some big games, and was a big part of his super bowl wins. Elway is one of the greats, but again very much overrated.
    How old are ya seriously? Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about the game back then.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      elway isn't even top 5 all time........

      1. brady

      2. montana

      3. peyton manning

      4. Johnny Unitas

      5. marino
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
        How old are ya seriously? Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about the game back then.
        And why is that? Because I think Manning was the better QB?

        Most people will pick Manning over Elway in this debate. Most of the people that pick Elway over Manning live in Colorado.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
          John Elway vs Eli Manning is probably a better comparison.
          Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are really just on a different level than these older greats.
          LOL eli is trash, he's one of the worst SB winning starting QB's of all time. i would put elway in the 6-9 range all time, eli will be lucky to even make the HOF let alone be considered a top 10 all time QB like elway.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
            How so?
            Eli was a very good football player in his prime. 2 super bowl rings, came up clutch in some big games, and was a big part of his super bowl wins. Elway is one of the greats, but again very much overrated.
            eli has been mediocre his entire career, from day 1.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
              And why is that? Because I think Manning was the better QB?

              Most people will pick Manning over Elway in this debate. Most of the people that pick Elway over Manning live in Colorado.
              Because I don't think you grasp the difference in the eras.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                eli has been mediocre his entire career, from day 1.
                Eli is 50% all-time. He has been mediocre!!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  LOL eli is trash, he's one of the worst SB winning starting QB's of all time. i would put elway in the 6-9 range all time, eli will be lucky to even make the HOF let alone be considered a top 10 all time QB like elway.
                  Oh I don’t think Eli is a top 10 QB all time, but I do think the comparison between Eli and Elway is closer than a comparison between Elway and Peyton.

                  I would take Eli over Rivers any day of the week. Eli has at least shown the ability to come up clutch in big games, Rivers folds like a lawn chair.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                    Because I don't think you grasp the difference in the eras.
                    The era is irrelevant. Once you start playing the era game then you’re playing the what if game. Oh, what if Elway played in Manning’s era? Well, you have no idea how he would have performed. Elway played in an era where defenses were not as hard to beat. As time goes on, players get faster, stronger and smarter.
                    Watching both players play, Manning just looks like he’s on another level, never mind the stats.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                      The era is irrelevant. Once you start playing the era game then you’re playing the what if game. Oh, what if Elway played in Manning’s era? Well, you have no idea how he would have performed. Elway played in an era where defenses were not as hard to beat. As time goes on, players get faster, stronger and smarter.
                      Watching both players play, Manning just looks like he’s on another level, never mind the stats.
                      Proof you never watched Elway no matter who you choose between Elway and Manning......
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                        Proof you never watched Elway no matter who you choose between Elway and Manning......
                        Huh? Lol.

                        Players today are better than players 25 years ago, that’s a fact. If anything, your statements are showing you are just an Elway homer, which is cool but your not able to make an accurate comparison without complete bias toward Elway.

                        Manning was the better QB, hands down. Most experts and people involved with the NFL will have the same opinion.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          The era is irrelevant. Once you start playing the era game then you’re playing the what if game. Oh, what if Elway played in Manning’s era? Well, you have no idea how he would have performed. Elway played in an era where defenses were not as hard to beat. As time goes on, players get faster, stronger and smarter.
                          Watching both players play, Manning just looks like he’s on another level, never mind the stats.
                          Ah brotha go watch the 84 bears vs 84 raiders and then tell me if you still believe what you just said.

                          Jim Plunket had to finish the game with a broken hand because Ray Guy was too chicken to enter the game!

                          Jim McMahon was literally peeing blood after the game due to a lacerated kidney.
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-25-2019, 03:22 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                            Huh? Lol.

                            Players today are better than players 25 years ago, that’s a fact. If anything, your statements are showing you are just an Elway homer, which is cool but your not able to make an accurate comparison without complete bias toward Elway.

                            Manning was the better QB, hands down. Most experts and people involved with the NFL will have the same opinion.
                            I'm not an Elway Homer.... I'm trying to see if you understand the difference between the rules of todays game to when Elway played. By saying defenses are harder to beat now shows you have no idea about the past, hence you are younger and that's ok. Also, if you'd seen my first post on this topic on page one, I said they both could be considered the best due to their own aspects of the game.... The current NFL is and has been a passers league since 2000. The rules directly benefit the QB's game.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Ah brotha go watch the 84 bears vs 84 raiders and then tell me if you still believe what you just said.
                              One year doesn’t change much buddy. The players get better every year.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                Oh I don’t think Eli is a top 10 QB all time, but I do think the comparison between Eli and Elway is closer than a comparison between Elway and Peyton.

                                I would take Eli over Rivers any day of the week. Eli has at least shown the ability to come up clutch in big games, Rivers folds like a lawn chair.
                                LOL you mean like when his defense held a team that was averaging 38 ppg all season to 14 points? it's not like eli has always been clutch, either.

                                eli is trash, there isn't many QB's i wouldn't take over eli.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X