Melvin Gordon: Chargers Are The Team To Beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    that makes no sense. i gave you the choice, we can either bet that not one of the donkey players on offense makes the probowl or we can bet which offense scores more points. your excuse is you think there will be a tie? you seem to be scared to death to make that bet and i don't blame you.

what does a cp bet have to do with our already established sig bet? you are scared to make that cp bet and you tell me that i'm not getting off that easy? WTH are you on dude?

"Ya you’re not getting off that easy"

so you're saying lindsay doesn't come out on third down? he stays in the game except when he needs a break? because that's what an every down back is. spreading him out wide has nothing to do with being an every down back. the chargers did that with danny woodhead and he absolutely was not an every down back.

he may or may not be out there even more. just because hes being spread out wide in TC is not an indication that he will be out there more. he isn't an every down back, maybe he will be some day but due to his size i kinda doubt it.
    Sorry “Duh Darph”, I’ve been working a lot of hours these days so Forgive me if I don’t give your incoherent ramblings full attn.

I know it’s what you give me but I can’t return the favor right now because It’s kind of hard when someone (you) are so full of it ALL OF THE TIME

Yes I confused your CP bet proposal with our “already established sig bet” but you know, you talk about both of those things so damn much it’s not hard to confuse the two when it comes to you.

Haha You’re like Michael Scott asking for a life line with these predictions because you know the Chargers will eventually fail and everyone here knows why you do it and that is because you’re so insecure over what comes out of your mouth its always either a sig or CP bet with you!

Stupid predictions all day everyday “Duh Darph”. It’s clear that the Denver Broncos float your boat and I haven’t yet seen anybody else come on here and show so much criticism like you do, comparing their team of Losers to a great historical franchise like the Denver Broncos that has gotten through the playoffs and won a Super Bowl in this era.

However it is what it is and it is what you do, and everyone here knows that is has come to define you!

Again sorry oh and BTW Philip Lindsay is listed as a running back and as long as he is on the field full-time he will be considered an every down back.

Comment

i see i have to hold your hand and point out that its my opinion that rivers is the toughest QB in the league. i mean, he is a big dude just like you said, but then again, so is big ben and he's hurt all the time. the only QB in the league i would say is arguably as tough as rivers, ironically, is eli manning. sure eli is an inferior QB to rivers but he is tough, no doubt about it.

what is the point of me saying he's tough? weeeeeeelllll....if you actually read along like a big boy, you would have read the post where sam called rivers "soft". that was my reply....you see how that works? a donk fan says something dumb, then i reply.....

all that said, you actually said you would take flacco over rivers.......at that moment all credibility you may have had to begin with when flying south for the winter.
      If anybody needs their hand to be held it's you! You blindly dart into heavy traffic in this forum (intelligent Bronco fans posting) with no regard to your own safety (posting ridiculous thoughts aka "opinions" frequently) and expect everyone to believe you have extraordinary insight and that you have somehow precisely evaluated every QB, 1st - 2nd - 3rd string, on all 32 teams and state "Rivers is the toughest!" Why is it so difficult for you to respond to a statement from someone else without saying something that is much more inaccurate and horribly absurd. The only dumber thing you could have said is: "Rivers is the toughest QB to EVER play in the NFL and there WILL NEVER be a tougher QB for all time and eternity."

Now, for the statement I made regarding I'd take Flacco over Rivers. Not as the QB for my team but who might have a better chance to win a playoff game. My bad for not taking you by the hand and elaborate under what circumstances I would do that.

Hypothetically speaking, something you do all the time, let's say the Broncos and the Sparketts make it to the playoffs at the end of the 2019 season with similar records (it's possible in the NFL, division champ and wildcard) and the teams that our teams need to beat were of a similar caliber, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rivers choked and puked in their game due to lack of playoff winning history and making bonehead plays, and Flacco having great effectiveness and win the game due to his experience as a winner!

I know what your thinking along with many Bronco fans too! Those two games will not happen at the end of this year. And guess what baph, while not impossible, stranger things have happened, I agree that they won't take place for many reasons. But if they did happen, I think Flacco would have a decent chance to prevail and Rivers would have a bigger chance to fail, in my "opinion."
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

i see i have to hold your hand and point out that its my opinion that rivers is the toughest QB in the league. i mean, he is a big dude just like you said, but then again, so is big ben and he's hurt all the time. the only QB in the league i would say is arguably as tough as rivers, ironically, is eli manning. sure eli is an inferior QB to rivers but he is tough, no doubt about it.

what is the point of me saying he's tough? weeeeeeelllll
        if you actually read along like a big boy, you would have read the post where sam called rivers "soft". that was my reply....you see how that works? a donk fan says something dumb, then i reply.....
        If YOU actually read correctly, you’d see that I actually said (soft little Phaul•lus Rivers). You are the one that took upon yourself by assuming it was Philis, ya so even you feel the same about Philis as the rest of us do.

Originally posted by Duh I’m Darph
        all that said, you actually said you would take flacco over rivers.......at that moment all credibility you may have had to begin with when flying south for the winter.
        Flacco won a super bowl, nough said!
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-23-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Sorry “Duh Darph”, I’ve been working a lot of hours these days so Forgive me if I don’t give your incoherent ramblings full attn.

I know it’s what you give me but I can’t return the favor right now because It’s kind of hard when someone (you) are so full of it ALL OF THE TIME

Yes I confused your CP bet proposal with our “already established sig bet” but you know, you talk about both of those things so damn much it’s not hard to confuse the two when it comes to you.

Haha You’re like Michael Scott asking for a life line with these predictions because you know the Chargers will eventually fail and everyone here knows why you do it and that is because you’re so insecure over what comes out of your mouth its always either a sig or CP bet with you!

Stupid predictions all day everyday “Duh Darph”. It’s clear that the Denver Broncos float your boat and I haven’t yet seen anybody else come on here and show so much criticism like you do, comparing their team of Losers to a great historical franchise like the Denver Broncos that has gotten through the playoffs and won a Super Bowl in this era.

However it is what it is and it is what you do, and everyone here knows that is has come to define you!

TRANSLATION: "I embarrassed myself so i'm just gonna claim you're "full of it" then cry that you say too many bad things about the broncos. then refuse to take your bet, because just like you said.....i'm scared to death!"

Again sorry oh and BTW Philip Lindsay is listed as a running back and as long as he is on the field full-time he will be considered an every down back.
          he's not on the field full time though, is he?

melvin gordon average snaps per game 43.7 (#11 in the league)

philip lindsay average snaps per game 30.1 (#35 in the league)

linsday never took more than 41 snaps in any game, which was less than gordon's average.

he's not an every down or full time back.....he may develop into that but like i said, due to his size, i kind of doubt it.

yeah i'm "full of it" full of facts to unleash on your football ignorant ass!!
          Last edited by baphamet; 07-23-2019, 05:01 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            To be fair... they drafted rivers very high when Bree’s was young and healthy... a sigh they didn’t have faith in him...no blame for not re-signing Him post injury with rivers on the roster... but the lack of faith in him was there..
            yes, they drafted eli and traded him for rivers and draft picks. the reason being is prior to that brees was absolutely terrible. in 2003 (the year before that draft) LT had his second best season in his HOF career and they still ended up the worst team in football. brees got benched that year for doug flutie he was so bad.

so while you are accurate with that statement, to me it was justifiable that they lost faith in him at that point.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
              I see you post about top defenses, (one which is Bleacher Report to which I know is VERY reputable ).... I'm extremely happy that you found two writers opinion pieces on that topic. :thumb:

Now, I never claimed that Denver's defense will be better or not..... I placed a report from PFF of all places that was written after the week 17 post you placed in here that shows 3 current CB's in the top 10 and 1 Charger (here it is again for your reading pleasure https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-25-...he-nfl-in-2018). I'm not sure why you're arguing with me at all on this. I wasn't trying to argue, just adding my 2 cents.

Then, you post the PFF rankings that was made when?? Week 17 last season..... It still shows 2 Denver CB's in the top 10 and 1 Charger. I will give you that James would be up the list if it were a complete DB list, but that's about it.

Denver has Harris, Jackson, and Callahan.... The other pieces could be better.

LAC has King, James, and Hayward.... The other pieces could be better.

I guess that means that LAC pieces are far and away better?!?! This is where your Powder Blue glasses come in to play. I never claimed Denver was better, just stating that I think it's pretty close in that area.
              here ya go, stacks!

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking...019-nfl-season

4. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
              CB Casey Hayward
              CB Trevor Williams
              CB Desmond King II
              S Nasir Adderley
              S Derwin James

You could make a legit case that the Chargers’ secondary is home to the league’s best corner (Casey Hayward), safety (Derwin James) and slot corner (Desmond King). They’ll need Trevor Williams to bounce back in a big way after he was torched for a 132.1 passer rating before ending up on IR last season.
              11. DENVER BRONCOS
              CB Chris Harris Jr.
              CB Kareem Jackson
              CB Bryce Callahan
              S Justin Simmons
              S Will Parks

The Broncos log jam at slot cornerback is going to be interesting to see shake out. Chris Harris Jr. played 440 slot snaps last season for the Broncos and now they added Bryce Callahan and Kareem Jackson, who played 610 and 328 slot snaps, respectively, in 2018.
              sigpic

Comment

yes, they drafted eli and traded him for rivers and draft picks. the reason being is prior to that brees was absolutely terrible. in 2003 (the year before that draft) LT had his second best season in his HOF career and they still ended up the worst team in football. brees got benched that year for doug flutie he was so bad.

so while you are accurate with that statement, to me it was justifiable that they lost faith in him at that point.
                Brees was terrible, or was he on a terrible team? Based on what Brees became your team blew it!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Brees was terrible, or was he on a terrible team? Based on what Brees became your team blew it!!
                  is that why they returned virtually the same exact team the next year and he went to the pro bowl?

yeah, they blew it by replacing him with a future HOF'er

the chargers would likely still be ringless if brees was still the QB. don't act like brees doesn't choke in the playoffs, he has..... a lot. so has most great QB's. but all you see is rings and wins/losses. you wouldn't know a good QB if the threw a football and beamed you in the face with it.
                  sigpic

Comment

is that why they returned virtually the same exact team the next year and he went to the pro bowl?

the chargers would likely still be ringless if brees was still the QB. don't act like brees doesn't choke in the playoffs, he has..... a lot. so has most great QB's. but all you see is rings and wins/losses. you wouldn't know a good QB if the threw a football and beamed you in the face with it.
                    Same team?
                    1.Their oline was overhauled
                    TRoman Oben
                    GMike Goff
                    CNick hardwick
                    GToniu Fontinu
                    TShane Olivea

2. Antonio Gates had a year under his belt and vastly improved giving Brees a receiver he could count on

*3. Changed Defensive scheme went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and brought in a guy named Wade Phillips.
                    Went from the 31st ranked defense (pts allowed) to the 11th ranked squad.
                    Despite what you say coaches make a difference. Imagine how much Brees was playing in games where he wasn’t down by two scores.

4. Brees also got better like Gates, because some players need time ( look at Peyton Manning and Elways rookie seasons)

Who is a better all time Qb ?
                    Brees or Rivers
                    Sorry it was Brees, should have built around him!
                    Keep defending a dumb move by your loser franchise.
                    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-23-2019, 06:20 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

TRANSLATION: "I embarrassed myself so i'm just gonna claim you're "full of it" then cry that you say too many bad things about the broncos. then refuse to take your bet, because just like you said.....i'm scared to death!"

he's not on the field full time though, is he?

melvin gordon average snaps per game 43.7 (#11 in the league)

philip lindsay average snaps per game 30.1 (#35 in the league)

linsday never took more than 41 snaps in any game, which was less than gordon's average.

he's not an every down or full time back.....he may develop into that but like i said, due to his size, i kind of doubt it.

yeah i'm "full of it" full of facts to unleash on your football ignorant ass!!
                      “Football ignorant ass”, because I have faith in Denver receivers such as Desean Hamilton, Tim Patrick, Jordan Taylor, Juwann Winfrey, Autin Fort, Trinity Benson.

Have you ever seen film on any of them whether it be NFL or college?

It’s ignorant ppl like you that come up with crap like this
                      Bradley 82 on the top 100? Really?

Yeah he’ll be a lot higher than that by week 6 and he’ll definitely be a lot better than Bosa and Ingram.

Nobody’s embarrassed by you darph nor is anyone afraid. Yeah I made a mistake by confusing your childish proposals, big freakin deal, I admitted it but I in no way are afraid of you...

I just won’t give you or your idiotic cp bet ideas the satisfaction and that just chaps your ass.

Yes I feel denver has the potential at receiver. I know Denver’s defense will finish the season with more sacks than those homeless idiots residing in LA who’ve never won anything and for that I guess it makes me a “football ignorant ass”.

How about instead of sig bets and cp bets, you try swallowing your pride and grow up a bit.
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-24-2019, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I’ve never seen such ignorant denial. Nor have I ever seen someone lie to themselves to such an extend.

Yep Philis is a potential HOF’er but Brees has a ring.

Originally posted by Duh I’m Darph
                        Yep they would be, but don’t blame Brees for Spanos stupidity.
                        Not even Joe Montana or the great PFM could’ve helped that pathetic excuse for a franchise who couldn’t get out of their own way and you know that’s the truth.

Wait! To be a franchise they must have their own home.
                        Correction, that pathetic rabbel of semi pros.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-24-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Again...... The debate came up about CB's.... Denvers 3 ranked higher than SD's, except 1....

PFF, NFL, CBSSports, etc..... Editorials are just opinion based. It's arguable who has the best and I never said Denver had the better DB's. I do think they are pretty close to the same and not "Far and away better" as you said.

Being that all we have to go off of is the 2018 PFF grades, here's those grades.

CB Chris Harris Jr. - 85.5
                          CB Kareem Jackson - 85.7
                          CB Bryce Callahan - 81.4
                          S Justin Simmons - 60.9
                          S Will Parks - 74.0

CB Casey Hayward - 78.5
                          CB Trevor Williams - 61.0
                          CB Desmond King II - 90.4
                          S Nasir Adderley - NO GRADE
                          S Derwin James - 88.3

If we take PFF grades as our overall...... Denver has 3 CB's that rank over 80.00 and LAC has 1. Safety's, like I said in an earlier post, Denver's could be better. You have James who is arguably the best Safety right now but Adderley can't be graded until he transitions to the NFL. Parks 74.0 isn't horrible. Jackson is going to be playing more Safety I believe and if so, I guess we have a safety who graded out in the 80's as well.

With those grades, I'd hardly say LAC is far and away better.
                          Last edited by Stackhouser; 07-24-2019, 08:14 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                            Again...... The debate came up about CB's.... Denvers 3 ranked higher than SD's, except 1....

PFF, NFL, CBSSports, etc..... Editorials are just opinion based. It's arguable who has the best and I never said Denver had the better DB's. I do think they are pretty close to the same and not "Far and away better" as you said.

Being that all we have to go off of is the 2018 PFF grades, here's those grades.

CB Chris Harris Jr. - 85.5
                            CB Kareem Jackson - 85.7
                            CB Bryce Callahan - 81.4
                            S Justin Simmons - 60.9
                            S Will Parks - 74.0

CB Casey Hayward - 78.5
                            CB Trevor Williams - 61.0
                            CB Desmond King II - 90.4
                            S Nasir Adderley - NO GRADE
                            S Derwin James - 88.3

If we take PFF grades as our overall...... Denver has 3 CB's that rank over 80.00 and LAC has 1. Safety's, like I said in an earlier post, Denver's could be better. You have James who is arguably the best Safety right now but Adderley can't be graded until he transitions to the NFL. Parks 74.0 isn't horrible. Jackson is going to be playing more Safety I believe and if so, I guess we have a safety who graded out in the 80's as well.

With those grades, I'd hardly say LAC is far and away better.
                            Baphs wont give the addition of Fangio & Donatel any credit either, but then again he didn’t think Wade Phillips taking over SD defense in 04 helped ( went from 31st to 11th defense)
                            sigpic

Comment

• Rivers is never going to win a championship, and right or wrong, that's going to effect his legacy. I doubt he'll ever reach a SB, because he's probably going to have to beat somebody not named Peyton Manning to do it.

Here's the list of guys who beat Peyton Manning and didn't win a SB:
                              Steve McNair
                              Jay Fiedler
                              Chad Pennington
                              Mark Sanchez
                              Philip Rivers
                              Andrew Luck

So, yay regular season stats. Without that, there really isn't much to talk about where HoF is concerned. He gets points for longevity, but that also leads to more beatdowns at the hands of Tom Brady. And if Brady ever retires, he'll just lose to Roethlisberger or whoever. Maybe Patrick Mahomes gets hurt, Brady retires half way through the season, and Roethlisberger misses the playoffs again, Rivers and Luck can duke it out for choker supremacy.

Before anyone throws Dan Marino at me, Marino made it to the SB in his 2nd season, and managed 8 playoff wins in 17 years. He also won an MVP, and was a 3 time All Pro. Rivers has won 5 playoff games in 15 years, and has never received All Pro honors.

I'm not calling Rivers trash or anything. In a regular season game, I don't know if there's 5 quarterbacks in the league I'd rather have. Dude's an 8 time pro bowler and fringe HoFer. He's just not going to be remembered in the same breath with Drew Brees, unless we're talking about why SD traded Brees. Is that right or wrong? I dunno, but I know that Brees has the numbers, the accolades, and the post season success. That'll define him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                Rivers is never going to win a championship, and right or wrong, that's going to effect his legacy. I doubt he'll ever reach a SB, because he's probably going to have to beat somebody not named Peyton Manning to do it.

Here's the list of guys who beat Peyton Manning and didn't win a SB:
                                Steve McNair
                                Jay Fiedler
                                Chad Pennington
                                Mark Sanchez
                                Philip Rivers
                                Andrew Luck

So, yay regular season stats. Without that, there really isn't much to talk about where HoF is concerned. He gets points for longevity, but that also leads to more beatdowns at the hands of Tom Brady. And if Brady ever retires, he'll just lose to Roethlisberger or whoever. Maybe Patrick Mahomes gets hurt, Brady retires half way through the season, and Roethlisberger misses the playoffs again, Rivers and Luck can duke it out for choker supremacy.

Before anyone throws Dan Marino at me, Marino made it to the SB in his 2nd season, and managed 8 playoff wins in 17 years. He also won an MVP, and was a 3 time All Pro. Rivers has won 5 playoff games in 15 years, and has never received All Pro honors.

I'm not calling Rivers trash or anything. In a regular season game, I don't know if there's 5 quarterbacks in the league I'd rather have. Dude's an 8 time pro bowler and fringe HoFer. He's just not going to be remembered in the same breath with Drew Brees, unless we're talking about why SD traded Brees. Is that right or wrong? I dunno, but I know that Brees has the numbers, the accolades, and the post season success. That'll define him.
                                Yep, you basically pointed out that Rivers doesn't have the quality resume' needed for the HoF committee to even take a glance and consider him to be inducted. Nothing to see here folks, move along. I believe this is due to there being numerous other QB's with decent resume's when compared to Rivers and they are not in the HoF and probably won't be. Go online and check the stats of these excellent QB's.

Ken Anderson - Randal Cunningham - Boomer Esiason - Phil Simms
                                John Hadl - Roman Gabriel - Bernie Kosar - Jim Hart - Don Meredith

I'm just saying these QB's have resume's that are in the same neighborhood with Rivers resume'. Therefore, unless Rivers adds more greatness to his resume in the next 2 - 3 years, he'll be in the same boat as the above QB's. Waiting!
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X