Melvin Gordon: Chargers Are The Team To Beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He’ll use the excuse that it was the “mighty patriots” that beat his “greatest team on paper”.
    However a Brock Osweiler led Broncos beat the Pats a few seasons ago.
    “A broken down PFM” beat the Pats a few seasons ago.

So He’ll now come in and say “Denver’s D” was elite while proceeding to say his will be better because “this is not 2015”. However Denver’s defense will still be better than that disgusting mess in LA...

Darph grossly over enjoys lying to himself!
    I guess you haven’t heard, Jerry Tillery and Nasir Adderly are already finalist for rookie defensive player of the year according to baphs. Both pro bowl upgrades, the rest of the nfl just doesn’t know what Telesco knows. Guy has multiple almost superbowls and wins pff starting lineups as well.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      I guess you haven’t heard, Jerry Tillery and Nasir Adderly are already finalist for rookie defensive player of the year according to baphs. Both pro bowl upgrades, the rest of the nfl just doesn’t know what Telesco knows. Guy has multiple almost superbowls and wins pff starting lineups as well.
      Well you do know that NFL coaching staffs are pretty much becoming obsolete with PFF around and I thought Tillery was already a consideration for the pro football HOF!
      sigpic

Comment

Well you do know that NFL coaching staffs are pretty much becoming obsolete with PFF around and I thought Tillery was already a consideration for the pro football HOF!
        Generational talent!!
        Bummer for Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox cause he is a shoe in for all decade team, meaning one of them will end up on 2nd team.
        Telesco is amazing, if only we would have canned Elway, and brought him in........😑
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          oh i understand what you're saying clearly. you think because Chris Harris took a 12 million one year contract that gordon would do it too if telesco was somehow as smart as you.

let me break it down to your ignorant ass gain.

chris harris isn't even making top 10 money at his position (from a year by year basis) with that 12 million 1 year contract.

the chargers offered gordon a multi year contract that would have made him the 4th highest paid running back (from a year by year basis)

he called that disrespect

so you honestly think hes going to take only a 1 year contract for a few dollars more then possibly risk injury? what you seem to have no idea about is the fact that he could get hurt and screw himself out of millions of dollars. that's why he's holding out and that's why he likely doesn't report until week 10 no matter what.

in fact, gordon even said as much when he was talking about bell. his dad asked him if bell was going to sit out the entire year and he said "yeah......i would too. come back and get hurt, why?"

although gordon isn't sitting out the entire year because it literally gets him nothing. he's either going to take the contract offered to him (or possibly one very similar) or he's going to sit out to week 10 to preserve his body so he can stay healthy and get paid next season.

he's not going to take an offer like chris harris did so he can "come back and get hurt" and the fact that you think a good GM would force him into an offer like that is based on pure 100% ignorance.

no you don't get it do you...why would any rb take a ten mill one year contract over a long term one

geee I dunno . because he feels like hes worth more and he has no leverage to force a trade and the team refuses to pay him what he wants

once again I cant get any simpler, I have looked for ways to dumb it up so you get it

MG has few options since the bolts wont trade him, he can

1. take the chargers contract that he feels underpays him

2. hold out all year losing an accrual yr towards FA...and still be in the same boat next season

3. hold out ten games. losing most of his 5mill salary, and then playing for a contract in the remaining six...at a severely reduced salary missing ten games

4. rework current contract paying him an extra 5 mill or so this season with the agreement he will not be tagged next year...knowing he will earn 10 mill in 2019 and be a unrestricted free agent in 2020....and he can get his money from someone if not the chargers

its what good Gms do...they get their players in camp
          Last edited by arapaho; 08-05-2019, 10:28 AM.
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Bosa is awesome.......when he plays!!!!!!
            Ingram is great!!!!!........when Bosa Plays!!!
            Where was this amazing line in the playoffs?
            They got bullied!!!
            getting bullied is too nice

they got completely manhandled giving up 498 offensive yards, 4 rushing tds, 155 rushing yards, zero sacks, in fact only touched brady twice allowing 35 first half points

in fact they played five games against top ten scoring offenses and gave up

38, 35, 17, 30, 28...and if you include the pats game 41
            sigpic

Comment

chargers win the PFF best team award hands down every year didn't you know
              sigpic

Comment

he would have got a mention this year for sure if it wasn't for his red flag warnings...next year for sure
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  he would have got a mention this year for sure if it wasn't for his red flag warnings...next year for sure
                  Oh without a doubt but better not say anything positive about DeMarcus Walker or Dre’mont Jones and especially not on a Denver forum otherwise Darph will come in barking like a little kid, “Voltrons stupid, Optimus Prime is the bomb”.

Can’t even peacefully support our own team in our house!
                  Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-05-2019, 12:32 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

no you don't get it do you...why would any rb take a ten mill one year contract over a long term one

geee I dunno . because he feels like hes worth more and he has no leverage to force a trade and the team refuses to pay him what he wants

once again I cant get any simpler, I have looked for ways to dumb it up so you get it

MG has few options since the bolts wont trade him, he can

1. take the chargers contract that he feels underpays him

2. hold out all year losing an accrual yr towards FA...and still be in the same boat next season

3. hold out ten games. losing most of his 5mill salary, and then playing for a contract in the remaining six...at a severely reduced salary missing ten games

4. rework current contract paying him an extra 5 mill or so this season with the agreement he will not be tagged next year...knowing he will earn 10 mill in 2019 and be a unrestricted free agent in 2020....and he can get his money from someone if not the chargers

its what good Gms do...they get their players in camp
                    This is seriously idiotic. Gordon isn’t going to sign a one year contract. He literally said he would hold out because he doesn’t want to come back and get hurt without a long term contract.

His only choices are to sign the contract or hold out until week 10, period.

Just because another player at another position took a one year contract doesn’t mean Gordon would.

In fact I should ask Eric Williams that question on Twitter and watch him laugh at me.

It’s really really........really dumb.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is seriously idiotic. Gordon isn’t going to sign a one year contract. He literally said he would hold out because he doesn’t want to come back and get hurt without a long term contract.

His only choices are to sign the contract or hold out until week 10, period.

Just because another player at another position took a one year contract doesn’t mean Gordon would.

In fact I should ask Eric Williams that question on Twitter and watch him laugh at me.

It’s really really........really dumb.
                      are you in contact with him? no yes?

that's right you don't your making excuses for your Gm failing to get a key piece of your offense in camp

a good Gm would have him in camp...just like a good Gm would fix your oline
                      sigpic

Comment

are you in contact with him? no yes?

that's right you don't your making excuses for your Gm failing to get a key piece of your offense in camp

a good Gm would have him in camp...just like a good Gm would fix your oline
                        Umm I quoted him directly saying it ya freaking airhead!

His dad asked him if bell was going to hold out the whole year and this was his exact response.

“Yeah, I would too. Come back just to get hurt, why?”

That’s why he isn’t taking a one year contract, I don’t care who the gm is.

You can keep trying all day Arapaho but you just look foolish as hell doing it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Umm I quoted him directly saying it ya freaking airhead!

His dad asked him if bell was going to hold out the whole year and this was his exact response.

“Yeah, I would too. Come back just to get hurt, why?”

That’s why he isn’t taking a one year contract, I don’t care who the gm is.

You can keep trying all day Arapaho but you just look foolish as hell doing it.
                          and the reality of it is...he can hold out, all season if he wants and he will still be under contract next season, still looking for his big money on a team that doesn't think hes worth it...right?

so what benefit does holding out all year give him?

look for all I know the guy may be as stupid as you are and isn't getting it...just like you aint

but at this point under these situations, under these demands and refusals

the chargers adding to this years money, and letting him test the market in 2020 is his best option right after
                          getting a big new contract or being traded to someone who would...with the two last options clearly not happening

and again...if you was Gordon...what would you do
                          sigpic

Comment

chargers win the PFF best team award hands down every year didn't you know
                            Careful, Darph be like
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-05-2019, 02:46 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

and the reality of it is...he can hold out, all season if he wants and he will still be under contract next season, still looking for his big money on a team that doesn't think hes worth it...right?

so what benefit does holding out all year give him?
                              absolutely nothing, he would still be under contract. he's not going to hold out all season, come back to reality.

look for all I know the guy may be as stupid as you are and isn't getting it...just like you aint
                              i'm not getting it? you seem to be oblivious to the fact that he doesn't want to come back without a log term contract because if he gets hurt it could cost him 10's of millions of dollars.

it's exactly what the dude said and i get it. the problem is, you don't.

but at this point under these situations, under these demands and refusals

the chargers adding to this years money, and letting him test the market in 2020 is his best option right after
                              getting a big new contract or being traded to someone who would...with the two last options clearly not happening
                              maybe in your opinion it's his best option, but obviously not in his. he doesn't want to come back and get hurt just like he said. that's exactly why players hate the franchise tag in general but i bet you don't understand that either, do you?

and again...if you was Gordon...what would you do
                              if i was gordon and i had the same agenda as gordon....I would take the contract offered or one similar. the second most viable option is to sit out to week 10, then hit FA next year. however, he can still get hurt in that time which would cost him dearly or he could get tagged.

honestly, if i was gordon and hell bent on forcing a trade, i would start talking crap like AB did, getting the players to hate you and becoming a cancer is the best way to make that happen.

other than that, those are his options to get the best contract he can.
                              sigpic

Comment

Careful, Darph be like
                                as opposed to listening to you no nothing clowns? i'll take pff and pretty much everyone else in the world over your homer biased opinions.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X