Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melvin Gordon: Chargers Are The Team To Beat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    about what? gordon might be done as a charger player. i'll cp bet you not one dude on your offense will be a pro bowler. your only chance would be lindsay but you seem to think that flacco can be come back player of the year and that your WR group is stacked so you must be confident multiple dudes on offense will go to the probowl.

    or, if you like, we can cp bet witch offense scores more points? even without gordon that's an easy bet for me.
    No because it’ll look really stupid if we both won or lost, then what, it all offsets?

    Ya you’re not getting off that easy, I wanna see you sport the sig that is coming and you know it’ll be good.

    Now I don’t remember predicting that Flacco would become the come back player of the year. I may have said that it is possible or agreed with someone else that it could happen but anyway don’t confuse my faith in broncos players with your stupid predictions.

    You talk as if you have some kind of inside track. Lindsay not an every down back?

    Right now Lindsay is being used as a split wide out of the back field and he’s even lined up in the slot occasionally this camp.

    He will be on the field even more this season and he will make the pro bowl but before you say it’s not the same as an every down back, he will line up in the backfield on every play before he splits wide or does whatever he asked to do.

    Just keep flapping your beak!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      the history of QB's in SD is by far better than the history of QB's in Denver. elway has passed on multiple QB's in the draft better than what he has, do i really need to list them?

      what's hilarious is you saying rivers isn't that good but somehow think flacco is potential come back player of the year candidate

      rivers is probably the toughest QB in the league, saying he is "soft" is laughable.

      you are either trolling or extremely delusional.
      "the history of QB's in SD is by far better than the history of QB's in Denver".

      Please expand?!?! Just curious how you break this down....

      Both teams history shows 7 QB's good enough to take them to the Playoffs..... (NFL and AFL)

      Denver QB's bring 19 Post Season Wins.
      SD/LAC QB's bring 8 Post Season Wins in the NFL and 1 in the AFL.

      Denver QB's bring 8 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Championships.
      SD/LAC QB's bring 1 Super Bowl appearance.

      Denver QB's bring
      1 SB MVP
      2 League MVP's
      4 Pro Bowlers
      2 HOF


      SD/LAC QB's bring
      2 Pro Bowlers
      1 HOF (and maybe 1 more. We will see)


      We can break this down further if we want.... *I only put info for the QB's as they played on the DB and SD/LAC teams. Not when they played elsewhere.*
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
        "the history of QB's in SD is by far better than the history of QB's in Denver".

        Please expand?!?! Just curious how you break this down....

        Both teams history shows 7 QB's good enough to take them to the Playoffs..... (NFL and AFL)

        Denver QB's bring 19 Post Season Wins.
        SD/LAC QB's bring 8 Post Season Wins in the NFL and 1 in the AFL.

        Denver QB's bring 8 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Championships.
        SD/LAC QB's bring 1 Super Bowl appearance.

        Denver QB's bring
        1 SB MVP
        2 League MVP's
        4 Pro Bowlers
        2 HOF


        SD/LAC QB's bring
        2 Pro Bowlers
        1 HOF (and maybe 1 more. We will see)


        We can break this down further if we want.... *I only put info for the QB's as they played on the DB and SD/LAC teams. Not when they played elsewhere.*
        sure! i'd be happy to explain.

        you have had two QB's worth a crap in Denver. manning and elway, well ill give you 3 in jake the snake, who was decent.

        the charges have had

        drew brees (future HOF)
        dan fouts (HOF)
        phil rivers (borderline future HOF)
        john hadl (you could make a case for HOF)
        johnny unitas
        stan the man (who is a jake the snake level QB)

        sorry, but you lose. there have been more high level QB's in SD than in Denver, period....end of story.

        is that expansive enough for you?
        Last edited by baphamet; 07-22-2019, 03:17 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          No because it’ll look really stupid if we both won or lost, then what, it all offsets?
          that makes no sense. i gave you the choice, we can either bet that not one of the donkey players on offense makes the probowl or we can bet which offense scores more points. your excuse is you think there will be a tie? you seem to be scared to death to make that bet and i don't blame you.

          Ya you’re not getting off that easy, I wanna see you sport the sig that is coming and you know it’ll be good.
          what does a cp bet have to do with our already established sig bet? you are scared to make that cp bet and you tell me that i'm not getting off that easy? WTH are you on dude?

          Now I don’t remember predicting that Flacco would become the come back player of the year. I may have said that it is possible or agreed with someone else that it could happen but anyway don’t confuse my faith in broncos players with your stupid predictions.
          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Flacco under Scangarello and Mike Munchak will be the come back player of the year. Laugh if you want but I have a feeling Flacco and the Broncos are going to have a pretty season in 2019!
          "Ya you’re not getting off that easy"

          You talk as if you have some kind of inside track. Lindsay not an every down back?

          Right now Lindsay is being used as a split wide out of the back field and he’s even lined up in the slot occasionally this camp.
          so you're saying lindsay doesn't come out on third down? he stays in the game except when he needs a break? because that's what an every down back is. spreading him out wide has nothing to do with being an every down back. the chargers did that with danny woodhead and he absolutely was not an every down back.

          He will be on the field even more this season and he will make the pro bowl but before you say it’s not the same as an every down back, he will line up in the backfield on every play before he splits wide or does whatever he asked to do.

          Just keep flapping your beak!
          he may or may not be out there even more. just because hes being spread out wide in TC is not an indication that he will be out there more. he isn't an every down back, maybe he will be some day but due to his size i kinda doubt it.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            the history of QB's in SD is by far better than the history of QB's in Denver. elway has passed on multiple QB's in the draft better than what he has, do i really need to list them?

            what's hilarious is you saying rivers isn't that good but somehow think flacco is potential come back player of the year candidate

            rivers is probably the toughest QB in the league, saying he is "soft" is laughable.

            you are either trolling or extremely delusional.
            Here you go again spouting something lame and impossible to prove: "Rivers is probably the toughest QB in the league." There's no doubt Rivers is a tough dude. Most NFL players at 6' 5" and 225 lbs are able to take some pounding, get back up and move on to the next play. He might be ONE of the toughest QB's in the league but to "insinuate" that he is the toughest is totally impossible to prove. And even if you could positively, 100%, with out a doubt did prove that he was the toughest QB in the league, SO WHAT! That doesn't make him invincible. What is your point! What exactly does being THE TOUGHEST get him. NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! NO TROPHY! NO RING!
            Utah Bronco Freak

            Comment


            • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              sure! i'd be happy to explain.

              you have had two QB's worth a crap in Denver. manning and elway, well ill give you 3 in jake the snake, who was decent.

              the charges have had

              drew brees (future HOF)
              dan fouts (HOF)
              phil rivers (borderline future HOF)
              john hadl (you could make a case for HOF)
              johnny unitas
              stan the man (who is a jake the snake level QB)

              sorry, but you lose. there have been more high level QB's in SD than in Denver, period....end of story.

              is that expansive enough for you?
              The only thing the Chargers every did was draft Brees, they failed to build around him and the Saints turned him into a HOF.
              Fouts and Rivers are a poor and an even poorer mans version of Marino. Big numbers but never could win the big game.

              BTW: Craig Morton won more AFC Championships than Fouts and Rivers combined, and Denver’s QBs have combined for 8 Conference Titles and 3 Super Bowl Titles whole your gauntlet of HOF QBs have zero.
              Stan Humphries was the only guy to lead a team.
              Brees will go into the HOF a Saint so basically your HOF vs ours. Everyone who knows football takes Elway and Peyton over Fouts & Rivers.
              Last edited by 58Miller; 07-22-2019, 05:18 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                Here you go again spouting something lame and impossible to prove: "Rivers is probably the toughest QB in the league." There's no doubt Rivers is a tough dude. Most NFL players at 6' 5" and 225 lbs are able to take some pounding, get back up and move on to the next play. He might be ONE of the toughest QB's in the league but to "insinuate" that he is the toughest is totally impossible to prove. And even if you could positively, 100%, with out a doubt did prove that he was the toughest QB in the league, SO WHAT! That doesn't make him invincible. What is your point! What exactly does being THE TOUGHEST get him. NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! NO TROPHY! NO RING!
                i see i have to hold your hand and point out that its my opinion that rivers is the toughest QB in the league. i mean, he is a big dude just like you said, but then again, so is big ben and he's hurt all the time. the only QB in the league i would say is arguably as tough as rivers, ironically, is eli manning. sure eli is an inferior QB to rivers but he is tough, no doubt about it.

                what is the point of me saying he's tough? weeeeeeelllll....if you actually read along like a big boy, you would have read the post where sam called rivers "soft". that was my reply....you see how that works? a donk fan says something dumb, then i reply.....

                all that said, you actually said you would take flacco over rivers.......at that moment all credibility you may have had to begin with when flying south for the winter.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  The only thing the Chargers every did was draft Brees, they failed to build around him and the Saints turned him into a HOF.
                  Fouts and Rivers are a poor and an even poorer mans version of Marino. Big numbers but never could win the big game.

                  BTW: Craig Morton won more AFC Championships than Fouts and Rivers combined, and Denver’s QBs have combined for 8 Conference Titles and 3 Super Bowl Titles whole your gauntlet of HOF QBs have zero.
                  Stan Humphries was the only guy to lead a team.
                  Brees will go into the HOF a Saint so basically your HOF vs ours. Everyone who knows football takes Elway and Peyton over Fouts & Rivers.
                  what team did drew brees play for when he went to his first PB and first playoff appearance?

                  yes, peyton and john are both better than any QB the chargers have had but the chargers have had much more good quality QB's overall than the donkos.

                  you keep clinging to the "he won something so that alone must make him a better player" argument, only when it suits you of course. meanwhile, flacco is one of the worst QB's in the league and won a ring once, yet you personally believe he's a below average starting QB. you are so inconsistent with your opinions but i'm used to it by now.

                  oh and lastly, peyton manning will also go to the HOF as a colt, that really doesn't change the fact that the chargers drafted brees and developed him into a PB QB who got hurt.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    what team did drew brees play for when he went to his first PB and first playoff appearance?

                    yes, peyton and john are both better than any QB the chargers have had but the chargers have had much more good quality QB's overall than the donkos.

                    you keep clinging to the "he won something so that alone must make him a better player" argument, only when it suits you of course. meanwhile, flacco is one of the worst QB's in the league and won a ring once, yet you personally believe he's a below average starting QB. you are so inconsistent with your opinions but i'm used to it by now.

                    oh and lastly, peyton manning will also go to the HOF as a colt, that really doesn't change the fact that the chargers drafted brees and developed him into a PB QB who got hurt.
                    I’m gonna answer the same team that drafted Rivers’s instead of investing in him (Brees)!!!

                    And the QB argument is over with 8 Conference tittles and 3 Super Bowl Titles to 1 Conference Title and zero SB titles
                    🤫
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by baphamet View Post



                      where is lindsay at? and why is your second string bruiser up there?

                      linday is only good when he has room to run, he isn't an every down back (YET) and hes only played one season, behind a much better
                      OL than Gordon runs behind.
                      Lol I don’t need PFF

                      The stats speak for them selves... and completely show your full of it

                      You said and I quote

                      Lindsey isn’t as good against a stacked box

                      OR

                      3rd and 4th and Short !!’
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        all of that with peyton manning as the QB. how have the broncos done since losing manning?

                        20-28

                        0 playoff appearances.

                        you want to act like elway is such a great GM but ive been telling you for years that manning made him look better than he actually is.

                        the broncos can be mediocre or bad and you are just going to reference how good they used to be with manning.....if the broncos don't get on the right track soon elway is going to find himself jobless.

                        What has elway done since losing
                        A qb that is a alltime great

                        But what has telesco done with what you say is one of the best, and a HOF Qb in rivers

                        Uhhm

                        Well you had years of injuries where half your practice squad was on IR

                        Two years where you actually made the post
                        Even if one of those was only because the chiefs were locked in and didn’t play a single starter the entire W17 game against the bolts and rivers still needed a missed penalty on the SD defense on a last second Fg, preventing the win by the chiefs

                        Other then that and the measly two post season wins

                        NOTHING!!!
                        Last edited by arapaho; 07-22-2019, 08:41 PM.
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          Lol I don’t need PFF

                          The stats speak for them selves... and completely show your full of it

                          You said and I quote

                          Lindsey isn’t as good against a stacked box

                          OR

                          3rd and 4th and Short !!’
                          Fails to notice Royce Freeman on the list.

                          Rank these rb’s rookie seasons:
                          A. Lindsay
                          B. Royce Freeman
                          C, Gordon
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Fails to notice Royce Freeman on the list.

                            Rank these rb’s rookie seasons:
                            A. Lindsay
                            B. Royce Freeman
                            C, Gordon
                            He needs to watch Lindsey highlights

                            https://youtu.be/hY0UMDuGmCo
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              sure! i'd be happy to explain.

                              you have had two QB's worth a crap in Denver. manning and elway, well ill give you 3 in jake the snake, who was decent.

                              the charges have had

                              drew brees (future HOF)
                              dan fouts (HOF)
                              phil rivers (borderline future HOF)
                              john hadl (you could make a case for HOF)
                              johnny unitas
                              stan the man (who is a jake the snake level QB)

                              sorry, but you lose. there have been more high level QB's in SD than in Denver, period....end of story.

                              is that expansive enough for you?
                              Now now..... You don't get to claim any players that did nothing in SD/LA..... Just because they were on the team means zilch!!

                              Drew Brees did nothing in SD. He had one good season in SD (2004) and an okay season in 2005. Just because he made the PB once in a Chargers uniform means nothing either. He became the player he is in New Orleans..... Griese made the PB too, but he doesn't get any accolades!!

                              Johnny U???? Come on.....

                              Craig Morton had a pretty decent end of his career in Denver, lets not forget about him.

                              You can claim Fouts, Rivers, Hadl, and Humphries.

                              Elway > Fouts
                              Manning > Rivers
                              Hadl > Morton
                              Plummer = Humphries

                              SD/LAC has nothing to show for all those "high level" QB's......
                              Last edited by Stackhouser; 07-23-2019, 07:34 AM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                                Now now..... You don't get to claim any players that did nothing in SD/LA..... Just because they were on the team means zilch!!

                                Drew Brees did nothing in SD. He had one good season in SD (2004) and an okay season in 2005. Just because he made the PB once in a Chargers uniform means nothing either. He became the player he is in New Orleans..... Griese made the PB too, but he doesn't get any accolades!!

                                Johnny U???? Come on.....

                                Craig Morton had a pretty decent end of his career in Denver, lets not forget about him.

                                You can claim Fouts, Rivers, Hadl, and Humphries.

                                Elway > Fouts
                                Manning > Rivers
                                Hadl > Morton
                                Plummer = Humphries

                                SD/LAC has nothing to show for all those "high level" QB's......
                                Not do they do have the award for best 9-7 ever
                                Most underrated team circa 2012
                                First team to have the #1 defense and offense and not make the post

                                Worst special teams in history award
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X