Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Report: Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

    well there goes any hope of Fangio fixing the defense

    fire sell coming up
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

  • #2
    what exactly is von miller? chopped liver?

    i can only imagine if the broncos had the same issues with key injuries as the chargers, you would lose your damn mind

    chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways, he's graded out kinda poorly through his first 4 games. similar to his grades last year except he hasn't had the same production.

    if it makes you feel any better, the chargers lost melvin ingeram for a while too. no big deal, just another key injury for the chargers to endure.

    all smack aside, hope the dude is okay long term, key injuries do suck!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      what exactly is von miller? chopped liver?

      i can only imagine if the broncos had the same issues with key injuries as the chargers, you would lose your damn mind

      chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways, he's graded out kinda poorly through his first 4 games. similar to his grades last year except he hasn't had the same production.

      if it makes you feel any better, the chargers lost melvin ingeram for a while too. no big deal, just another key injury for the chargers to endure.

      all smack aside, hope the dude is okay long term, key injuries do suck!
      And you haven't been losing your mind this year with the Sparkler injuries....Mr. Injury drama queen? Why are Dolt injuries always so much worse than Bronco injuries. You state "Melvin Ingeram injury "no big deal" but it's a "another key injury". I think most people think key injuries ARE a big deal! Do you ever read the crap you post AND realize that you contradict yourself in the same sentence?

      Examples of your logic: It's a really bad injury but it's really not that bad! So yes it is but no it isn't. What?

      You suck at smack!
      Utah Bronco Freak

      Comment


      • #4
        Lousy news. Hate to see a player get injured. Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.
        Last edited by Mainrnxile; 10-01-2019, 04:38 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Perhaps we’ll get a good look at Malik Reed, he doesn’t need a bull rush or a spin move to win match ups, he just plays relentlessly. However we’ll most likely see Justin Hollins instead, which isn’t bad either since he’d be going back to his natural position after seeming so lost at ILB.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            what exactly is von miller? chopped liver?

            i can only imagine if the broncos had the same issues with key injuries as the chargers, you would lose your damn mind

            chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways, he's graded out kinda poorly through his first 4 games. similar to his grades last year except he hasn't had the same production.

            if it makes you feel any better, the chargers lost melvin ingeram for a while too. no big deal, just another key injury for the chargers to endure.

            all smack aside, hope the dude is okay long term, key injuries do suck!
            according to who you or PFFs weird stats ?

            so chubb wasn't playing well

            ………..tackles for loss...…..QB hits......QB pressures......sacks.....solo tackles

            chubb……….5...……………….6...………...10...……………..1...………. 16

            bosa………...3...……………….5...…………..9...……………..2...………. .10

            Melvin...……..3...………………3...………….6...……………….1...……… ..11


            chubb played better than either one of yours fool....ya melvins a key injury....but losing chubb for the year is no biggie
            Last edited by arapaho; 10-01-2019, 09:35 AM.
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              according to who you or PFFs weird stats ?

              so chubb wasn't playing well

              ………..tackles for loss...…..QB hits......QB pressures......sacks.....solo tackles

              chubb……….5...……………….6...………...10...……………..1...………. 16

              bosa………...3...……………….5...…………..9...……………..2...………. .10

              Melvin...……..3...………………3...………….6...……………….1...……… ..11


              Melvin played better than either one of yours fool....ya melvins a key injury....but losing chubb for the year is no biggie huh
              Losing Chubb is huge, I’m just glad it wasn’t a complete tear.

              I really hate this outside zone crap that both edge rushers are tasked with covering, it’s nothing more than a recipe for disaster when you consider the risk of possible broken ankles, knees or torn ligaments when attempting to change direction at high speeds for such big men.

              Fangio is a better coach than that and knows better however he is stubborn in his ways.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                Losing Chubb is huge, I’m just glad it wasn’t a complete tear.

                I really hate this outside zone crap that both edge rushers are tasked with covering, it’s nothing more than a recipe for disaster when you consider the risk of possible broken ankles, knees or torn ligaments when attempting to change direction at high speeds for such big men.

                Fangio is a better coach than that and knows better however he is stubborn in his ways.
                too many times we see them playing contain the qb instead of attack the qb, shelby is a huge disappointment coming off his last season and how he looked unblockable in preseason...he was supposed to provide that crush to the pocket that allows the edge to get there...he hasn't recorded a single QB hit or TFL

                Purcell is SH backup NT...he hasn't been active but one game!!! 17 snaps...seeing that SH has played 59 % of the defensive snaps on the year, and his back up has only played week one....what undersized DE does Fangio have playing NT?
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  according to who you or PFFs weird stats ?

                  so chubb wasn't playing well

                  ………..tackles for loss...…..QB hits......QB pressures......sacks.....solo tackles

                  chubb……….5...……………….6...………...10...……………..1...………. 16

                  bosa………...3...……………….5...…………..9...……………..2...………. .10

                  Melvin...……..3...………………3...………….6...……………….1...……… ..11


                  chubb played better than either one of yours fool....ya melvins a key injury....but losing chubb for the year is no biggie
                  chubb is the 81st ranked edge defender according to PFF

                  bosa is #3 (take a wild guess who #2 is? here's a hint, he was a bronco last year lol)

                  ingram is #43

                  i trust the scouts at PFF far more than i trust you simply looking at stat sheets, that will never change based on the argument i'm making.

                  i never said it wasn't a loss for you guys, i said it was actually (in another thread). you do have some key injuries that's hurt your defense, the chargers too. except they have been decimated even worse on offense.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    chubb is the 81st ranked edge defender according to PFF

                    bosa is #3 (take a wild guess who #2 is? here's a hint, he was a bronco last year lol)

                    ingram is #43

                    i trust the scouts at PFF far more than i trust you simply looking at stat sheets, that will never change based on the argument i'm making.

                    i never said it wasn't a loss for you guys, i said it was actually (in another thread). you do have some key injuries that's hurt your defense, the chargers too. except they have been decimated even worse on offense.
                    pff is not the best...it doesn't account for what the defenders responsibility in a play was, it doesn't account for being doubled, it doesn't account for playing a good oline, verses the crappiest oline in the game like Miami's...it doesn't account for a offense running up the gut on a team weak in the middle and avoiding the edge

                    when it takes a edge defender with more tackles for loss, more qb hits, more qb pressure, more solo tackles...everything a edge defender is to do....and ranks them 81 spots below a guy they have completely better stats than other that one more sack

                    their rankings are a joke
                    Last edited by arapaho; 10-01-2019, 01:39 PM.
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      pff is not the best...it doesn't account for what the defenders responsibility in a play was, it doesn't account for being doubled, it doesn't account for playing a good oline, verses the crappiest oline in the game like Miami's...it doesn't account for a offense running up the gut on a team weak in the middle and avoiding the edge

                      when it takes a edge defender with more tackles for loss, more qb hits, more qb pressure, more solo tackles...everything a edge defender is to do....and ranks them 81 spots below a guy they have completely better stats than other that one more sack

                      their rankings are a joke
                      every single NFL team pays for and uses their data, obviously they disagree.

                      that said, simply looking up stat sheets and not actually watching and evaluating each players performance is better in your opinion? seriously?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        too many times we see them playing contain the qb instead of attack the qb, shelby is a huge disappointment coming off his last season and how he looked unblockable in preseason...he was supposed to provide that crush to the pocket that allows the edge to get there...he hasn't recorded a single QB hit or TFL

                        Purcell is SH backup NT...he hasn't been active but one game!!! 17 snaps...seeing that SH has played 59 % of the defensive snaps on the year, and his back up has only played week one....what undersized DE does Fangio have playing NT?
                        You’re countering that argument now, two days later anyway I said “undersized interior linemen” meaning Dre’monte Jones and DeMarcus Walker not the nose tackle.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          You’re countering that argument now, two days later anyway I said “undersized interior linemen” meaning Dre’monte Jones and DeMarcus Walker not the nose tackle.
                          really?...then why did you just post it this morning at 9:23 am....and I responded 23 minutes later at 9:46 am

                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            every single NFL team pays for and uses their data, obviously they disagree.

                            that said, simply looking up stat sheets and not actually watching and evaluating each players performance is better in your opinion? seriously?
                            lmao ya lets not look at film, well just read a PFF grade

                            and PFF is a stat sheet moron...a compilation of stats...again it doesn't account for a multitude of circumstances that can effect each play...much like your Melvin is a top ten pass rusher because PFF says hes top ten in pressures per snap

                            disregarding he came in on pass rush downs only!!! disregarding the other players were all 3 down players who might play rush defense one play, drop into coverage the next...and so their pressures per def snap might not be as good as someone who just came in to rush the passer



                            Last edited by arapaho; 10-01-2019, 04:19 PM.
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              lmao ya lets not look at film, well just read a PFF grade

                              you didn't look at all three of them though, did you? the pff scouts did lol

                              tell me, when you are looking at the stat sheet to come to your conclusion about players you haven't watched much, how to you determine " the defenders responsibility in a play" or "a offense running up the gut on a team weak in the middle and avoiding the edge"?

                              looking up those stats does not tell you how efficient he was getting those stats. or if he was doubled (or trippled in bosa's case last weekend), it doesn't take into account any of that stuff you criticized pff for.

                              the real reason you criticize pff is because it contradicts your go to cherry picking stat watching bull crap smack you like to run frequently.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X