20 years of asteriskness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Right now, I'd call it a wash between NE vs Denver. Lock is not exactly a pro-bowler at this point in his career. Should be a good game. We have Bill, you don't.
    Bellichek is a great coach for sure, i don’t know if he can get much out of your roster. Brady left for I’m sure more than one reason, but the lack of weapons had to be one of them.
    I will probably make the trip out to Foxborough if ticket prices go down with no Tommy.
    sigpic

Comment

• So how many pats fans will be wearing #12 for the next year or two? He's playing there in '21 so that should be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Bellichek is a great coach for sure, i don’t know if he can get much out of your roster. Brady left for I’m sure more than one reason, but the lack of weapons had to be one of them.
        I wouldn't mind a high draft pick in 2021 either...

It was the fact Bill did not want to give Brady a long term contract as well as the lack of weapons. The team simply did not have any cap space to accommodate both Brady and high-priced WRs. Even now NE only has about $7 million in cap space.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Hey TB12.....if I visited your site, which I won't because I prefer to spend it here, or doing other things.....what would the people be saying? If you were me, you would be delving in, probably trying to create more division between members, and generally enjoying the ride. I can not speak for all of our members, but it's not something I would ever think of doing. But you do. Here. You love it when we are not doing well. And you can't wait to read our posts when we are not playing as well. That's why I don't care for folks that do what you do. Nothing personal, because I don't know if you are 60 years old, or 14. You are not a person to me, rather a presence. On some sort of mission, which seems so unproductive, given the success your team has had.

There must be more to it, because if I'm winning, I don't go looking around for this type of game. I enjoy all the good news at home.

So what's the game pal? You feel closer to us then to them? You have a "look how great me and my team are" situation?

"Qu'est-ce que c'est"

Comment

I wouldn't mind a high draft pick in 2021 either...

It was the fact Bill did not want to give Brady a long term contract as well as the lack of weapons. The team simply did not have any cap space to accommodate both Brady and high-priced WRs. Even now NE only has about $7 million in cap space.
            The patriots winning all these years with late 1st rd picks in the 20’s and 30th picks has been impressive. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats are able to still compete in that division.
            sigpic

Comment

Actually, my comment was mainly directed at you. It's not stupid at all to root for a player to win a championship if your own team is out of the playoff race. You don't think Indy fans rooted for Manning to do well after he went to Denver? And you call me stupid but don't even know the Pats don't play in the NFC East.

And again, I now have a Broncos forum addiction after being called out for not returning because Brady signed with another team. This is the definition of stupid. And you apologized for bringing my parents into the discussion a few months ago and there you go again bringing them up.

And I'd call you a Broncos fan, but you were cheering for the Chiefs, so I'm not sure what team you are a FAN of.
              I never called you stupid because stupid isn't the required and precise word to describe your warped thinking. There isn't strong enough adjectives in the English language to define your delusional defects. If I tried I would be banned from this forum instantly.

Hey "KING HYPOCRITE", you didn't answer my question. If you had two sons in the NFL and they played for different teams, how would you choose which team to be a fan of? According to you it can't be both, right?

Are you feeling a bit cowardly little Tampa Bay boy?
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                I never called you stupid because stupid isn't the required and precise word to describe your warped thinking. There isn't strong enough adjectives in the English language to define your delusional defects. If I tried I would be banned from this forum instantly.

Hey "KING HYPOCRITE", you didn't answer my question. If you had two sons in the NFL and they played for different teams, how would you choose which team to be a fan of? According to you it can't be both, right?

Are you feeling a bit cowardly little Tampa Bay boy?
                How are your Chiefs going to do this year?
                Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  The patriots winning all these years with late 1st rd picks in the 20’s and 30th picks has been impressive. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats are able to still compete in that division.
                  They like Jarrett Stidham a lot from what I hear. As long as Bill is there, the team will ultimately be competitive. It may not happen right away, but maybe 2021 and beyond the team will be pretty good.

Comment

They like Jarrett Stidham a lot from what I hear. As long as Bill is there, the team will ultimately be competitive. It may not happen right away, but maybe 2021 and beyond the team will be pretty good.
                    Is that before or after the use of the video cameras?

Comment

Let’s hope for a Stidham vs Lock Rivalry!
                      sigpic

Comment

How are your Chiefs going to do this year?
                        How are your Bucs doing these days?

You must have a Bucs #12 by now? Good price?/

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

You kiddin, cabin boy girl was ready 5 minutes into the story breaking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            You kiddin, cabin boy girl was ready 5 minutes into the story breaking!
                            I didn't think he had such good taste.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Maybe you should stick to your own national sport. Football is not your thing...

Comment

Maybe you should stick to your own national sport. Football is not your thing...
                                Ohhh that hurt so bad.

You mean hockey? Did you know that a Canadian invented basketball? Sorry that we play all the other sports of the world. So should we not be allowed to talk about soccer either, the most popular sport in the world? And did you know that there are a load of Canadian season ticket holders for various NFL teams....Bills, Vikes, Seahawks....to name a few.

Did you know: Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run on Canadian soil on September 5, 1914 at the former Hanlan's Point Stadium on Centre Island in Toronto. Ruth was playing for the Providence Grays against the Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team of the International League. And In 1946, Brooklyn Dodgers general manager Branch Rickey assigned new-signing Jackie Robinson to the Montreal Royals of the International League, Brooklyn's Triple-A farm team. Robinson would famously go on to break Major League Baseball's colour barrier the following year in 1947, but during his season in Montreal Robinson led the Royals to the Governors' Cup, the IL championship, and became a beloved figure in the city.

And did you know that The CFL actually outpaid The NFL for some players back in the day?

And if you never noticed, there are and have been a number of Canadian mods here. We love football and are very well versed!

And yes, one of the most beloved Owners in any sport - Pat Bowlen....Canadian.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 03-20-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X