Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hope rivers is the starter for many years to come

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i hope rivers is the starter for many years to come

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...an-still-do-it

    "But I know I can still do it, and I know I can still do it at a high enough level for us to win," he said. "I have not done it well enough this year, but I still do love to play, and love to lead these guys and this team. It's been an array of things that have compounded, to keep us from winning enough games to advance into the tournament."
    Rivers' arm-strength and accuracy aren't what we're accustomed to seeing from one of the best anticipatory throwers in the league. Far too often, he's chucked and prayed this season. Perhaps part of that is a faulty offensive line, or perhaps his aging arm is beginning to disintegrate.
    The 16-year pro doesn't think his play has fallen off that far.
    Last edited by arapaho; 12-23-2019, 01:09 PM.
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

  • #2
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...an-still-do-it

    "But I know I can still do it, and I know I can still do it at a high enough level for us to win," he said. "I have not done it well enough this year, but I still do love to play, and love to lead these guys and this team. It's been an array of things that have compounded, to keep us from winning enough games to advance into the tournament."
    Rivers' arm-strength and accuracy aren't what we're accustomed to seeing from one of the best anticipatory throwers in the league. Far too often, he's chucked and prayed this season. Perhaps part of that is a faulty offensive line, or perhaps his aging arm is beginning to disintegrate.
    The 16-year pro doesn't think his play has fallen off that far.
    I like the part where he says: "and love to lead these guys and this team"....."lead".....really!

    As in....."lead these guys / team" into the AFC West basement?

    That's about all he accomplished this year!
    Utah Bronco Freak

    Comment


    • #3
      I wouldn't mind Rivers as our backup QB at $15M/year.

      Lock, Rivers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
        I wouldn't mind Rivers as our backup QB at $15M/year.

        Lock, Rivers.
        Terrible situation

        As soon as lock has a bad game then all the bust cries and play rivers will be headline

        Hard pass
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          Terrible situation

          As soon as lock has a bad game then all the bust cries and play rivers will be headline

          Hard pass
          Is there such a thing as an ideal situation regarding QB2?

          What's the plan next year, if Lock goes down while the Broncos
          are in playoff contention?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
            Is there such a thing as an ideal situation regarding QB2?

            What's the plan next year, if Lock goes down while the Broncos
            are in playoff contention?
            Pretty sure it’s not a over the hill QB that is losing his arm and physical ability again
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
              i wouldn't mind rivers as our backup qb at $15m/year.

              Lock, rivers.
              Bite your tongue until it bleeds profusely!
              Utah Bronco Freak

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                Pretty sure it’s not a over the hill QB that is losing his arm and physical ability again
                Yes, we already have one of those QB's, why would we want two of them?
                Utah Bronco Freak

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  Pretty sure it’s not a over the hill QB that is losing his arm and physical ability again
                  OK. Then who would you want as your QB2?

                  Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                  Bite your tongue until it bleeds profusely!
                  Is there another option?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can I play? I hope elway is the broncos GM for years to come. One one of us is gonna get our wish
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh and I would take the chargers back up over any garbage QB that’s been in Denver since manning retired, including lock.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        Oh and I would take the chargers back up over any garbage QB that’s been in Denver since manning retired, including lock.

                        Sure you would... sure you would
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          Can I play? I hope elway is the broncos GM for years to come. One one of us is gonna get our wish
                          Me too cause I bet we get our 4th ring with elway before you even get to a Super Bowl with telesco
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            Oh and I would take the chargers back up over any garbage QB that’s been in Denver since manning retired, including lock.
                            I started watching The Office,
                            and you're Michael.

                            Or is it Angela?


                            Michael.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              I wouldn't mind Rivers as our backup QB at $15M/year.

                              Lock, Rivers.
                              Worst idea ever.

                              Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              Terrible situation

                              As soon as lock has a bad game then all the bust cries and play rivers will be headline

                              Hard pass
                              Exactly...

                              no thanks.
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X