Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm glad the season is over.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm glad the season is over.

    yeah i know i talked a lot of crap and deserve to be smacked for it, my team sucked. no it wasn't because they don't have good players, or because they had unprecedented injuries because this year they were relatively healthy, at least twords the end.

    here were the issues in my opinion:

    mistakes. the chargers have made key mistakes in every game, many lead directly to losing. drive killing penalties, penalties at the end of games (like the Denver game), but most of all the turnovers on offense that have lead to numerous losses.

    the chargers are dead last in turnover differential, that is a combination of lots of mistakes on offense and not enough takeaways on defense. I am somewhat happy with how the defense has been but nowhere near enough turnovers and not enough sacks.

    even though jerry tillery has gotten better as the season went on, there has not been a good enough push in the middle of the DL. sacks and pressure attribute greatly to causing turnovers and i think that's the biggest issue on defense right now. joey bosa and melvin ingram have both played well this season but the rest on the DL have not.

    rivers. he has not had a great season, arguably his worst. he has made a lot of dumb decisions, and his accuracy has been off at times while other times it's been as solid as ever. yes i think he can still play another year and be successful IF some things improve which i will explain below.

    the OL is of course another big part of it. if rivers was to play another year, they MUST drastically improve the pass protection and the run blocking. rivers at this stage of his career cannot have success without above average pass protection and a solid running game, he's had neither this season.

    I have my serious doubts they can fix this in just one off season, if they can't they should probably move on from rivers.

    there is no identity on offense. the chargers must bring in a new offensive mind or at the very least figure out what the hell they are trying to do. if they do the former, that's even more reason to move on from rivers.

    to me, all this stuff is fixable and i think they can bounce back. however, making it work with rivers next year might be the hardest path to success in my opinion, even though he brings so much to the team, similar to manning at the end even though he regressed.

    we will see what happens, the off season now officially begins.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Justin Simmons had a pretty damn good year. He was a top safety this year as I earlier predicted. Lol Again not saying he’s better than James but he did contribute more this season as I also predicted. Lol

    Anyway it’ll be interesting to see how LA approaches the NFL draft and what they decide to do at QB!

    Comment


    • #3
      Funny. I thought this was a bumped thread from October.

      Joking (slightly) but I can't wait to see our other new home stadium next year.

      Joking again (not really) but the Chargers will be a big story in the draft. You have Eli and possibly Rivers looking for new homes. What a strange story that would be to their parallel careers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Funny. I thought this was a bumped thread from October.

        Joking (slightly) but I can't wait to see our other new home stadium next year.

        Joking again (not really) but the Chargers will be a big story in the draft. You have Eli and possibly Rivers looking for new homes. What a strange story that would be to their parallel careers.
        This thread actually applies to the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders fans...
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          yeah i know i talked a lot of crap and deserve to be smacked for it, my team sucked. no it wasn't because they don't have good players, or because they had unprecedented injuries because this year they were relatively healthy, at least twords the end.

          here were the issues in my opinion:

          mistakes. the chargers have made key mistakes in every game, many lead directly to losing. drive killing penalties, penalties at the end of games (like the Denver game), but most of all the turnovers on offense that have lead to numerous losses.

          the chargers are dead last in turnover differential, that is a combination of lots of mistakes on offense and not enough takeaways on defense. I am somewhat happy with how the defense has been but nowhere near enough turnovers and not enough sacks.

          even though jerry tillery has gotten better as the season went on, there has not been a good enough push in the middle of the DL. sacks and pressure attribute greatly to causing turnovers and i think that's the biggest issue on defense right now. joey bosa and melvin ingram have both played well this season but the rest on the DL have not.

          rivers. he has not had a great season, arguably his worst. he has made a lot of dumb decisions, and his accuracy has been off at times while other times it's been as solid as ever. yes i think he can still play another year and be successful IF some things improve which i will explain below.

          the OL is of course another big part of it. if rivers was to play another year, they MUST drastically improve the pass protection and the run blocking. rivers at this stage of his career cannot have success without above average pass protection and a solid running game, he's had neither this season.

          I have my serious doubts they can fix this in just one off season, if they can't they should probably move on from rivers.

          there is no identity on offense. the chargers must bring in a new offensive mind or at the very least figure out what the hell they are trying to do. if they do the former, that's even more reason to move on from rivers.

          to me, all this stuff is fixable and i think they can bounce back. however, making it work with rivers next year might be the hardest path to success in my opinion, even though he brings so much to the team, similar to manning at the end even though he regressed.

          we will see what happens, the off season now officially begins.
          Nobody including me has said you don’t have good players

          But that your team overall as a whole, something you can’t grasp even since your “most well rounded team” blew up in your face, might not be as talented as you think

          I mean the broncos have like ten more sacks than the chargers and that’s with losing Chubb in week 4, and Wolfe who was leading the team in sacks

          We’ve had a mish mash defensive backfield all season, and despite the theory that Flacco was going to just manage the offense we played 8 games with some of the worst we play you can imagine

          And played with a back up guard at RT all year and the last two games with three lineman two who were on the PS

          And still won more games

          Sometimes you just gotta take it as the team isn’t as talented as you think
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
            This thread actually applies to the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders fans...
            No duh. That it is.

            No one will be surprised if it's also about the Pats in two weeks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              No duh. That it is.

              No one will be surprised if it's also about the Pats in two weeks.
              Probably one week, but we'll see how it goes...
              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                Probably one week, but we'll see how it goes...
                I just typed "I'll be shocked" but just thought that momentum might carry the Titans to the next round. But I still think the Pats D will do enough in a 27-17 victory.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Look on the bright side; you'll be able to copy and paste
                  your original post for years to come while we polish trophies.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                    This thread actually applies to the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders fans...

                    This thread only applies to the chargers and are only my thoughts. The chargers are in a good position to draft their future at QB, otherwise they will be stuck with guys like drew lock who have potential as a game manager and that’s about it.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                      Look on the bright side; you'll be able to copy and paste
                      your original post for years to come while we polish trophies.
                      So you’re saying your defense is going to carry an inept offense to another SB?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        This thread only applies to the chargers and are only my thoughts. The chargers are in a good position to draft their future at QB, otherwise they will be stuck with guys like drew lock who have potential as a game manager and that’s about it.
                        Keep telling yourself that..... I think the words coming out of the NFL Pundits hold a lot more weight than yours. But I guess we'll see.....
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                          Funny. I thought this was a bumped thread from October.

                          Joking (slightly) but I can't wait to see our other new home stadium next year.

                          Joking again (not really) but the Chargers will be a big story in the draft. You have Eli and possibly Rivers looking for new homes. What a strange story that would be to their parallel careers.
                          The new stadium would get taken over by most fan bases regardless if it’s the rams or the chargers playing.

                          I honestly can’t stand LA, wish the chargers moved entirely out of Southern California, only way they will ever have a solid fan base.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                            Keep telling yourself that..... I think the words coming out of the NFL Pundits hold a lot more weight than yours. But I guess we'll see.....
                            I’m just going by what I’ve actually seen. Don’t forget, the pundits said similar things about Trevor simian after he Had a few good games.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Justin Simmons had a pretty damn good year. He was a top safety this year as I earlier predicted. Lol Again not saying he’s better than James but he did contribute more this season as I also predicted. Lol

                              Anyway it’ll be interesting to see how LA approaches the NFL draft and what they decide to do at QB!
                              Derwin was injured though. I like how you mention you were right about that but fail to mention your prediction about chubb.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X