X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stackhouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Back to the argument over Mahomes possibility crippling the chiefs.

I understand that this the NFL and contracts can be structured certain ways but when it’s all said and done you still have to pay all of your star players and each of those star players have this ridiculous expectation of being the highest paid at their “respective position”. Ludicrous!

Anyway with as bad as John Elway has been in the draft prior to 2018, he’s actually made some pretty good moves to replace players like TJ Ward, Elvis Dumervil, DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker etc.

If not for blunders such as Juwann James, Menelik Watson, Donald Stephenson, BO and Paxton Lynch, Id say he’s done ok (aside from previous drafts).

The Broncos haven’t YET returned to stardom but they’ve been better than their record has indicated with really bad players at the QB position.

A GM can pay top dollar for a franchise QB and still post a winning team if he completely understands what he is doing. Elway really hasn’t understood this on offense as much as he has on defense. However dont look for any more bandages along the offensive line this off season.

With all the offensive minds on staff this year, they will have a voice in player personnel over the GM.

Together with the right minds on offense and defense the broncos will find some gems and post a good team even when it comes time to pay Drew Lock who I believe will succeed based on his Tim Tebow like desire to win in a Jay Cutler like body! <— Huge..
    Uh oh.............. Don't be optimistic in here.... You'll get slammed for it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Back to the argument over Mahomes possibility crippling the chiefs.

I understand that this the NFL and contracts can be structured certain ways but when it’s all said and done you still have to pay all of your star players and each of those star players have this ridiculous expectation of being the highest paid at their “respective position”. Ludicrous!

Anyway with as bad as John Elway has been in the draft prior to 2018, he’s actually made some pretty good moves to replace players like TJ Ward, Elvis Dumervil, DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker etc.

If not for blunders such as Juwann James, Menelik Watson, Donald Stephenson, BO and Paxton Lynch, Id say he’s done ok (aside from previous drafts).

The Broncos haven’t YET returned to stardom but they’ve been better than their record has indicated with really bad players at the QB position.

A GM can pay top dollar for a franchise QB and still post a winning team if he completely understands what he is doing. Elway really hasn’t understood this on offense as much as he has on defense. However dont look for any more bandages along the offensive line this off season.

With all the offensive minds on staff this year, they will have a voice in player personnel over the GM.

Together with the right minds on offense and defense the broncos will find some gems and post a good team even when it comes time to pay Drew Lock who I believe will succeed based on his Tim Tebow like desire to win in a Jay Cutler like body! <— Huge..
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-23-2020, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
    Well there are different degrees of mopping

To be fair the Ravens are the only team that truly mopped the floor with the pats I guess.
    The Ravens and Texans were the only teams that blew us out this year. We were in most of our games up until end.

Leave a comment:

• obi-groo
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Just like you did in the regular season game, right? You "mopped the floor" with us by a whole touchdown!
    Well there are different degrees of mopping

To be fair the Ravens are the only team that truly mopped the floor with the pats I guess.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 01-23-2020, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees that if KC had faced the Pats in the playoffs this year...the Chiefs would have mopped the floor with them.
    Just like you did in the regular season game, right? You "mopped the floor" with us by a whole touchdown!

Leave a comment:

• obi-groo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    I find it funny that if KC isn't playing the Pats* in the playoffs they can actually get to the Super Bowl. Also, love how teams collapsed against KC during these playoffs. Hope the 9ers wipe the floor with them.
    Pretty much everyone agrees that if KC had faced the Pats in the playoffs this year...the Chiefs would have mopped the floor with them.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    I find it funny that if KC isn't playing the Pats* in the playoffs they can actually get to the Super Bowl. Also, love how teams collapsed against KC during these playoffs. Hope the 9ers wipe the floor with them.
    Well you know, they’ve never hoisted the Lamar Hunt trophy until now so hopefully the league feels well accomplished with that much at least.

Then again why wait until next season to force a super bowl victory for KC, I mean Brady will be in his final season with possibly a new team and the league may just want to get him a 7th with another team!

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Hmmm....I do not mind KC. And yes, they have a starting canuck on their Oline, so I may be partial to that.

Truth is, I like players on both teams. And maybe not a popular thing to say, but I would like Andy Reid to win it all, given all the criticism he still gets.

Sure he mismanages the clock and such, but he is very popular with his players, and has helped KC become this powerhouse. If you want to see clock mismanagement, Shanahan has a pretty bad reputation after the Atlanta choke SB, when all they had to do was kill the clock, and all they did was stop it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    We have a Chiefs fan coming onto the Pats board and claiming that the torch has been passed from Brady to Mahomes as this generation's greatest QB. If Mahomes wants it, he's going to have to earn it.
    Heck....anyone can tell you that Brady's over the hill....and be correct. I can name a number of QBs that are better right now.

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    I'm torn on this one...... But will probably be pulling more for the 9ers. Lynch, Sanders, Shannahan ties,.......

My wife and my one confused child are Chiefs fans. For them, I'd like to see them enjoy what we as Broncos fans have enjoyed 3 times. Other than that small reason, I lean more 9ers.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    There are always exceptions. The P*ts have been in too many recent SB's to maintain any kind of blind loyalty to a conference. Also not a fan of the modern Steelers under Triplin and Rapistberger, nor the Ratbirds. And I never rooted for the Faiders in any SB and never will.
    So no, not rooting for another bitter division rival in the Chefs either. Mahomes is kind of a smug, arrogant diva who needs a dose of humble pie. GO NINERS!!! :hammer:
    Blech - I'll need a shower to clean off the shame after this Super Bowl. Despise the Chiefs, but probably hate the Niners even more.

I hope Mahomes puts up monster numbers and is the MVP...but only to boost his cap hit to KC when the new billion dollar contract is hammered out. Hopefully, crippling them economically...the monthly bill for Mahomes and Auto will just be too great for that house on the hill.

I wish the Titans had made it. For crying out loud...you're going up against Andy Reid in the playoffs - there's no excuse. :doh:

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
    The Chiefs are representing the AFC West, and the entire AFC. Why wouldn't you root for them? They're not the cheating Patriots. I will always root for the AFC to win as long as it isn't the cheaters. I would have loved to see the Titans win the SB, since they're in the AFC South. But now I'm with the Chiefs.
    Ya'll are crazy rooting for the NFC. That's like rooting for China in the Olympics.
    I agree. The only time I root for the "cheaters" (maybe an exception or two, depending) is when they play Dallas. I detest the Cowfelons organization and I always will. I'm glad they don't play each other very often.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
    The Chiefs are representing the AFC West, and the entire AFC. Why wouldn't you root for them? They're not the cheating Patriots. I will always root for the AFC to win as long as it isn't the cheaters. I would have loved to see the Titans win the SB, since they're in the AFC South. But now I'm with the Chiefs.
    Ya'll are crazy rooting for the NFC. That's like rooting for China in the Olympics.
    There are always exceptions. The P*ts have been in too many recent SB's to maintain any kind of blind loyalty to a conference. Also not a fan of the modern Steelers under Triplin and Rapistberger, nor the Ratbirds. And I never rooted for the Faiders in any SB and never will.
    So no, not rooting for another bitter division rival in the Chefs either. Mahomes is kind of a smug, arrogant diva who needs a dose of humble pie. GO NINERS!!! :hammer:

Leave a comment:

• obi-groo
    replied
    We have a Chiefs fan coming onto the Pats board and claiming that the torch has been passed from Brady to Mahomes as this generation's greatest QB. If Mahomes wants it, he's going to have to earn it.
    Of course he will have to earn it. I see no reason not to be confident that he will make a great go of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X