Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patriots docked third-round pick, fined $1.1M for filming Bengals' sideline

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Would have put this in NFL and all other team... but i am a realist, it’ll end up here...

    The New England Patriots were fined $1.1 million and docked a 2021 third-round draft pick by the NFL following an investigation into the filming of the Bengals' sideline during the 2019 season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday.
    The Patriots' team production crew also is barred from filming games this upcoming season, Garafolo added.
    The league has been investigating New England since it was revealed the Patriots had a videographer film the Bengals' sideline from the Cleveland press box during a game late in the 2019 season.
    At the time, the Patriots confirmed that the organization's video crew, independent of the football operation, did film the field while in the press box at the Bengals-Browns game. The Patriots said they reached out to the Browns for a credential for a videographer to shoot a behind-the-scenes piece on an advance scout as part of their "Do Your Job" video series.


    Oh those crazy cheat’n Pats.....
    It's an addiction. The NFL should require the Pats to attend videographers anonymous.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      It's an addiction. The NFL should require the Pats to attend videographers anonymous.
      I could see the NFL having the coaches, staff and players wear something similar.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
        I have 10 months to return it to Fanatics. And who says Cam is the starter anyway? Reports are he wasn't promised the starter's job and has to earn it.
        Now, be honest here..... Do you really think Cam WON'T be the starter??
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
          Now, be honest here..... Do you really think Cam WON'T be the starter??
          I think he'll end up the starter...not guaranteed though. He has to compete. I kinda like the signing TBH. He can work under Belichick and McDaniels and he is still young and talented.
          Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
            I think he'll end up the starter...not guaranteed though. He has to compete. I kinda like the signing TBH. He can work under Belichick and McDaniels and he is still young and talented.
            He is, but I don’t see how he turns this into a good offense. Do we think he can do what Tommy couldn’t? They’ll probably fool a few people with the triple option, but I wouldn’t expect much more. He is not the same guy he was a few years ago.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • #21
              The Patriots deserve this - if for no other reason than being dumb. I don’t know if BB knew this was happening, but if not, he should have.

              As for the CN signing, I’m conflicted. I’ve disliked many Pats players, but always considered the team above the player - But, he’s an insufferable glory hound. Hopefully he’s this year’s veteran who gets cut before the season.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
                The Patriots deserve this - if for no other reason than being dumb. I don’t know if BB knew this was happening, but if not, he should have.

                As for the CN signing, I’m conflicted. I’ve disliked many Pats players, but always considered the team above the player - But, he’s an insufferable glory hound. Hopefully he’s this year’s veteran who gets cut before the season.
                I’m hoping he survives until week 5.

                Mr Newton meet Mr Miller and Mr. Chubb.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  I’m hoping he survives until week 5.

                  Mr Newton meet Mr Miller and Mr. Chubb.
                  Miller has absolutely owned him every time they met....it would be nice to see that one more time,,,
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    Miller has absolutely owned him every time they met....it would be nice to see that one more time,,,
                    You should enjoy VM. A short season will help him, but he’s aging out. You better hope he’s better fixing drug tests then he was the last time....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
                      You should enjoy VM. A short season will help him, but he’s aging out. You better hope he’s better fixing drug tests then he was the last time....
                      Last time miller fixed a drug test he got busted for pot. Pot is now not something the nfl suspends for. So, likely not an issue. Also, it happened one time. Didnt chandler jones and gronk and a few other pats players get blackout crazy on some pills, punch belicheck in the eye and wake up on someone lawn and stuff. Right before a playoff game? They didnt get busted....Prob because there was no one Videoing it. So no need to test.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Miller will be just fine for a couple more years....and Cam better stay out of his way if he sees the field again..

                        Unless the pats find away to cheat Cam out of his way...
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          This is seriously getting old. Repetition does not make something automatically sound better or smarter
                          That May be but it wasn’t posted for your benefit.

                          They have asterisk trophies. It is what it is and I’ll continue to ruffle his feathers with truth here in SMACK.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            Miller will be just fine for a couple more years....and Cam better stay out of his way if he sees the field again..

                            Unless the pats find away to cheat Cam out of his way...
                            I think this will be his last year in Denver unless he takes a home grown discount however another team will still offer him slightly more which I think he’d accept!
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-29-2020, 07:58 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              I’m hoping he survives until week 5.

                              Mr Newton meet Mr Miller and Mr. Chubb.
                              Not worried. Newton is on a team with a better coaching staff. On the other hand, Drew Look is going to get clocked by the Patriots number 1 ranked D!
                              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                                Not worried. Newton is on a team with a better coaching staff. On the other hand, Drew Look is going to get clocked by the Patriots number 1 ranked D!
                                When has Newton ever listened to his coaching staff?

                                Going to be interesting to see the dynamics between a me first QB and a no nonsense “ do your job” coaching staff. Should be fun times in NE.

                                As for Lock, he is inexperienced. I would be shocked to see him come through a game against the Beli-cheat’s Pats defense unscathed. But the question all season will be can he do enough positive things and distribute the ball to the added playmakers.

                                We will see. Will the Pats put the pressure on Lock? Because I am pretty confident the Broncos will put it on Newton. And we have all seen how well Newton plays when pressured.

                                I can’t wait. Broncos just need to keep the “innocent” film crews away from practices and their communications intact. The game is in Foxboro after all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X