This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Or he gets his deal... and we see if mahomes , Clark...and just a bunch of guys can win for the next 10 years..
    If Jones ends up away from kc I will be happy
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Mahomes extension cost: $503 million dollars.

Arrowhead renovation cost: 375 million.

The most likely soon to be KC Wolves might as well paint Mahomes' face at midfield.

Does he deserve it? Yes. He ended a half a century drought and shows no sign of slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Mahomes extension cost: $503 million dollars.

Arrowhead renovation cost: 375 million.

The most likely soon to be KC Wolves might as well paint Mahomes' face at midfield.

Does he deserve it? Yes. He ended a half a century drought and shows no sign of slowing down.
        His numbers last year were nowhere near his 2018 numbers....25 TDs, 5 INTs and didn't even play well in the Super Bowl. It's a lot. The Chiefs are taking a big gamble that he returns to his 2018 form.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          Mahomes’ extension will be worth a whopping $450MM, Schefter tweets. This would give Mahomes a $45MM-AAV price tag — a staggering $10MM increase on Russell Wilson‘s $35MM-per-year deal that previously resided as the NFL salary benchmark. This contract came together quickly. Mahomes and the Chiefs only began negotiating in late May. The superstar passer, whose rookie contract runs through 2021, became extension-eligible after the 2019 regular season’s conclusion.

The deal was rumored to contain a game-changing sweetener. Multiple sources believe the contract was set to tie Mahomes’ salaries to a percentage of the salary cap (Twitter links via Schefter and CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora). While this would have been a historically player-friendly pact, Schefter reports that the Chiefs did not include such a provision in the contract. The Chiefs began negotiations against such an arrangement, per Schefter (on Twitter).
          It is said to be $140million guaranteed for injury.

I'm actually curious on a couple of things:

1. Can his guaranteed signing bonus be spread out to include his two current contract years before extension kicks in? If so, this might really help reduce the cap hit long term for the Chiefs.

2. I'm thinking by year 5 of this contract that the Chiefs might have Mahomes at a bargain the way QB inflation has been tracking the last few years.
          "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Mahomes is a next-level talent who has already proven he is the guy. If I am a Kansas City fan I am over the moon we drafted him, over the moon he is around for the long-term, and over the moon that we will compete for a Superbowl every year for the next decade, given Mahomes is healthy. Congratulations Kansas City and Patrick Mahomes, very jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Mahomes is a next-level talent who has already proven he is the guy. If I am a Kansas City fan I am over the moon we drafted him, over the moon he is around for the long-term, and over the moon that we will compete for a Superbowl every year for the next decade, given Mahomes is healthy. Congratulations Kansas City and Patrick Mahomes, very jealous.
              ^^^^ this

And as big as this number is, I wonder if it'll be considered a bargain in 5 years when contracts for 40+ mil for QB's is the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                ^^^^ this

And as big as this number is, I wonder if it'll be considered a bargain in 5 years when contracts for 40+ mil for QB's is the norm.
                Oh dont worry, as soon as Mahomeboy sees other QBs making more per year (theres always a bigger fish) hes gonna sqelch.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

A huge question though is whether they will compete for a Superbowl every year for the next decade if Mahomes is healthy. Seattle won one and went to two while RW was on his rookie contract, and they have not been back since. All the QBs winning SB in the last decade - except Peyton Manning - have been out of the top 10 in pay scale.

Great for us if paying Mahomes hampers their abilities

Comment

COMPETING FOR ONE … doesn't mean winning them

I believe the cap and opposing defenses will catch up to him, I recall when vick was the greatest thing since sliced bread, teams caught up to him
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

one hell of a gamble for the chiefs.

if he stays healthy and dominant over the next 12 years then it's a good deal for the chiefs, if not....... well then the rest of us afcw fans will be smiling a lot.
                      Last edited by baphamet; 07-07-2020, 02:16 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

they could still keep him around with a 5-year deal. he's signed for the next 12 years, a lot can happen over that span. the guy has been great, no question there. but the injury bug can change that or the dude could regress, it's possible. having him locked up for 12 years is definitely a gamble that can either pay off tremendously or bite them in the ass.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          COMPETING FOR ONE … doesn't mean winning them

I believe the cap and opposing defenses will catch up to him, I recall when vick was the greatest thing since sliced bread, teams caught up to him
                          Obviously, but competing for one, year in and year out allows you the chance to actually win one. In a league where pretty much 3 quarters of the league realistically have no shot due to who plays quarterback for them, you will take the chance with a guy like Mahomes year after year. Also, it's a huge recruitment tool to have him in place, and allows you to maybe get some guys below market value on solid deals. Knowing you will be on a team where you know you have that chance to win it all is a selling point that the acquisition of Manning really showed us here in Denver.

PS: The Vick comparison screams of hope for failure from a rival fan, I get it. But it's a terrible comparison in my opinion considering Vick never cracked an 80 quarterback rating as a starter in a playoff game, and only won 2 throughout his 13 year NFL career. Mahomes is no longer the hype that people want to paint him as, he is proven hype who showed he is a clutch performer who has the mental capacity to back up his elite level talent.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            one hell of a gamble for the chiefs.

if he stays healthy and dominant over the next 12 years then it's a good deal for the chiefs, if not....... well then the rest of us afcw fans will be smiling a lot.
                            He runs around way too much. I don’t know know of very many NFL QBs that endured a very long career running around so much.
                            He’s already sustained an injury against Denver’s D due to that running style, there’ll be more to come if he doesn’t put himself in check!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              He runs around way too much. I don’t know know of very many NFL QBs that endured a very long career running around so much.
                              He’s already sustained an injury against Denver’s D due to that running style, there’ll be more to come if he doesn’t put himself in check!
                              Not sure if he's going to last the length of his contract without a serious injury. He already got a dislocated knee cap.
                              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                                Not sure if he's going to last the length of his contract without a serious injury. He already got a dislocated knee cap.
                                You never know. He could always hire Alex Guerrero, and play until he's collecting social security.

Comment

Working...
                                X