No announcement yet.

Caption This: Trailerpark Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyways, like I said before. the broncos are still probably the better team due to the uncertainty at the QB position for the chargers and the upgrades the broncos have made with their offense. but the chargers still easily have comparable talent to the broncos overall. if the chargers get any kind of decent QB play this year, they could really surprise some people.
    sigpic

Comment

here is an article I found with gus Bradley and others talking about james. keep in mind this was after last season after he missed most of the year with that foot issue that is now resolved.

James once again showed his versatility down the backstretch of the 2019 season. According to research by ESPN Stats & Information, James played 186 snaps at linebacker, 68 snaps as a slot defender, 23 snaps at free safety, five snaps at corner and four snaps at defensive tackle.

"It's just a blessing to be back out there," James said. "I feel like I played decent, having not played football in three months, you know what I'm saying? It's hard to simulate game reps, especially being limited and not being able to do stuff. But I feel like I played solid. It felt smooth, just being able to get my feet wet again.”"

Bradley said James provides his defense with a rare combination of open-field speed and range of a free safety along with the brute strength and physicality of a strong safety.

"I don't like to compare guys," Bradley said. "He's unique because he has the speed of a corner and he has the athleticism to make plays in space. He can play in the box. He's a good rusher. He has a combination of all of those things.

"I remember Kam Chancellor. Kam Chancellor played in the box and was a really physical player, and had really good instincts. I see some of those traits in DJ. I see a guy that can cover a lot of field, like an Earl Thomas can cover a lot of ground. I see bits and pieces of that.

"The challenge for DJ is that he does have those skill sets, but how high can he take each one of those skill sets? That's where I think he has a lot of room for improvement."
      https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...-james-in-2020

he's reportedly gotten better in TC this year too. dude wants to be great at everything. gus Bradley basically compares him to kam chancellor and earl thomas combined into one guy lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        unproven doesn't = better and it never will. I don't care if they were both first-round draft picks with tons of potential. it's okay though, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying you probably shouldn't gloat who he has to run behind as if the chargers haven't vastly upgraded their line.
        Does bias pro bowls votes define who is proven? I thought performance did all that. Cushenberry may not be proven obviously but I’d say Risner is. As a rookie, the guy dominated the competition with pretty much trash to his left and trash to his right. Bolles and McGovern? No thank you. Risner, now he’s the real deal!

Originally posted by Baph
        more of a leader than derwin james? james is already one of the top leaders on our team, I find that hard to believe. I love derwin james' leadership, so really I don't care.

james can and has played simmons position and at least is on par with how good he is if not better than him. again, that's not even his strength. could Simmons dominate all over the field at almost every position on the defense?

james has played every position on the defense except DT and MLB. he is all over the field and good no matter what he does. good in run defense, has lined up at DE to get after the QB, can make plays in space and very rarely misses tackles. can cover WR's as a corner at a high level, can play center field at a high level. that isn't an exaggeration or me just being a homer, that's what I mean by "special" I'm not calling joey bosa special like that, derwin is a unique type of talent which makes him special.

like I said, only adams can be compared to how good james is in my opinion. justin simmons is still very good though, don't get me wrong.
        I’m not saying James isn’t any good, hell when everyone was screaming for Denzel Ward, I was talking about James. I don’t know who the chargers were sacrificing goats to but there is no way he should’ve ever fallen to the likes of them.

We don’t need Justin Simmons to be all over the field at every position, we just needed him to be above average at his position and last season he greatly surpassed those goals by looking elite at times. He was the better pro last year, ain’t my fault James couldn’t stay healthy.

Simmons has also been a guest speaker at many youth rallies in this off-season trying to make sense out of madness with everything that is going on. He’s not only a leader on the football field but in all aspects of life. Huge!

Originally posted by Baph
        first of all, he wanted to re-sign with the chargers. he spent the off season talking up how good they are until he realized they were not going to offer him any contract. you see, when gordon turned down the very fair contract they offered him and decided to pull that dumb ass hold out, the chargers said "screw you" took the offer off the table and never offered him another contract again.

second of all, I like how you don't argue any of the points I made regarding the reasons elway signed gordon. you know what I say is true man, Lindsay is decent but he can't do it by himself, gordon is a back that you guys needed.
        What? I did agree with you that Denver was a better team with Gordon. I just said, go and take a poll on who the better back would be and you’ll see up to this point in time That most football fans will tell you Phillip Lindsay is.

I have no doubt that Melvin Gordon can and will be a better back than Lindsay this season but only because he’s in a bronco uniform and no longer in a chargers uniform.

And I like how you miss certain statements that I make in response.
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-24-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

here is an article I found with gus Bradley and others talking about james. keep in mind this was after last season after he missed most of the year with that foot issue that is now resolved.

https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...-james-in-2020

he's reportedly gotten better in TC this year too. dude wants to be great at everything. gus Bradley basically compares him to kam chancellor and earl thomas combined into one guy lol
          Bradley Chubb was once considered Von Miller and Khalil Mack combined into one guy as well. Comparisons don’t equal facts but if healthy I think Chubb gets close to 20 sacks this season!

With that said and before you get all upset, let me save you the trouble because I already know what your response will be when I say 20 sacks

Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-25-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

anyways, like I said before. the broncos are still probably the better team due to the uncertainty at the QB position for the chargers and the upgrades the broncos have made with their offense. but the chargers still easily have comparable talent to the broncos overall. if the chargers get any kind of decent QB play this year, they could really surprise some people.
            Here is what Shelby Harris had to say earlier today.
            After the Broncos finished as the 10th-ranked defense under Vic Fangio last season, outside linebacker Bradley Chubb believes the squad can finish as a top-five unit in 2020. Defensive lineman Shelby Harris has even loftier goals.

Harris said Denver has “nothing but dogs” on defense after practice last Thursday and he believes those dogs will rank high this season.

“We should be the best defense in the league no question,” Harris said. “I feel like we have the players and the pieces to really go out there and dominate every game. Goal wise, I would say individually, is to be the best player I can. You can’t set certain goals numbers-wise because all I care about is winning.

“If we win and everyone does their job, the numbers will be there. My individual goals are the same as the team goals — be the best defense possible and go out there and dominate.”

After totaling 46 tackles, six sacks and nine pass breakups last season, Harris re-signed with Denver this offseason on a one-year deal. He is expected to serve as one of the three starting defensive linemen this season with Mike Purcell and Jurrell Casey joining him.
            All In all, if the majority of both teams remain healthy, it’ll be a very entertaining match up to see twice this season!

Just to clarify since we talked about it earlier
            Jurrell Casey 6/1 300lbs
            Mike Purcell 6/3 304lbs
            Shelby Harris 6/2 289lbs

Dre’Mont Jones will be rotating in more than anyone so we can consider him as well at 6/3 and 291lbs per Vic Fangio
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-24-2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Does bias pro bowls votes define who is proven? I thought performance did all that. Cushenberry may not be proven obviously but I’d say Risner is. As a rookie, the guy dominated the competition with pretty much trash to his left and trash to his right. Bolles and McGovern? No thank you. Risner, now he’s the real deal!
              are you saying our guys haven't performed well? you don't go to multiple pro bowls by not proving yourself, that's for sure. you are optimistic about your OL, that's fine. I'm saying the chargers current center, RG, and RT are absolutely proven probowl quality players. you simply cannot say that about any of the players you mentioned along the OL just yet.

I’m not saying James isn’t any good, hell when everyone was screaming for Denzel Ward, I was talking about James. I don’t know who the chargers were sacrificing goats to but there is no way he should’ve ever fallen to the likes of them.
              he fell because after Miami drafted minkah Fitzpatrick, only the raiderrs needed a safety and they passed on him like idiots

We don’t need Justin Simmons to be all over the field at every position, we just needed him to be above average at his position and last season he greatly surpassed those goals by looking elite at times. He was the better pro last year, ain’t my fault James couldn’t stay healthy.
              you don't need him to? or he can't do it? every defense would absolutely love a derwin james. it's not just that he can play almost every position on defense at a very high level, it's the fact that opposing offenses have no clue how to game plan him because they have no idea where he is going to line up at any given time.

james' "injury" was simply a nail that was put in his foot in college that became a problem and had to be removed. DUDE IS READY TO DOMINATE AGAIN. with chris harris, casey heyward, and des king. all 4 of them are probowl quality players in the secondary. you could make the case that the chargers have the best secondary in football with all those guys healthy.

Simmons has also been a guest speaker at many youth rallies in this off-season trying to make sense out of madness with everything that is going on. He’s not only a leader on the football field but in all aspects of life. Huge!
              that's good to hear man! he's a good player but just not quite on derwin james' level IMO

we can just leave it at that, both are very good players, that I think we can agree on.

What? I did agree with you that Denver was a better team with Gordon. I just said, go and take a poll on who the better back would be and you’ll see up to this point in time That most football fans will tell you Phillip Lindsay is.
              few people are going to say Lindsay man, you're being delusional. what does lindsay do that's better than Gordon? I've already listed a bunch of things gordon does better than Lindsay. at best you can say that Lindsay is the better ball carrier on first and second down and I don't know if that's even true. other than that? gordon does everything else better, including fumbling the ball on the 1

I have no doubt that Melvin Gordon can and will be a better back than Lindsay this season but only because he’s in a bronco uniform and no longer in a chargers uniform.
              that's funny because I made that argument when gordon was a charger running behind crap run blocking most of his career. he could dominate in Denver but the Denver offense is going to have its hands full with the chargers defense, especially when we now have chris harris, who's gonna guard keenan allen now?

And I like how you miss certain statements that I make in response.
              such as?
              Last edited by baphamet; 08-25-2020, 03:20 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Here is what Shelby Harris had to say earlier today.

All In all, if the majority of both teams remain healthy, it’ll be a very entertaining match up to see twice this season!

Just to clarify since we talked about it earlier
                Jurrell Casey 6/1 300lbs
                Mike Purcell 6/3 304lbs
                Shelby Harris 6/2 289lbs

Dre’Mont Jones will be rotating in more than anyone so we can consider him as well at 6/3 and 291lbs per Vic Fangio
                same type of stuff I'm hearing from the chargers at training camp. the broncos do have talent on defense and offense, its the most well rounded they have been yet talent-wise (recent history).

and again, I just posted the monster because he looks like one and it's funny to me. that's good the broncos have big guys too lol

of course, none of them are the size or are as terrifying as THE MONSTER.

sigpic

Comment

Bradley Chubb was once considered Von Miller and Khalil Mack combined into one guy as well. Comparisons don’t equal facts but if healthy I think Chubb gets close to 20 sacks this season!
                  bwahahaha! who made that comparison? dude hasn't shown to be as good as either one of those guys. they both play the same position anyways. FS and SS (chancellor/Thomas) are two completely different skill sets. I would take a 31-year-old von miller over chubb and I damn sure would take mack over him as well.

chubb still has a lot to prove, he needs to prove he can be an elite player at his position and that he can return from his second ACL. derwin james is an elite player at his position and other positions too!
                  Last edited by baphamet; 08-25-2020, 03:21 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

are you saying our guys haven't performed well? you don't go to multiple pro bowls by not proving yourself, that's for sure. you are optimistic about your OL, that's fine. I'm saying the chargers current center, RG, and RT are absolutely proven probowl quality players. you simply cannot say that about any of the players you mentioned along the OL just yet.
                    I can and I will! Dalton Risner and Graham Glasgow are proven quality players. It ain’t my fault the pro bowl ballots are bias.

Originally posted by chargers street nerd
                    he fell because after Miami drafted minkah Fitzpatrick, only the raiderrs needed a safety and they passed on him like idiots

you don't need him to? or he can't do it? every defense would absolutely love a derwin james. it's not just that he can play almost every position on defense at a very high level, it's the fact that opposing offenses have no clue how to game plan him because they have no idea where he is going to line up at any given time.
                    James is a great player, I agree. I also agree that the raiders are idiots. Anyway what I’ve been saying but you keep missing is the fact that Simmons was the better player last season! Lol you’re like that kid that says “voltron is stupid” when I say I like him better than prime!

Originally posted by chargers street nerd
                    james' "injury" was simply a nail that was put in his foot in college that became a problem and had to be removed. DUDE IS READY TO DOMINATE AGAIN. with chris harris, casey heyward, and des king. all 4 of them are probowl quality players in the secondary. you could make the case that the chargers have the best secondary in football with all those guys healthy.
                    you certainly can but the rest of the league is not in the business of playing for Pro bowl berths. Guess that’s why LAs trophy case is still empty!

Originally posted by the nerd
                    that's good to hear man! he's a good player but just not quite on derwin james' level IMO

we can just leave it at that, both are very good players, that I think we can agree on.

few people are going to say Lindsay man, you're being delusional. what does lindsay do that's better than Gordon? I've already listed a bunch of things gordon does better than Lindsay. at best you can say that Lindsay is the better ball carrier on first and second down and I don't know if that's even true. other than that? gordon does everything else better, including fumbling the ball on the 1

that's funny because I made that argument when gordon was a charger running behind crap run blocking most of his career. he could dominate in Denver but the Denver offense is going to have its hands full with the chargers defense, especially when we now have chris harris, who's gonna guard keenan allen now?

such as?
                    I actually like Gordon better but a lot of people are going to tell you that Lindsay is better, just go and ask like I’ve been telling you!

Comment

bwahahaha! who made that comparison? dude hasn't shown to be as good as either one of those guys. they both play the same position anyways. FS and SS (chancellor/Thomas) are two completely different skill sets. I would take a 31-year-old von miller over chubb and I damn sure would take mack over him as well.

chubb still has a lot to prove, he needs to prove he can be an elite player at his position and that he can return from his second ACL. derwin james is an elite player at his position and other positions too!
                      Von Miller did right before Denver made the selection of Bradley Chubb in the 2018 draft. Chubb had a great rookie season and would had played on a torn ACL last season if left up to him.

He’s got all the heart in the world for this game and you’ll soon find out.
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-25-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I can and I will! Dalton Risner and Graham Glasgow are proven quality players. It ain’t my fault the pro bowl ballots are bias.

James is a great player, I agree. I also agree that the raiders are idiots. Anyway what I’ve been saying but you keep missing is the fact that Simmons was the better player last season! Lol you’re like that kid that says “voltron is stupid” when I say I like him better than prime!

you certainly can but the rest of the league is not in the business of playing for Pro bowl berths. Guess that’s why LAs trophy case is still empty!
                        missing what you're saying? uh, no. I know exactly what you're doing. you're saying that jerry tillery is better than Bradley chubb. I mean he had more sacks and tackles last year!

I actually like Gordon better but a lot of people are going to tell you that Lindsay is better, just go and ask like I’ve been telling you!
                        like who? ask who? broncos fans? of course, many of the Broncos fans like Lindsay and didn't think it was necessary to spend the money on Gordon.

but to ask the question you're talking about, fantasy football is always referenced. I can tell you from a fantasy perspective, Lindsay barely moves the needle. the reason being is he's a part time 12-14 touches per game back that sucks on third down and is not a threat to catch the football out of the back field.

on first and second down he's good but he needs help, he can't do it himself.

most unbiased people would take Gordon or austin ekeler over Lindsay in fantasy and I don't know why that opinion would change even if we're not talking fantasy football.

gordon has injury issues so there is that factor too but in terms of who's better? you have to be a Philip Lindsay donko homer to think he's better.
                        Last edited by baphamet; 08-26-2020, 03:31 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Von Miller did right before Denver made the selection of Bradley Chubb in the 2018 draft. Chubb had a great rookie season and would had played on a torn ACL last season if left up to him.

He’s got all the heart in the world for this game and you’ll soon find out.
                          I'm sure he does have heart, he's not von miller and khalil mack combined into one guy though, I will tell you that!

that reminds me though, you want to know what chris harris thinks about derwin james and who he compares him to?

Harris was asked about what it would be like to play with safety Derwin James, and he couldn’t recall a better safety that he had played within his career.

“I can’t compare Derwin James,” explained Harris. “I have not had a teammate like him at the safety position. I have had great safeties playing with (Brian) Dawkins. He was in his later years. TJ Ward and Darren Stewart, but no one at the level of Derwin James. So, I am excited to play with him.”
                          https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...oing-into-2020

“When I see Derwin James, I haven’t played with anybody as talented as Derwin James other than Aqib Talib or Champ Bailey,” said Harris Jr. “But, nobody like Derwin James in the way that he can mess up the secondary.
                          https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...l-2020-season/

hmmmm he didn't even mention Simmons, that's gotta hurt.......
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's the powder blue....

Comment

I'm sure he does have heart, he's not von miller and khalil mack combined into one guy though, I will tell you that!

that reminds me though, you want to know what chris harris thinks about derwin james and who he compares him to?

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...oing-into-2020

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...l-2020-season/

hmmmm he didn't even mention Simmons, that's gotta hurt.......
                              Lol as if Simmons needs CHJs endorsement! Unlike James, Simmons play spoke for itself on the field last season.

Again, you’re pushing James on me but when did I ever say he wasn’t a good player?

He may not be Champ Bailey good in the secondary but I get it, it remains to be seen.
                              Just as Bradley Chubb could eclipse Bosa’s play this year! Now go get your shine box.

Comment

Lol as if Simmons needs CHJs endorsement! Unlike James, Simmons play spoke for itself on the field last season.

Again, you’re pushing James on me but when did I ever say he wasn’t a good player?

He may not be Champ Bailey good in the secondary but I get it, it remains to be seen.
                                Just as Bradley Chubb could eclipse Bosa’s play this year! Now go get your shine box.
                                lol hey man, you opened that can of worms the moment you tried to say your guy was better simply because derwin didn't play most of the season.

regardless of what chubb does, I doubt he surpasses bosa. bosa is a complete DE, not just good rushing the passer. he's good against the run too. bosa also had the best win rate in the entire NFL last year and has the top-rated pass-rushing grade the last three seasons according to pff.

so will chubb surpass bosa's play this year?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X