X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    in all facets coming out of college? ..too bad that didnt carry over to the pros son
    what didn't carry over to the pros? everything carried over man, stop being delusional. dude was as ready for the pros as you possibly could be, so much so that the main argument about joey bosa coming out of college was he's already reached his ceiling and can't get much better and that he's not athletic enough to take it to a higher level.

all I'm saying is his game was more complete coming into the league than von's, I am not saying he is better than von so calm down.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    not as good as bosa was in all facets coming out of college, that's exactly what I'm saying. you're acting like I'm saying von sucked lol

go ahead and disagree with me if you want to. but I seen both guys come into the league and seen both guys in college as well. I don't know if there are any other edge rushers that I have seen that have been more refined and pro-ready coming out of college than the bosa brothers. overall I still think von has been the better player still, at least for the time being. so if you can't handle my opinion about bosa being the more complete player coming into the league, then oh well.
    in all facets coming out of college? ..too bad that didnt carry over to the pros son

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    so let me try to sink down a lil to grasp your augument

your saying Bosa was better coming out of college than von, and von wasn't good against the run or the pass his rookie year and he had to develop it??

so then why did he have more overall tackles and more solo tackles as well as more passes defenses in is rookie season , did he magically get better between the draft and the season start

11.5 sacks 64 total tackles including 50 solo, 19 tackles for loss, 29 qb hits, 4 pd, 2 ff, 2nd team all pro, pro bowl, Defensive rookie of the year

seems pretty damn well rounded to me
    not as good as bosa was in all facets coming out of college, that's exactly what I'm saying. you're acting like I'm saying von sucked lol

go ahead and disagree with me if you want to. but I seen both guys come into the league and seen both guys in college as well. I don't know if there are any other edge rushers that I have seen that have been more refined and pro-ready coming out of college than the bosa brothers. overall I still think von has been the better player still, at least for the time being. so if you can't handle my opinion about bosa being the more complete player coming into the league, then oh well.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    None of that proves he was good against the run or pass his rookie year man.

He had to develop that part of his game and if you actually watched the games and not just the stat sheets, you would have known that.

Few edge rushers have cone into the league as complete and refined as the bosa brothers.

But again, you are here arguing because you didn’t read the thread. Maybe read it next time before you open your mouth?
    so let me try to sink down a lil to grasp your augument

your saying Bosa was better coming out of college than von, and von wasn't good against the run or the pass his rookie year and he had to develop it??

so then why did he have more overall tackles and more solo tackles as well as more passes defenses in is rookie season , did he magically get better between the draft and the season start

11.5 sacks 64 total tackles including 50 solo, 19 tackles for loss, 29 qb hits, 4 pd, 2 ff, 2nd team all pro, pro bowl, Defensive rookie of the year

seems pretty damn well rounded to me

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    ohhh ya thats when you said von was a one trick pony

and then von had 42 solo tackles, 11.5 sacks, 4 PD, 2 FF, 2nd team all pro, probowl, and defensive rookie of the year and literally shoved that one trick pony crap back in your face
    None of that proves he was good against the run or pass his rookie year man.

He had to develop that part of his game and if you actually watched the games and not just the stat sheets, you would have known that.

Few edge rushers have cone into the league as complete and refined as the bosa brothers.

But again, you are here arguing because you didn’t read the thread. Maybe read it next time before you open your mouth?

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    It helps to read the thread before responding. I’m talking about how good they were when “entering the league” not their first 4 years.

I already said that I don’t think bosa is better if you were actually reading along.
    ohhh ya thats when you said von was a one trick pony

and then von had 42 solo tackles, 11.5 sacks, 4 PD, 2 FF, 2nd team all pro, probowl, and defensive rookie of the year and literally shoved that one trick pony crap back in your face

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Bosa was better? weird

Bosa 1st four seasons

total tackles 186
    solo 133
    sacks 40
    FF 6
    PD 1
    ints 0

vons first 4 seasons
    total tackles 213
    solo 162
    sacks 49
    PD 9
    int 1
    FF12
    It helps to read the thread before responding. I’m talking about how good they were when “entering the league” not their first 4 years.

I already said that I don’t think bosa is better if you were actually reading along.
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-01-2020, 09:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Yep, similar to last season. It’s likely going to already be over by the time he gets back.
    Sorry to hear (and I mean it) but James is out for the season. What a shame, Such a talent.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    wait a second lol

dude pretty much came out as strong as you possibly could

you also asked me if I thought bosa was better than von miller at his best.

von miller was not at his best when he "entered the league". I would argue that bosa was better when he came into the league (than von) because he was already a refined pass rusher AND run stopper. von had to develop that part of his game.

you simply flip-flopped the discussion from "bosa didn't enter the league on fire like von did" to "bosa isn't as good as von at his best"

two completely different arguments man. but either way, as good as von has been over his career, joey bosa is definitely comparable to him but I'm not going to say better, not yet at least.
    Bosa was better? weird

Bosa 1st four seasons

total tackles 186
    solo 133
    sacks 40
    FF 6
    PD 1
    ints 0

vons first 4 seasons
    total tackles 213
    solo 162
    sacks 49
    PD 9
    int 1
    FF12

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
    That sucks...... Hope it doesn't end up that he becomes one of those regular injured players. Reading that it is his meniscus and will miss quit a bit of time.
    Yep, similar to last season. It’s likely going to already be over by the time he gets back.

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    this is what I get for talking crap....

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Level 1:
    Chargers’ S Derwin James walked off today’s practice field and into the medical tent after straining his hamstring, per source. Too early to tell if injury is significant.
    That sucks...... Hope it doesn't end up that he becomes one of those regular injured players. Reading that it is his meniscus and will miss quit a bit of time.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    this is what I get for talking crap....

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Level 1:
    Chargers’ S Derwin James walked off today’s practice field and into the medical tent after straining his hamstring, per source. Too early to tell if injury is significant.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m glad you said that because I didn’t say Joey didn’t come out strong. I said he didn’t out strong like Von Miller did.

Before you start with the Bosa stats again let me just say, Bosa isn’t on Von Millers level. Von Miller has completely taken over games in the past and was completely dominant. He won a super bowl MVP.

Also Bosa was on team that already featured other star players. Von Miller came in and took over on a bad defense that was in rebuild mode from the Josh Mcdummy era.

Sure we had Elvis but not even Elvis was on Von level.
    wait a second lol

dude pretty much came out as strong as you possibly could

you also asked me if I thought bosa was better than von miller at his best.

von miller was not at his best when he "entered the league". I would argue that bosa was better when he came into the league (than von) because he was already a refined pass rusher AND run stopper. von had to develop that part of his game.

you simply flip-flopped the discussion from "bosa didn't enter the league on fire like von did" to "bosa isn't as good as von at his best"

two completely different arguments man. but either way, as good as von has been over his career, joey bosa is definitely comparable to him but I'm not going to say better, not yet at least.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Barph View Post
    better? no, I don't think so. comparable to von? absolutely.
    I’m glad you said that because I didn’t say Joey didn’t come out strong. I said he didn’t out strong like Von Miller did.

Before you start with the Bosa stats again let me just say, Bosa isn’t on Von Millers level. Von Miller has completely taken over games in the past and was completely dominant. He won a super bowl MVP.

Also Bosa was on team that already featured other star players. Von Miller came in and took over on a bad defense that was in rebuild mode from the Josh Mcdummy era.

Sure we had Elvis but not even Elvis was on Von level.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Would you say Bosa at his best was ever better than Von Miller at his best?
    better? no, I don't think so. comparable to von? absolutely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X