Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Bosa's new deal, Melvin Ingram sitting out practices due to contract issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With Bosa's new deal, Melvin Ingram sitting out practices due to contract issues

    Curious how this one will play out.............................

    https://www.nfl.com/news/melvin-ingr...ontract-issues
    sigpic

  • #2
    lol. I was waiting for this thread to crop up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Players in Kc taking pay cuts to keep a good thing going while LA (With as much talent) still can’t get Out of their own way!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Players in Kc taking pay cuts to keep a good thing going while LA (With as much talent) still can’t get Out of their own way!
        who's taking a pay cut to play in Denver? other than melvin gordon that is!

        next year the chargers are going to be in amazing shape (#6 in cap space) that's AFTER extending joey bosa. to be honest his "hold in" approach makes little sense. some are speculating he just wants this year fully guaranteed due to covid concerns.

        from what I have read, once week one begins, his money this year becomes fully guaranteed. which is why he's still in camp and doing everything except practicing in pads, it's the only thing that actually makes sense. my guess is he will be ready to go come week 1 with no extension.

        this isn't a melvin gordon situation, he's not going to screw himself like Gordon did. we need ingram more than we needed to sign gordon, so if there is an extension I wouldn't be surprised. the chargers could still sign him, henry, and allen then still have room for derwin and hopefully mike williams.

        the chargers dont have a proven QB or LT but they are in excellent shape otherwise.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
          Curious how this one will play out.............................

          https://www.nfl.com/news/melvin-ingr...ontract-issues
          I'm guessing he will be available week 1. you don't show up to camp and do every single team activity except practice in pads, if you intend to hold out for a contract extension. if that was his plan he's even more clueless than melvin gordon

          he's even on the field during padded practices, he's just not practicing.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            I'm guessing he will be available week 1. you don't show up to camp and do every single team activity except practice in pads, if you intend to hold out for a contract extension. if that was his plan he's even more clueless than melvin gordon

            he's even on the field during padded practices, he's just not practicing.
            I think I'm a little more curious on where they see him in the pecking order, so to speak, along with the other players contracts. Do they line up and pay Henry, Allen, James, Williams before they concern themselves with Ingram?? That's what I'm waiting to see in this scenario being the Cap will be down to 175m for next season,
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Ingram is far more valuable to that team than Henry imo. Henry has been an incredible red zone asset, but that production could be replaced.

              It will be interesting to see how the Chargers play it out. If the team feels Herbert will see the field this year Henry probably gets a big bump in the pecking order.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                I think I'm a little more curious on where they see him in the pecking order, so to speak, along with the other players contracts. Do they line up and pay Henry, Allen, James, Williams before they concern themselves with Ingram?? That's what I'm waiting to see in this scenario being the Cap will be down to 175m for next season,
                the cap will very likely be down. the issue with Ingram is his age. i see keenan allen as the top priority right now by far. they will also need to plan for derwin james to get a big contract as well. a lot cheaper than bosa though.

                henry might end up walking, especially if he gets hurt again this season. I really hope they extend ingram at least a year or two but that's it. if it wasn't for ingrams age I would put him as second priority for sure after allen.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                  Ingram is far more valuable to that team than Henry imo. Henry has been an incredible red zone asset, but that production could be replaced.

                  It will be interesting to see how the Chargers play it out. If the team feels Herbert will see the field this year Henry probably gets a big bump in the pecking order.
                  overall a good pass rusher is more valuable than a good TE for sure but there is the age factor. ingram will be 32 by the time he would be a FA next season. extending him more than a year or two wouldn't be smart IMO especially for a speed rusher who relies on speed and athletic ability more than strength and technique (like bosa).

                  the deal with henry is can he stay healthy and play at a high level like he has at times in the past? if he goes out for the season again he's likely done in LA.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    so today he practices in pads randomly?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      so today he practices in pads randomly?
                      Ingram? Weird!

                      Maybe he realized he’s too old to make such demands. There’s people (Brandon Stokley) in Denver that wanted Miller traded away just to unload his contract.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mike Garafolo
                        @MikeGarafolo
                        #Chargers DE Melvin Ingram signed an adjusted contract yesterday with the team that guaranteed this year’s salary, sources say. That was a driving force in his return to practice. We’ll see what it means regarding his push for a contract extension.

                        yeah, it's the only thing that made sense and it made sense for the chargers to do it because he would have gotten this year's salary guaranteed in three weeks from now anyway.
                        Last edited by baphamet; 08-21-2020, 09:50 AM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          Mike Garafolo
                          @MikeGarafolo
                          #Chargers DE Melvin Ingram signed an adjusted contract yesterday with the team that guaranteed this year’s salary, sources say. That was a driving force in his return to practice. We’ll see what it means regarding his push for a contract extension.

                          yeah, it's the only thing that made sense and it made sense for the chargers to do it because he would have gotten this year's salary guaranteed in three weeks from now anyway.
                          The whole ordeal seems to be a complete waste of time and news space......
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                            The whole ordeal seems to be a complete waste of time and news space......
                            for sure man but that's the chargers for you. they seem to think every little thing needs to be kept a secret. made the situation worse because a lot of people thought he was holding out for an extension.

                            it's also puzzling they waited this long to do it considering in three weeks he's gonna get the money regardless.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              who's taking a pay cut to play in Denver? other than melvin gordon that is
                              Does CHJ count?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X