Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers games will be held without fans in attendance until further notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers games will be held without fans in attendance until further notice.

After careful consideration and discussion with State and local health officials, the Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams and SoFi Stadium have announced that Rams and Chargers games will be held without fans in attendance until further notice.
    https://www.chargers.com/news/sofi-s...endance-update

my response to that????

ADVANTAGE - Chargers

no more 16 road games a year, no more silent count at home. come to think of it, no silent count at all to worry about game planning.

one year break from the embarrassment of opposing fans taking over our stadium!

oh and if you want a good laugh at the charger's expense, read this thread.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...19560937005057
    sigpic

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    https://www.chargers.com/news/sofi-s...endance-update

my response to that????

ADVANTAGE - Chargers

no more 16 road games a year, no more silent count at home. come to think of it, no silent count at all to worry about game planning.

one year break from the embarrassment of opposing fans taking over our stadium!

oh and if you want a good laugh at the charger's expense, read this thread.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...19560937005057

it also means it could help the other teams too
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Good thing they've already had years of experience with no fans.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        Good thing they've already had years of experience with no fans.
        So true! Sometimes not having to get used to a new negative can be joyful. :dance:
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          it also means it could help the other teams too
          if you were the other team, wouldn't you rather have your fans making crowd noise and supporting you? the chargers needing to use a silent count in nearly every game they play in cannot be overstated.
          sigpic

Comment

To quote Airplane!, "Looks like we picked the wrong week to open a stadium."

Oh and like Baph said, the no fans thing benefits the Chargers. People are getting the joke all wrong. I think Philip Rivers had to call a timeout last year or the year before on 3rd down vs. the Raiders because he couldn't hear a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              To quote Airplane!, "Looks like we picked the wrong week to open a stadium."

Oh and like Baph said, the no fans thing benefits the Chargers. People are getting the joke all wrong. I think Philip Rivers had to call a timeout last year or the year before on 3rd down vs. the Raiders because he couldn't hear a thing.
              the chargers $1 rent to play in stan's $5b stadium without fans being allowed to attend is the closest thing to winning an NFL championship that the chargers have been so far!
              sigpic

Comment

if you were the other team, wouldn't you rather have your fans making crowd noise and supporting you? the chargers needing to use a silent count in nearly every game they play in cannot be overstated.
                well if i were the other team i would hope the noise home crowd noise doesn't hurt the offense, but then we are talking charger fans so...

but on the other hand teams, specially defenses feed off the crowd noise to get pumped up at times
                sigpic

Comment

the chargers $1 rent to play in stan's $5b stadium without fans being allowed to attend is the closest thing to winning an NFL championship that the chargers have been so far!
                  i would say actually getting to the game in 94 would be the closest
                  sigpic

Comment

well if i were the other team i would hope the noise home crowd noise doesn't hurt the offense, but then we are talking charger fans so...

but on the other hand teams, specially defenses feed off the crowd noise to get pumped up at times
                    have you read the thread at all? that's the point I'm making exactly. the chargers might have one or two home games that don't get totally taken over by the opposing crowd, at least at the soccer stadium where the ticket prices were the highest in the NFL.

the chargers literally have to game plan for a silent count almost every single game they play. sure, the defense does feed off the crowd, you're right about that. but with the chargers defense, it's usually quiet when they are on the field for the same reason it's always noisy when the offense is on the field. the defense can't feed off a crowd full of opposing fans, can they?

no matter how you try to spin it, it's good for the chargers and rams, not good for the teams with notoriously good fan support at home like the broncos.
                    sigpic

Comment

have you read the thread at all? that's the point I'm making exactly. the chargers might have one or two home games that don't get totally taken over by the opposing crowd, at least at the soccer stadium where the ticket prices were the highest in the NFL.

the chargers literally have to game plan for a silent count almost every single game they play. sure, the defense does feed off the crowd, you're right about that. but with the chargers defense, it's usually quiet when they are on the field for the same reason it's always noisy when the offense is on the field. the defense can't feed off a crowd full of opposing fans, can they?

no matter how you try to spin it, it's good for the chargers and rams, not good for the teams with notoriously good fan support at home like the broncos.
                      man it must suck to be a charger fan, sitting alone surrounded by the enemy, watching another losing season unfold
                      sigpic

Comment

man it must suck to be a charger fan, sitting alone surrounded by the enemy, watching another losing season unfold

better to be a DIE-HARD fan sitting alone than simply jumping on a good team's bandwagon. ever wonder why there are so many Broncos fans all over? it's not because people like horses or the color puke, I'll tell ya that!
                        sigpic

Comment

better to be a DIE-HARD fan sitting alone than simply jumping on a good team's bandwagon. ever wonder why there are so many Broncos fans all over? it's not because people like horses or the color puke, I'll tell ya that!
                          you better check the broncos home sell out record and season ticket waiting list before spouting that nonsense again
                          sigpic

Comment

you better check the broncos home sell out record and season ticket waiting list before spouting that nonsense again
                            what does the home crowd have to do with it? I'm not talking about in Denver. are that many fans leaving the state of colorado? why are there so many fans all over the country?
                            sigpic

Comment

what does the home crowd have to do with it? I'm not talking about in Denver. are that many fans leaving the state of colorado? why are there so many fans all over the country?
                              because broncos are good, and have maintained a vision of that since 1976 with only 9 losing seasons in 43 years while the chargers have 17
                              out of that 43 years the broncos have made the post season 22 times, with 8 of those resulting in SB appearances and 3 titles...

compare that to the chargers 14 post season appearances, one SB and 1-3 in AFC title games

the broncos meanwhile are 8-2 in afc title games

thats how you build a nationwide fan base

while the chargers show how you dont build a nation wide fan base
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X