Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers games will be held without fans in attendance until further notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    https://www.chargers.com/news/sofi-s...endance-update

my response to that????

ADVANTAGE - Chargers

no more 16 road games a year, no more silent count at home. come to think of it, no silent count at all to worry about game planning.

one year break from the embarrassment of opposing fans taking over our stadium!

oh and if you want a good laugh at the charger's expense, read this thread.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...19560937005057
    Business as usual.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    speaking of being die-hard, my sister found an old picture of me that I thought I would share (if anyone cares )

that was taken almost 40 years ago, DAMN I'M OLD!!!
    That’s awesome Baphs!!!!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I expect the Chargers to have the biggest improvement this year

No other team is more used to playing without fans then them
    it's not like they are used to playing in an empty stadium though. they do have an advantage because they don't have to use a silent count nearly every game. then again, they can't use "us against the world" as motivation anymore. we are really going to see which teams are the best coached this season. guys are going to have to be coached up and motivated without feeding off the energy of the fans.
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-08-2020, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    I expect the Chargers to have the biggest improvement this year

No other team is more used to playing without fans then them

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver's last winning season was 2016.
    I disagree, 9-7 is not a winning season at all.

Win at least 10 games and I’ll consider it a winning season. Then again anything short of a super bowl appearance is considered a failure but still, win at least 10 games and were good, if not then it’s a failure!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    dude the broncos havent had a winning season since 2015, and still have the fans

dont typical bandwagon fans follow whatever team is winning, i know people like that...a few years ago they had ravens gear, then panthers, and then re wore the patriots, now they chiefs fans

bandwagon fans dont follow losing teams
    Denver's last winning season was 2016.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    dude the broncos havent had a winning season since 2015, and still have the fans

dont typical bandwagon fans follow whatever team is winning, i know people like that...a few years ago they had ravens gear, then panthers, and then re wore the patriots, now they chiefs fans

so you think the broncos fans are immune to that? their "nation" of fans all remain loyal no matter what? I've said many times I respect the true broncos fans (most here fit that category) and it's a good fan base that has been loyal in Denver. but the one thing I will not call them is "die-hard" because that fan base hasn't been tested in that regard.

you mention the broncos not having a winning season since 2015. you have had one top 10 pick in that span, the rest were top 15 or higher. that's the worst the broncos fans have had to endure? especially now that the Broncos are clearly a playoff-contending team again, on paper at least.

like i said, I've seen broncos fans everywhere around here until a couple of years ago until the chiefs got good. that's here though and that's just my opinion.

feel free to disagree, either way, the Broncos have a very good fan base overall.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    i know you're a true fan arapaho, I know many broncos fans are true fans and have ties to the broncos like I mentioned before. heck im one of those type of fans that don't live there anymore but have ties to my team.

don't you find it kind of odd that every single successful team has a "nation" of fans outside of the city they play in? I see it first hand here where i live. broncos fans everywhere until the chiefs got good, now guess what i see?

the bandwagon jumping front running fans outnumber us dude. sorry if you don't like me saying that or disagree.

oh and the chargers fans have traditionally been mostly fairweather, I know this man. it's more to do with the culture in socal more than anything but we have debated this several times in the past, I'm not looking to debate it more.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    I wish!
    Me too! :clap:

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Great picture. I love it. I've often wondered and I can now see somewhat what you look like closing in on the big "five-o".

Is all of the hair still intact?
    I wish!

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    speaking of being die-hard, my sister found an old picture of me that I thought I would share (if anyone cares )

Great picture. I love it. I've often wondered and I can now see somewhat what you look like closing in on the big "five-o".

Is all of the hair still intact?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    thats your problem...you call any bronco fan that wasnt born in denver, wasnt a fan pre 76 a "band wagon fan" there can be no other reason right

it cant be because as a young person they watched te broncos and liked them...it cant be because they grew up in denver, or their parents did and were fans...it cant be because like me i became a fan because my pop was, and he watched the broncos every week so i did, and because of guys like alzado, moses, upchurch, gradishaw, mecklenburg i became a true fan, it cant be because they got interested in football and liked the broncos

nope everyone is a band wagon fans

well i'll tell you the facts...i would rather be a life long fan of a successful team with a bunch of bandwagon fans that sell out the stadium week after week year after year...than a fan of a team that has to be the B team in los angeles because they got no fan base
    i know you're a true fan arapaho, I know many broncos fans are true fans and have ties to the broncos like I mentioned before. heck im one of those type of fans that don't live there anymore but have ties to my team.

don't you find it kind of odd that every single successful team has a "nation" of fans outside of the city they play in? I see it first hand here where i live. broncos fans everywhere until the chiefs got good, now guess what i see?

the bandwagon jumping front running fans outnumber us dude. sorry if you don't like me saying that or disagree.

oh and the chargers fans have traditionally been mostly fairweather, I know this man. it's more to do with the culture in socal more than anything but we have debated this several times in the past, I'm not looking to debate it more.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    my point exactly!

so you're saying that people only want to be fans of a team that wins? that's the very definition of bandwagon jumping

i'll take the die-hard fans over those front running fans that think they are so "die-hard" because they jumped on the bandwagon and some point and think they are now "die-hard" because they have remained loyal to a team that usually competes every year?

so many bandwagoning front running fans out there, they outnumber us true die-hards by quite a bit.
    thats your problem...you call any bronco fan that wasnt born in denver, wasnt a fan pre 76 a "band wagon fan" there can be no other reason right

it cant be because as a young person they watched te broncos and liked them...it cant be because they grew up in denver, or their parents did and were fans...it cant be because like me i became a fan because my pop was, and he watched the broncos every week so i did, and because of guys like alzado, moses, upchurch, gradishaw, mecklenburg i became a true fan, it cant be because they got interested in football and liked the broncos

nope everyone is a band wagon fans

well i'll tell you the facts...i would rather be a life long fan of a successful team with a bunch of bandwagon fans that sell out the stadium week after week year after year...than a fan of a team that has to be the B team in los angeles because they got no fan base

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied

weird, i pictured you in a dancing banana suit

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Last edited by baphamet; 09-01-2020, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X