2020 Chargers Injury Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Chargers Injury Report

As much as this could be smack, the Chargers seem to suffer as many catastrophic injuries as any team in the league, year after year after year.

Today we got word of the first major injury, Derwin James is done for the 2020 season following surgery to repair his meniscus. The timeframe to heal is 6-8 months. Sad that after a brilliant rookie season, he's now going to miss a full season after missing 11 games last season. Hopefully, for his sake, his career doesn't follow the same path as Jason Verrett.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...out-6-8-months

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    As much as this could be smack, the Chargers seem to suffer as many catastrophic injuries as any team in the league, year after year after year.

Today we got word of the first major injury, Derwin James is done for the 2020 season following surgery to repair his meniscus. The timeframe to heal is 6-8 months. Sad that after a brilliant rookie season, he's now going to miss a full season after missing 11 games last season. Hopefully, for his sake, his career doesn't follow the same path as Jason Verrett.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...out-6-8-months
    I got nothing to add other than the football godz hate the chargers.

At this point there is no reason for me to think the chargers won’t be picking in the top 10 of the 2021 draft.

That’s me being optimistic, more likely top 5 again.
    sigpic

Comment

thats a tuff blow

heres to a speedy recovery
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        thats a tuff blow

heres to a speedy recovery
        Agreed.

I hope he gets well and back out on the field.

Comment

Injuries suck, but they are part of the game. Surgery and rehab challenge one's discipline and willpower. Best wishes for speedy recovery to all in pain.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            I got nothing to add other than the football godz hate the chargers.

At this point there is no reason for me to think the chargers won’t be picking in the top 10 of the 2021 draft.

That’s me being optimistic, more likely top 5 again.
            You guys have a star player that is capable of playing in multiple schemes and positions.
            However and Perhaps Being set on high is a detriment.

He has a mind set that he can do it all and going full speed without caution just may be what he’s doing. Not saying it’s fact but just an idea.

Remember Deion Sander and Charles Woodson were hurt all the time. Perhaps ego got the better or them, perhaps that’s happening with James.

Champ Bailey was capable of carrying many other duties as well but he was kept strictly at CB with one job in mind and he remained healthy 90% of his career.

I’m just saying a star player trying to do many more things than he should, just because he’s capable, may not be such a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              You guys have a star player that is capable of playing in multiple schemes and positions.
              However and Perhaps Being set on high is a detriment.

He has a mind set that he can do it all and going full speed without caution just may be what he’s doing. Not saying it’s fact but just an idea.

Remember Deion Sander and Charles Woodson were hurt all the time. Perhaps ego got the better or them, perhaps that’s happening with James.

Champ Bailey was capable of carrying many other duties as well but he was kept strictly at CB with one job in mind and he remained healthy 90% of his career.

I’m just saying a star player trying to do many more things than he should, just because he’s capable, may not be such a good thing!
              his tacking ability in the open field at the SS/LB position will be greatly missed. the defense just won't be as good without him there and we need the defense to be elite to even have a chance IMO

it's not like I thought the chargers were a SB team even with Derwin, they had a shot at competing for the playoffs if they were to stay relatively healthy and have a defense that can hopefully carry them to some low scoring wins. it's going to be really tough now.

as far as your other argument, I don't know man. guys need to be going 100% during games (it was a scrimmage) regardless of what position or positions they play. I'm not sure playing different positions make a difference unless that position were to put more strain on your body I suppose. I just think (hope) the dude has had some bad luck. it happened to both keenan allen and melvin ingram early in their careers and they bounced back and have stayed healthy the past few years.

hopefully going forward that is what happens and he doesn't end up Jason verrett 2.0
              sigpic

Comment

Man that guy has some bad luck.....

Comment

Working...
                X