Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Drew Lock on his bad plays: “Half the time, right as the ball leaves my hand, I’m like… 'Oh no.’”
    https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/s...33491126550528

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

Touche.

But in all truth Idaho is one of the best outdoor recreational areas. It’s like Colorado without the crazy politicians.
    Not quite as recreational as Utah but you have to deal with the "M's" at times....and crazy politicians!

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

sorry if the sarcasm was too much for you. If you're going to venture to the smack section this week, you're just going to have to deal with my "juvenile" smack.

but thanks for answering my question. I don't think Elway is a bad GM in all aspects of his job but he needs scouting help or he needs to trust his scouts more, clearly.
    I come to the smack section to simply get out of the echo chamber. I'll always hate name calling, from either side.

That said, I'm still glad elway has been the gm and I think he's decent/good in some areas. But I think he's regressed and no longer able to fix the current problems. And it's because he no longer trusts his scouts but trusts himself too much,imo.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

Aside from your juvenile phrasing, I have left the lock and elway train. I've defended elway for years and Lock for months. Sadly, I no longer think elway is a good GM and lock simply looks like a potentially decent backup. Sigh.
    sorry if the sarcasm was too much for you. If you're going to venture to the smack section this week, you're just going to have to deal with my "juvenile" smack.

but thanks for answering my question. I don't think Elway is a bad GM in all aspects of his job but he needs scouting help or he needs to trust his scouts more, clearly.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    how are you guys feeling now?

is lock still your future franchise QB or did elway fall flat on his horse face again?
    Aside from your juvenile phrasing, I have left the lock and elway train. I've defended elway for years and Lock for months. Sadly, I no longer think elway is a good GM and lock simply looks like a potentially decent backup. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    how are you guys feeling now?

is lock still your future franchise QB or did elway fall flat on his horse face again?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    their starter is the veteran who is hurt. the chargers have a veteran in their QB room, the Broncos don't (until they signed bortles)

besides, Herbert is playing well for a rookie, I'm actually quite impressed with him all things considered. how did dweezle or whatever his name do?
    Driskel looked like a kid playing vs men, his teammates didn’t help him out much either!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    If only the Chargers would have had a veteran backup QBs they might have won today lol!!!!!!
    their starter is the veteran who is hurt. the chargers have a veteran in their QB room, the Broncos don't (until they signed bortles)

besides, Herbert is playing well for a rookie, I'm actually quite impressed with him all things considered. how did dweezle or whatever his name do?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    If only the Chargers would have had a veteran backup QBs they might have won today lol!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    How is a oline being garbage = he not keeping care of his body. The oline has been trash letting him get hit alot. When a qb gets hit he is likely to get injuries
    Both of his injuries happened when he rolled out of the pocket to extend plays and fell awkwardly. Had plenty of time to get rid of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    How can it be a blunder to play your QB drafted 42nd overall, who many considered a 1st-round prospect, that went 4-1 [beat the Chargers] and then use the salary cap to improve the team around him instead of spending money on a backup QB?

If Lock were struggling with a bad supporting cast, you and NFL.com would be saying Elway paid good money for a backup veteran QB who's not on the the field instead of giving Lock better weapons and more help on defense.

Not to mention that a big-name veteran QB probably would not have been interested in going to Denver as a backup with Lock entrenched as the starter.

In previous years the Broncos tried the veteran route with Keenum and Flacco, obviously it did not work, so now they are investing in the young QB they drafted.

Jeff Driskel came off the bench with very few reps as a backup and threw 2 TDs against one of the top defenses. Your starting QB Tyrod Taylor could not score any TD against the Panthers. Perhaps Driskel might be better than people think.

This was THE season to put the eggs in Lock's basket and determine if he can be a franchise QB, if he can progress quickly. Sadly, we've confirmed he can't take care of his body when being tackled and keeps hitting the ground in awkward positions. Last year it was his thumb, this time it's his shoulder.

The only possible 'blunder' IMO was running Kubiak out of town to bring Scangarello and then firing Scangarello after one season even though they should have expected growing pains from a rookie OC. 2nd-year QB learning his second offense is not ideal, especially after making Paxton Lynch work with 3 different coordinators in 3 offseasons.
    How is a oline being garbage = he not keeping care of his body. The oline has been trash letting him get hit alot. When a qb gets hit he is likely to get injuries

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I'd say no. The plan is to see if the guy is who Elway thinks he can be or not. Can't do that by going into it thinking you're gonna pull him if he fails.

Now, I would like to have seen a better back up but Driskel actually played twice as well as I thought was possible so........ maybe Elway actually got a great deal
    like I said in my OP, this season with covid concerns changes things a little bit. most teams want at least one veteran guy in the QB room, this season it's even more important IMO.

drew lock isn't a veteran and elway could have brought in a cheap guy like blake bortles into TC. sure, bortles isn't good but he has a good amount of experience and could have stepped in and started if lock got sick or injured. now, you guys are in a serious bind at QB.

but if this Driskel guy can hold the fort down and can win you guys some games with decent QB play, I will definitely admit elway knew what he was doing. we will see.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    The fact that John elway put all his eggs in the drew lock basket this season, a season with covid worries, is a bit of a blunder, is it not?

I posted a video ranking from NFL.com a couple of weeks ago that had the broncos QB situation ranked 31st in the NFL. that's just someone's opinion but that's obviously because the Broncos don't have a capable back up behind drew lock.

just some scrub named Jeff Driskel that when I googled him I found more info about him wearing a blue thong during a game than any info about his playing experience.
    I'd say no. The plan is to see if the guy is who Elway thinks he can be or not. Can't do that by going into it thinking you're gonna pull him if he fails.

Now, I would like to have seen a better back up but Driskel actually played twice as well as I thought was possible so........ maybe Elway actually got a great deal

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The fact that John elway put all his eggs in the drew lock basket this season, a season with covid worries, is a bit of a blunder, is it not?

I posted a video ranking from NFL.com a couple of weeks ago that had the broncos QB situation ranked 31st in the NFL. that's just someone's opinion but that's obviously because the Broncos don't have a capable back up behind drew lock.

just some scrub named Jeff Driskel that when I googled him I found more info about him wearing a blue thong during a game than any info about his playing experience.
    "To err is human; to forgive, divine." ~ Alexander Pope

Leave a comment:

Working...
X